[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the death of Star Fox Say goodbye
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: star.jpg (238 KB, 656x938) Image search: [Google]
star.jpg
238 KB, 656x938
This is the death of Star Fox

Say goodbye
>>
>2 million sold
Excuse me?
>>
>>335979047

[citation needed]
>>
>>335979047
LOL
>>
>>335979047
2 million what? Yen?
>>
>>335979047
>drones need to make up numbers to delude themselves into thinking they haven't lost
http://gonintendo.com/stories/256812-starfox-zero-guard-japanese-sales-details
>25k sold
AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
J U S T
U
S
T
>>
>>335979047
impressive if shitposting, really sad if actually thinking that
>>
Well, that can't be helped.

From here on out, Fox will now be known as "that one Smash character who was OP in Melee".
>>
>>335978982
>rehash a niche 20 year old meme game's story
>fill it with gimmicks and forced motion controls
>no online despite Guard having it
>Wii tier graphics
>no blue fox waifu

Starfox at least had a good run, but it proves Miyamoto's a fucking hack
>>
File: sfc2.jpg (20 KB, 334x250) Image search: [Google]
sfc2.jpg
20 KB, 334x250
>>335978982
>This is the death of Star Fox
That would be this shit right here, Zero was an unsuccessful attempt at necromancy
>>
>>335981145
Uh no, Command was great, innovative, and expanded upon the lore of the series while offering up lots of important character development and more depth to relationships. Command 2 is exactly what we should have gotten instead, the gamepad is perfect for it, Platinum would really get a chance to put their stylish character action combat skills to work, and Krystal would be in her rightful position as main character. Star Fox has always been a story focused series and Miyamoto ruined that with Zero/10.
>>
Vinny from Vinesauce is streaming this now
>>
>>335978982

Core gameplay is good, missing some content and acouple bad bosses.

Hope we get DLC.
>>
File: 1433624913570.gif (409 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1433624913570.gif
409 KB, 400x225
>>335981312
>Command 2 is exactly what we should have gotten instead

It's true what they say. Time does heal all wounds.

I remember being here when Command came out. It caught just as much Hell as Zero's catching now. I think your nostalgia goggles are on a little too tight.
>>
>>335978982

Goodbye, old friend. You have one good game in 20 years
>>
File: 67.png (162 KB, 482x600) Image search: [Google]
67.png
162 KB, 482x600
>>335978982
>Only relevant characters make it into Smash
>No more space animals in the next Smash game

Best study that fire emblem meta fuccbois
>>
>>335981863
Some people bolt their goggles to their forehead, it's horrifying.
>>
>>335981312

command isn't a game hated by an overly critical / nostalgic fanbase, nor is it simply ok. it's fucking dogshit
>>
>Make a shit game from a loved franchise
>It bombs
>shelf the franchise for another 10 years

Nintendo everyone. For the gamers.
>>
>>335981145
Holy shit stop your autism.

Krystal wasn't in this, yet you still blame this. Yeah command was shit, but Zero was a hard reboot and it still did bad, your boogeyman is gone.
>>
File: a.jpg (182 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
182 KB, 1280x720
>faggot underage dipshits wanted, of all people, Platinum to work on Star Fox
>they did
>its awful
>and as a result, you will never get your dream Star Fox game by pic related
>>
>>335981312
>Star Gox has always been a story focused series

Holy fuck, I was holding in my laughter until this nuclear bomb dropped.

A literal gas, bruh. Hilarious, best bait in years.
>>
>>335981863
>>335982037
Krystalphobes please get out and take your revisionist history with you, Command was well liked by real Star Fox fans, there was just a lot of shitposting from underage /b/tards who bought into the "LE FURRIES SUCK YIFF IN HELL XDDD" meme.
>>
>>335982150
That would be Assault. Which was mediocre.
>>
>>335982106
Using "this" as a stand in pronoun multiple times in a sentence only works if you are only referring to one thing or otherwise disambiguate. You can't refer to two different things as "this" in one sentence unless you're physically pointing or something
>>
File: puppet glory hole.gif (2 MB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
puppet glory hole.gif
2 MB, 360x240
The game came so close to being a proper follow up to 64, but they just tried too hard with certain things and missed the mark.

My biggest gripe is that the sense of scale seems off. Everything is just a BIT too big or spaced out, and results in the arwing feeling slow.

No on rails bosses was a disappointment. The map and progression isn't quite as good as 64; it doesn't feel like a race to get to Andross if you can just go back and pick a new path.

The scoring was fine as it was; collectibles are OK but Hits should always be the main determinant of a big medal for the stage.

Star Fox maintaining an arcade-y feel is important to the heart of the games, I think. They stepped away from that direction instead of pushing it forward, and that's where the game fails. If they made a new F-Zero, I fear something similar would happen.
>>
>>335982494
>You made a grammar error so i'm still right meme

Sorry that this isn't the only thing i have up, you can't blame krystal nor command for this, it makes you look foolish.
>>
>>335982713
I'm not that guy and I've only played 64 so I have no opinion. I'm just helping you out anon. It sounds like you're saying Command didn't have Krystal
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (45 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
45 KB, 1280x720
>>335982223
>>
>>335982223
>real star fox fans

Ok pack it up people we have another gay thread to shitpost in in five minutes, GO GO GO
>>
>>335978982
Platinum is a terrible company and has never made a good game.
I'm glad you all see this now.
>>
>>335982223
>Command was well liked by real Star Fox fans
I'm going to be honest, I really wanted to like Command at the very least, and I gave it a decent shot, but no, it's not good.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.