[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantastic games that fractured their fanbase like the frackiest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: RE6 (2).jpg (265 KB, 1189x1500) Image search: [Google]
RE6 (2).jpg
265 KB, 1189x1500
>>
>>335975645
>>
Still waiting for op to post a fantastic game
>>
Re6 is garbage.
>>
File: Crysis_2_cover.png (202 KB, 256x358) Image search: [Google]
Crysis_2_cover.png
202 KB, 256x358
>>
File: BH6 2015-12-26 23-40-57-69.jpg (805 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
BH6 2015-12-26 23-40-57-69.jpg
805 KB, 1920x1200
>>335975782
>>335975805
It's literally the greatest game in the series, though. And one of the best character action games ever made. Not liking RE6 is basically admitting you have shit taste in vidogames.
>>
>>335975645
>tfw you'll never make sweet love to Piers
>>
File: 2187722-cg_helena.jpg (24 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
2187722-cg_helena.jpg
24 KB, 640x640
>>335976457
>>tfw you'll never make sweet love to Piers
What are you, a faggot? You'll never hold Helena's wide, wide hips in your hands as you plow her.
>>
>>335975989
Game's fun, Leon campaign made huge expectations for the rest of the game, Jake palm rush downs was more fun than it has any right to be. Enemy variety was also really solid, if they only used that to more advantage

That said, Gonna Lay Down, I Need a Rest: The Game really needed better controls, especially when every campaign after Leon becomes a shooter with zombies carrying guns for whatever retarded reason. Inventory management is even worse than 5, enemies are bullet sponges even when you head shot them, why the game has you jumping over cover as an immediate action instead of hiding behind it is cumbersome, a stamina bar that recharged at a snails pace unless you drop down on your back, and ending the game with Ada campaign, where they not only shove all the puzzles, but stealth with awkward camera angles, stealth kills in a fuggin zombie game, and a last boss that's just the 2nd form of Leon's last boss, only playing her side of the battle, that was a really huge let down on how they ended the game
>>
File: Cover_Dat_Ass.webm (2 MB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Cover_Dat_Ass.webm
2 MB, 640x400
>>335977487
>why the game has you jumping over cover as an immediate action instead of hiding behind it is cumbersome
Because you're supposed to slide into cover. You slide towards cover, step away. You don't walk up to cover and press a button.
>>
The only good part of RE6 is mercenaries since it's the only time you can actually have fun with its good combat mechanics. The campaigns are fucking trash and only tolerable if you're playing with another person, but pretty much anything is fun with a friend so it's a moot point.
>>
>>335978297
Huh, that makes more sense, only used sliding to slide tackle zombies for that stun

Still that's a bit awkward for something like Chris's campaign where you're stuck in cramped areas a lot
>>
I really enjoyed RE6 and my mains were Helena, Piers and Sherry.
>>
>>335977487
>That said, Gonna Lay Down, I Need a Rest: The Game really needed better controls

Completely disagree. The game's controls are fine. The only control adjustments it needs are regards to the menu management and menu design.

>>335978507

That's more of an issue with the level design than controls.
>>
>>335978507
>Huh, that makes more sense, only used sliding to slide tackle zombies for that stun
In a fantasy world, Capcom would have TAUGHT you this shit, instead of assuming players were psychic.
>>
>>335978485
>The only good part of RE6 is mercenaries since it's the only time you can actually have fun with its good combat mechanics.
There is no practical difference between campaigns and mercs. The level design is basically identical.
>The campaigns are fucking trash and only tolerable if you're playing with another person, but pretty much anything is fun with a friend so it's a moot point.
The irony is the campaigns are actually a lot better solo because you're fully in control of set pieces. You don't have the camera pulling away because the other player did something.
>>
File: 1461477468308.jpg (95 KB, 757x878) Image search: [Google]
1461477468308.jpg
95 KB, 757x878
That was RE4, it was a great game but it wasn't resident evil
>>
>>335978998
The difference is you're just running around a small area racking up kills instead of slogging through the game's shit scenarios and encounters.
>>
I haven't played an RE since 4.

I heard that Sherry has some kind of G-virus remnants or something that makes her super human or something. I guess a perfected version of whatever Birkin was working on before he got fucked.
>>
>>335979259
Somebody doesn't like story-driven game design.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.