[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just got back from seeing this. It was unfortunately pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: rncp1.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1896) Image search: [Google]
rncp1.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1896
I just got back from seeing this. It was unfortunately pretty average. As someone who's played all the games it was great seeing the characters on the big screen but I feel most people won't have the same attachment unless they've played the games before. It's hard to build up those character bonds in an hour and a half as opposed to playing hours worth of games.

Anyone else see it? Are there any other reasons this wasn't the movie to save video game movies from mediocrity?
>>
>>335974810
The studio that made it doesn't exactly have a good track record if I recall correctly. This may go down in history as one of their best. Also, that studio is not Sony Pictures Animation if you thought that.
>>
I went in expecting to watch an hour and a half of game cut scenes and that's what I got. There were some really good jokes and some really bad jokes. The Easter eggs were great though. I'm just glad a movie was even made. Looking forward to Sly.
>>
>>335975607
I thought the Daxter/Sly egg was one of the best parts of the movie IMO
>>
I place it on the same level as Big Hero 6. Take that as you want.
>>
Going to see this tomorrow, is the general consensus that it's a "meh" 7/10?
I'd be fine with that since most other video game movies can't even get that far.
>>
>>335976993
I'd say its average if you've played the games. Maybe a 5-6 if you've never. Though I could be wrong. My girlfriend thought it was about a 7 and she had never played the games.
>>
>>335974810
Average? This movie was horrible. Ratchet had no personality whatsoever. He sounded and acted like every other generic hero i've seen. All these new characters had no character or interesting traits in the least. Every single joke fell flat. I did't laugh once. The pacing was some of the worst ive ever seen it played out like a giant cutscene which is actually the funniest thing about the movie. It is boring and fails on every level except animation both in the r and c series and as a stand alone movie.
>>
The best part was when Drek got fucking disintegrated by the deplanetizer.
>>
>>335974810
How was pic related?
>>
File: Sly_Cooper_Logo.png (205 KB, 960x402) Image search: [Google]
Sly_Cooper_Logo.png
205 KB, 960x402
>>335974810
So is Playstation Cinematic Universe kill?
>>
>>335977851
Im assuming she was the voice of one of the female characters? If so she was boring and mediocre.
>>335977971
I hope so I really do.
>>
>>335977490
Only worthwhile post in this thread.
>>
File: 158.jpg (28 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
158.jpg
28 KB, 600x338
>Expecting Sony Pictures to deliver
They are the Nintendo of movies
>>
>>335977490
How was Qwark?
>>
>>335978092
Oh..
>>
The movie was definitely bad but I found it enjoyable and funny. People who have played the games will enjoy the movie.
>>
>>335978447
Exactly how he is in the games more or less.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.