[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>rehash the same game five times in a row >people defend it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg (220 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
DARKSOUL_facebook_mini.jpg
220 KB, 1200x650
>rehash the same game five times in a row
>people defend it
>>
Meanwhile, Final Fantasy, Monster Hunter, Doom, and Metroid fans cry and bitch about how the latest games in their series change too much of their formula and ruined them
>>
>>335965160
Don't even bother. This board rides From's dick.
>>
>>335965387
It's because the people who actually like the game are playing the game and not bitching about it online.
>>
>>335965160
Well at least Bloodborne had a different setting and tries to change up the gameplay a little.

DaS3 is just a poor cash grab with the same area themes we've seen before, more linear world than DaS2 and over half the weapons and armour are just copied from DaS1 and 2.

Not even mentioning most bosses are shit gimmicks.
>>
>>335965160
Im a fan of the series. I imported Demon's Souls when it first was released, and I have every single collectors edition.

I actually agree.

Mostly in relation to DS2 and DS3.

Demon's and Dark Souls are similar, but distinctly different because of the open world structure vs. the level based world of Demon's. It made the games feel similar but vastly different.

Bloodborne was idfferent enough because of the weapons and aeshtetic.

Dark Souls 2 and 3 absolutely feel like lazy rehashes of the Dark Souls 1 formula.They won't ever be classics in their own right like how Dark Souls is.

I can't really put my finger on exactly why, but maybe it's just they aren't different enough.
>>
t. Babby that only played DaS1 and gave up at gargoyles
>>
the entire souls fandom is retarded. they all think they play a better game because its hard. And each game is the same as the last but they all still rant on how it is so good and better than other games.
>>
>>335965387
>FF plays like KH now
>FF fans cry and bitch
I think they have good reason that and having a series that hasn't been good for a decade and a half is also pretty shitty
>>
>>335966338

Demon's was never advertised as hard, it's just that a shitload of reviewers started sprouting this nonsense about it being the hardest shit ever. Then Namco-Bandai did their shitty Prepare to Die campaign.

Demon's was never about the difficulty.
>>
Played through every Soulsborne game, and honestly mostly agree with the OP on From rehashing and cashing...

But for some reason it doesnt stop them from being good. Maybe it's more of a case of "dont fix what aint broken"

The formula just works, and most fans of the series are ecstatic to play more of a good thing, and From knows this.
>>
I don't even play Souls but the point of a series is to give you more of the same, not reinvent the wheel.
>>
>>335965160
When that one game was better than all the games that came before it in the last 7 years, yes I will defend it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.