[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck do you not lose in this game? I've only played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: vii.jpg (138 KB, 1119x700) Image search: [Google]
vii.jpg
138 KB, 1119x700
How the fuck do you not lose in this game?

I've only played as smaller states, tried playing as Papal States this last time. Tried to conquer Tuscany but then
>allies with Austria who'd been cleaning house the whole game within only a couple years - how convenient

Then I try to conquer Two Sicilies
>gigantic rebel factions take over

I'm SOL and try to make fucking wine until the rebels invade my homeland. They had 50+ infantry within 6 years and here I am stuck with only 15!

How the hell is that possible? Can the player do that too? I just want to conquer places but the game is rigged 110% against you. Shit's hard.
>>
This image triggers me on new levels.
I just can't even right now.
>>
>>335961074
t. Liquor pro
>>
>>335961260
The eternal anglo shows himself.
>>
File: Yellow Prussia.png (959 KB, 799x762) Image search: [Google]
Yellow Prussia.png
959 KB, 799x762
>>335961260
>>
>>335961074

>Trying to play Vicky as a map painting simulator

wew
>>
>>335961074
Don't play as a small nation.
>>
>>335962097
Am I supposed to sit there twiddling my thumbs while factories get built or something? While neighbors get stronger and stronger?

>>335962168
First actual piece of advice, thanks.
>>
Have you eased into it by playing other more casual grand strategy games, or did you start with Vicky?
>>
>he fell for the "grand" strategy meme
>>
>>335962502
I started with it, heard it was best out there so tried jumping in. I knew it was probably a bad idea but didn't think it would be impossible to figure out
>>
>>335962326
From memory Papal States have low population and isn't really liked by any big country...I would go for taking some uncivilized shit and trying to become friend with prussia if you don't like austria
>>
>>335962751
I only don't like Austria because it intervened with Tuscany. In any other game it wouldn't matter
>>
pls buy stellaris
>>
>>335962697
It's definitely doable, but you'd maybe get more enjoyment out of EUIV or CKII, if you're interested in those time periods.

But you'll learn by playing, you always fuck up your first runs, because they're just about learning the mechanics and AI, anyway.

Don't get discouraged, m8. It's natural to feel overwhelmed at first, but within 10 hours you'll understand the systems and how to exploit the AI without trouble.
>>
>>335963048
And I'll play as a bigger nation next time too, thanks

But I'm still confused about how quickly the rebels in Two Sicilies formed, and how damn big they were. Like I said they had 45 or 50 or more and I was stuck with a cap at 15 or so. They were nearly the same size...

I mean one thing that did happen was that Italy became unified (which I resisted because nationalism) and were immediately shuffled under France's wing. Can nations fund other nations' revolts or something? I have no idea how wide the scope of this game goes
>>
>>335962981
You will have to hate both Austria and France if you want a cute Italy dude, and who doesn't want a cute Italy?
>>
>>335962697
CK2, March of the Eagles and Darkest Hour are all beginner-tier grand strategy. Try those because Vicky is obtuse af
>>
>>335963387
Was going to get CK2 but ego got in the way I guess. Will definitely consider it
>>
>>335963369
They unify Italy really early into the game, too early for me to even hold a finger up to
>>
File: 1461578253551.jpg (56 KB, 415x395) Image search: [Google]
1461578253551.jpg
56 KB, 415x395
>>335961074
>I've only played as smaller states

Victoria 2 isn't really set up to where any country can do well, unlike CK/EU

You need to play as a country that actually has a good enough base to start from, like any of the GP/SPs, Japan, Persia, and so on

Conquering and annexation also isn't as heavily emphasized in V2 as there are severe penalties for warmongering.
>>
>>335963672
So you really need support from a great power and to make a colonial empire, it's the better way to protect yourself and grow now
>>
File: persia1.jpg (672 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
persia1.jpg
672 KB, 1920x1080
Git gud.

But seriously, Vicky 2 is not a good starting point. It's the most complex and unbalanced of the PDS games. Playing as most small countries is suicide, and you have to learn the game inside-out to succeed as them.
>>
>>335963948
Okay, I see. Starting to get it now. You can't run the whole world, just shape it into what you want it to be? Right?
>>
>>335961074
Just play enough OP and you will get it eventually.
I was playing the New Nations mod and released New England to play as. I then went on to be a major colonizer in Africa as well as conquering Korea and Japan. Shit is fun.
>>
>>335961862
I think it's more the disgusting borders than anything to do with you, Kraut.
>>
>>335964207
I really just was curious about the military cap. I can only build so many factions, like there's a cap on it. I know they grow in time but the rates I get treated with are nothing compared to even neighboring countries
>>
>>335964117
Yes, you won't run the world even with England, you have to react to the other countries and learn how to live with them...after some time you will see that some times it's even better to have a friend then a territory sometimes
>>
>>335961074

Don't pick small irrelevant countries like the Papal States to start with. Paradoxically they're even harder because you just get bullied by the AI and have to use gamey tactics to get ahead.

Japan is the best country to learn Victoria 2 with in my opinion. You have a massive population base, you're safe from invaders, you're rich with all the resources you need, you're in a perfect position to colonize Asia and you can become Westernized quicker than any other unciv in the game.

Remember that the objective is not to blob, you can win games with prestige and industry too. Prioritize resources you need or territories with a lot of populations to add to your own. For example, as Japan it's always a good idea to take Korea because it's rich in coal and has a large population - you can later expand to China and dominate the game with your millions of Chinese pops that you can use to produce goods or make soldiers.
>>
>>335965119
Great advice, thanks, will play as Japan next round. I'm also watching videos on how to start off on the right foot
>>
Can I import my Russian empire save from Eu4 into Victoria 2?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.