[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of duelyst?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: duelyst.png (966 KB, 1280x700) Image search: [Google]
duelyst.png
966 KB, 1280x700
What does /v/ think of duelyst?
>>
File: VET'S BACK, BABY lo fi.webm (3 MB, 920x400) Image search: [Google]
VET'S BACK, BABY lo fi.webm
3 MB, 920x400
>>335958326
fun, dead gaem

not actually dead, no trouble finding a match at all, but it's impossible to talk about on /v/ or /vg/, dead af.
>>
>>335960215
I am always surprised by how fast I queue into someone playing the game

perhaps there's some hidden community of hipsters I don't know about
>>
>>335958326
It was fun and I really got into it but then the tactical portion just grew old. With everything only moving two spaces a lot of the possibilities were sucked out. Everything became predictable.

The other problem is I wanted more monsters on the field and at the start it was a good possibility. Then they decided for "faster paced" combat where everything's life expectancy is only 23 turns out side of finishers.

The lure of tactics is strong but its just not there to keep me interested.
>>
Fun, but flawed. They make up for typical card game RNG problems well by allowing you to replace cards, but then fail with cards with random effects, or creatures being summoned into random locations. One step forward, two steps back.
>>
>No drafting
>Limited costs coins
>Limited is only open for like 2 days out of the weak
>They scraped the format where you could use any card in a deck with no race restrictions
>Only ranked matched

Was fun while the new game high was strong but after it wore off every game felt samey. You could easily tell what people were going to do based on cards in hand, side, and creatures on field. I got so good at predicting my enemies moves I just gave up. There was no fun in it.
>>
>>335961290
>They scraped the format where you could use any card in a deck with no race restrictions
you can just imagine how much of a clusterfuck that'd be to balance

also I believe the arena stuff is only open 2 days because they don't have enough people to have it open all 7, would take too long to wait for an opponent
>>
>>335961801
That was the point though. It was a version of their limited format where you could end up with any card. It was not meant to be taken seriously.

The arena is all I was interested in. Constructed was busted and worthless. I wanted to be caught off guard not fight samey predictable decks.
>>
Played a bit of it late last year.
Not so into it nowadays because I'm shit, but it's still fun and interesting to watch
>>
>remove sandbox where I can theorycraft my deck to know what synergizes well before actually having to spend dust, not to mention build against popular existing decks

yeah by guys
>>
File: 1461931257262.jpg (11 KB, 198x328) Image search: [Google]
1461931257262.jpg
11 KB, 198x328
>its becoming more and more like hearthstone with every patch
>>
>>335958326
f2p is boring as fuck and I don't want to buy a bunch of cards to have fun
>>
>>335960215

Is this just scrolls? It looks A LOT like scrolls, but with less effort put into the art style..
>>
>>335958326

Oh, so they finally released new generals and added somehting to make them different from eachother?

I'll sell boot it up again.
>>
>>335962610
literally nothing like scrolls
>>
File: DD rage feel.png (140 KB, 591x574) Image search: [Google]
DD rage feel.png
140 KB, 591x574
>>335958326
Whos even got time for another card game.
>>
Its visuals gave me cancer.
>>
>>335965509
I sure hope you mean the disgusting art and not the gorgeous pixels
>>
Is there any Kara Winterblade Lewd?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.