[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the harder boss?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: wwe.jpg (932 KB, 3760x1080) Image search: [Google]
wwe.jpg
932 KB, 3760x1080
Who is the harder boss?
>>
with pontiff there will be attack patterns that are simply impossible to dodge due to them overlapping

the dancer although quick still has noticeable patterns
>>
Dancer on the basis that it killed me once on both playthroughs while Pontiff has never killed me.. But more importantly Aldritch and Nameless King. Those were the only two bosses that took more than two attempts with Nameless King being like 10 times harder than anything else in the game.
>>
>>335956824
spot the shield babby
>>
File: 1458616427361.png (12 KB, 214x248) Image search: [Google]
1458616427361.png
12 KB, 214x248
>>335956560
non of the bosses in DaS3 is hard
>>
>>335956929
I used a target shield on my first run for parries. Second run was shieldless.
>>
>>335956560
Pontiff.

If you found Dancer difficult you should kill yourself
>>
>>335956824
Aldritch? You're joking right?

He exists solely to get wrecked
>>
File: Hahaha.jpg (114 KB, 872x720) Image search: [Google]
Hahaha.jpg
114 KB, 872x720
>>335957129
>Actually having trouble with Pontiff

You've got no business talking down to anyone.
>>
I've come to the belief that only people the skipped Bloodborne struggle with Pontiff, I refuse to believe that anyone that beat Bloodborne would find Pontiff remotely challenging.
>>
Pontiff is very hard unless you learn to parry or are over leveled.

Dancer is tough at first, but any build can beat her easily once you recognize her patterns. They're quick at first but have easy tells. Moreover, magic builds can range her pretty easily.

Pontiff barely telegraphs some of his moves like the stab. And when he gets his clone out, it becomes really difficult to do the normal roll-roll-attack-roll-roll-attack. You need to be extremely patient and have good timing on you dodge rolls unless you're parrying.
>>
>>335956560
dancer is one of the easiest bosses in the game, i have no clue why people have trouble on her. slow windups with huge tells, large arena with pillars to block, huge wirey frame that you can abuse.
>>
Probably depends on your build.

Dancer took more tries for me than Pontiff, but I was playing a STR-based character with a fuckhueg axe, so I could get his shadow's health down to one or two hits before the summoning animation even finished. Being patient with my attacks was able to get me through the rest of the fight. Meanwhile, it seemed like the Dancer could just attack so quickly and widely that I really couldn't ever attack safely.

But a lot of people seem to have more trouble with the Pontiff, and I'm guessing it's probably more DEX-centered characters who have to dodge his bullshit for longer and who can deal with the small windows of attack on Dancer without issue.

The boss that fucked me up more than anything was the Princes, though.
>>
Dancer is literally a fair version of Pontiff.
>>
>>335956560
Both are pretty easy I guess they're around the same because I killed them both first attempt.
>>
>>335957596
Most of the bosses in bloodborne were piss easy for me and pontiff wrecked me like 10 times
>>
>>335957615
When his clone comes out you need to be more aggressive and wreck him while ignoring the clone
>>
>>335957596

Wow it's almost like your character is way fucking slower in Dark Souls, while enemies are just as fast as BB.
>>
>>335957790
But that's not fair anon, you killed every boss on the first attempt!
>>
>>335957678
Attacks that hit you through the pillars
>>
>>335957680
Honestly strength makes any fight easy with greatshields. And plenty of fast strength based weapons.
>>
>>335957850
I don't understand how. It's just the basic Bloodborne aggressive melee boss, dodge through the swings and hit him, it's so fucking easy and his attacks are super obvious.

I'll grant that the shadow clone can throw a wrench in the works but it has such little health that it dies if you sneeze on it. Even with a raw weapon you can deal 90% of its health bar during its summon animation before it even attacks so it's not like you need to be high level for that to be the case.
>>
>>335957596

Thing about bloodborne is it had more fluid movement and was generally faster.

Using no shield run in Dark Souls is easier on some bosses, but this game has enemies with massive sweeping attacks that you can dodge but because of low stamina you can easily find yourself just running out and not being able to get any hits in.

DS3 and Bloodborne are pretty different in terms of how combat works, also being that you had a projectile weapon in BB as a sidearm.

That being said, I think Pontiff would be one of the easier bosses if it was a bloodborne boss. Most bloodborne bosses would be pretty impossible in dark souls 3 though while ds3 bosses would be easy as hell in bloodborne.
>>
>>335958182
I didn't even try to roll through his swings after the first attempt because rolling on the wrong side got me killed in 10 seconds. When I replay the game I don't really have trouble with him anymore but he's pretty intimidating at first. I did have trouble against BSB too I'm probably just bad against these types of bosses
>>
Dancer just has that bullshit spin move that lasts way too fucking long. Pontiff can be a real cunt if you position yourself poorly when he pulls out his clone.
>>
>>335958418
In fairness there are bosses in this series considered easy that I still struggle with. But for me the hyper aggression melee boss has always been a cake walk. Beat Pontiff, Oceiros, Orphan of Kos, Maria, BSB etc all first attempt.
>>
>>335958178
I dunno, I'm on my second playthrough and using a DEX build seems way, way easier than STR. But it could also be because it's my second time around and things would be easier regardless, hard to say.
>>
Dancer on the basis that you have a massive erection the entire fight.
>>
Dancer. Can't be parried and her grab and spin are brutal.
>>
>>335958623
Probably. My first character was dex and it was much easier on my second playtrhough with a strength character
>>
>>335958872
Yeah, it probably just boils down to us gitting gudder and knowing what to expect out of the bosses, then.
>>
>>335958030
No not all, Nameless king took 3 attempts.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (278 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
278 KB, 1440x1080
>>335956560
> your meme games
> difficult
wait you are serious. HAHAHAHA
>>
Dancer's ass makes my penis harder so I say Dancer.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.