[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didnt this game get alot of attention back then? it had alot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Tsfpbox.jpg (24 KB, 250x354) Image search: [Google]
Tsfpbox.jpg
24 KB, 250x354
Why didnt this game get alot of attention back then? it had alot more content than most FPS Games today, along with humor, a mapmaker that's larger than halo, lots of variety of characters and weapons, an extremely fun multiplayer (especially 4-player splitscreen) and a very long story mode. you can put in 200 hours on this game and its still fun

This is Literally the definition of underrated.
>>
People were too focused on Halo 2 and Battlefield 2.
>>
File: 1461810301554.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1461810301554.png
29 KB, 633x758
>You will never see a timesplitter sequel
>>
2005 was a pretty good time for FPS, so it didn't stand out quite as much as it does today. Don't get me wrong, it's a fucking great game, but it just had a lot to beat.
>>
>>335955232
It got a pretty good amount of attention back then, it just wasn't sensational like Halo because online play on the PS2's online wasn't as polished.
>>
>>335955314
Oh and Half-Life 2.
>>
File: 2219615-timesplitters4.png (205 KB, 480x284) Image search: [Google]
2219615-timesplitters4.png
205 KB, 480x284
>>335955413
I WILL NEVER STOP HOPING
>>
>>335955232
loved this game but timesplitters 2 was way better
>>
>>335955464
It was on Gamecube and Xbox too.
>>
Me and my friends didn't have an Xbox or PC back then, so this game was actually pretty popular in my neighborhood.
The PS2 multitap made this so much fun, it was like Perfect Dark all over again, but with new weapons and stages.
>>
>>335955779
Oh, forgot it came out on the Xbox.
>>
Fuck anyone that chose chimps or the robot fish, worse than oddjob cunts in goldeneye
>>
>>335955232
It was one of the best FPSs of the PS2, but nobody buys th PS2 to play FPSs.
>>
>>335956224
this, i suppose
>>
Dude bro casuals were too busy playing halo . also ts didn't really market themselves good
>>
>>335955232
It just didn't have good controls like other shooters at the time, It still had a control scheme similar to Goldeneye.
I mean, the year was 2005 and people were still couldn't shoot shorter characters correctly.
>>
>>335955232
EA didn't advertise the game at all
>>
>>335956224
It was on the Gamecube and, more importantly, the Xbox as well.
>>
>>335956545
Timesplitters: Future Perfect actually gave it a default control scheme more in line with other shooters at the time, with the Goldeneye style of shooting as an alternate option you could select.
>>
>>335955413
Someone is working on a "remaster". Won't be from the studio but it'll be time splitters in all its glory.
>>
>>335956545
>>335957485
if i recall correctly you could set a custom control scheme, including every possible key binding
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.