[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which game started the "hidden cave behind waterfall" trope?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: zosia-435.jpg (37 KB, 435x580) Image search: [Google]
zosia-435.jpg
37 KB, 435x580
Which game started the "hidden cave behind waterfall" trope?
>>
which ever it was stole it from movies
which stole it from books
which stole it from real life
>>
>>335951098
Star Citizen
>>
Lost: via domus
>>
>>335951265
>>
>>335951265
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
...Ocarina of Time?
>>
>>335951584
Aw shit that wasn't a cave, that was a heart piece. My bad.
>>
>>335951584
super mario bros
zelda
ironsword ii
>>
to me it was diddy kong racing but that's just my first memory of it. That and OOT.
>>
>>335951265
How could anyone enjoy that?
>>
>>335951685
Also Zora's domain is behind a waterfall.
>>
>>335951098
I didn't like her story arc in the last season
>>
Other fiction did.

It just works really well in games.
>>
>>335951724
There's a cave behind a lot of waterfalls in the original.

In Super Mario bros 3, you literally can go inside what seems to be passing water to get secret stuff. The most iconic is Ocarina of Time's Zora temple, there's a lot of moments in Star Wars games I think here there's hidden stuff behind open water.

I think even Act Raiser has a part where you can walk inside a waterfall. Chrono Trigger too.
>>
>>335951819
did you see the one with the mousetrap with thumbtacs on it?
cock on cock isnt the worst thing you could do to yer pecker
>>
A Link to the Past had them way before Ocarina.
>>
>>335951982
teach me how to like men
>>
I would have to guess some text-based rpg from the 1980s probably did it first in video games.
>>
>>335952107
that sounds likely too.
>>
King Quest IV had a cave behind a waterfall in this part
>>
Zelda for the NES
>>
>>335951098
They took it from the Caribbean in the 1600s
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.