[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Biggest problem with Dark Souls 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: Mimic.png (219 KB, 476x666) Image search: [Google]
Mimic.png
219 KB, 476x666
Biggest problem with Dark Souls 3?
>>
File: CX4pV_tWYAAkm-u.jpg (37 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
CX4pV_tWYAAkm-u.jpg
37 KB, 500x333
faith being shit
>>
There's no poise
>>
Blue Sentinels/Darkmoon/Watchdogs summoning.
>>
you
>>
Aldritch's arrow rain.
>>
>>335942816
Either this or magic being useless still. I want my spellsword damnit
>>
File: undead_hunter_charm.png (31 KB, 195x245) Image search: [Google]
undead_hunter_charm.png
31 KB, 195x245
>>335942558
???
>>
Equip Load is just a fun tax. There's nothing exciting about investing in Vitality and it basically rules out wearing the coolest armor sets and having a good roll unless you want to give up some ring slots or something.
>>
>>335942816
Fuck is poise.
>>
>>335942558
Estus healing is too fast. Lloyd's Talismans last a few seconds.
>>
Poise being turned off. Without it, STR isn't nearly as viable as other playstyles (though at least it's not unplayable).

Runner up: A few of the covenants need a fundamental overhaul (WoB, Sentinels, Darkmoons, Swampdogs)

Bronze medal: NPC questlines are too easy to break. They always have been, but it's at a ludicrous level now. Half the fucking game is locked behind Yuria and the bitch never even shows up if you're not shit at the game / purposely killing yourself over and over. Going to Abyss Watchers is way more natural and logical than taking a detour to Cathedral of the Deep even though you're supposed to, and doing it breaks a bunch of NPC quests as well. I like somewhat vague and missable quests just fine, but DS3 is just beyond the pale when it comes to this shit.
>>
>>335942936
just fucking run from it lol. I don't understand how people found aldritch that difficult.

>>335942983
Armor making it so you don't get stunned by Estoc pokes basically. As it is now armor does barely anything and heavy armor is useless if it makes you above 70%
>>
>>335942816
Yeah there is
>>
I'm a noob, how does magic damage work?

I'm using the Crystal Sage Rapier and it scales well with intelligence. So because it scales with intelligence, I'd that raising the magic damage or still the physical damage?

Magic weapons confuse me.
>>
File: confusion.jpg (31 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
confusion.jpg
31 KB, 853x480
>>335942816
>>335942947
???
Poise is pretty useful in this game, even more so if you use huge weapons.
>>
monster and bonfire placement. I found myself just running from fog door to fog door halfway through the game, skipping monsters in between.
>>
>>335942558
Vitality and armor is useless so doing quality/refined builds are easy.
>>
>>335942947
They'll buff it.
>>
File: 20160426161429_1.jpg (513 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160426161429_1.jpg
513 KB, 1920x1080
>>335942978
learn to fashion

seriously though, VIT gives quite a bit of defense. You can trade like a motherfucker in heavy armour and high vit, especially since so many use clutch or roll rings.
>>
>>335942558
It doesn't have one really big problem, but it has a shitload of small problems that really suck dick
>>
Enemies hitting through the walls is a complaint I never see mentioned.
>>
>>335943156
>just fucking run from it lol. I don't understand how people found aldritch that difficult.
It totally screws over anyone trying to play as a fatty. You roll and to avoid his blasts and the arrows catch up and murder you. It's not as bad as ancient dragon but it's still fucked.
>>
>>335943227
I know what you're talking about and you can do it naked. Try it.
>>
>>335942558
Invasions are often not fun and pvp in general is pretty limited. I don't have the urge to make a million character builds.
>>
>>335943290
>learn to fashion
>That horrid character
>>
>>335943216
The magic damage scales with int.
>>
>>335943332
like?
>>
>>335943047
This is my main issue with the game. It drags out PvP and make PvP a joke. They should have tied it to stat like DaS2.
>>
>>335943379
I've complain about it numerous times. I've been killed a few times because enemies with large weapons completely phase through walls and still hit me. I've even been killed by Old Demon King because I was standing behind one of the huge boulders in the fight, and he throws a fireball straight through the boulder and kills me..

Even the Deacons of the Deep curse orb will go straight through the huge obelisk in the room to hit you. I don't know how anyone thinks this is acceptable game design in 2016.
>>
>>335943586
You can do it to sometimes.
>>
>>335942558
Awful community.
>>
>>335943691
:*- (

anon hey
>>
>>335943586

Why are you trying to cheese the game by hiding behind shit like a little bitch?

How about instead of whining that being an estus chugging cowardly fuckboi isn't viable, you learn the attacks and start dodging shit?
>>
>>335942947

magic is overpowered as fuck, though

i am literally doing a playthrough right now at sl 80 and i am smacking shit for 1000 damage soul spears. its objectively easier than my 40/40 str/dex build because i dont even need to be in range to get hit

flashsword and soul greatsword are also crazy good in pvp as well

seriously the only reason people cry about magic is because they cant flip around in full havels and a big 2 hand weapon while 1 shotting people between crystal soul spears
>>
>>335942947

>magic
>useless

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KnR1kJ7MAs
>>
>>335943852
>defending shitty game design this blatantly
>>
The "teleport everywhere and level at waifu" design philosophy.
>>
>>335943891
>flashsword and soul greatsword are also crazy good in pvp as well

Lol no. I don't know about flashsword, but I tried out SoulGS for quite a while, and the only time I ever managed to hit ANYONE with it was when they had their back turned. It's so fucking slow and easily dodgeable that it's basically useless in pvp.
>>
>>335943379
Those huge fucker in Bloodborne would hit me all the time when I was a level above them.
>>
The questlines. They're needlessly complicated.
>>
>>335943934

The game is not designed around you hiding behind walls and around corners to not have to deal with dangerous attacks. Therefore, there's literally nothing wrong with the game design and you should stop being such a bitch.
>>
>>335943924

reminder, you can literally do that much damage at sl 80 with 60 int
>>
>>335942558
It ends.
>>
>>335942558
Is this thing not biting its own tongue whilst chomping you?
>>
>>335944192
Ah yes, the game is perfectly fine when enemies sometimes hit the walls, but sometimes swing through them.

>inb4 git gud
>>
>>335944192
>devs can do no wrong, you're just playing incorrectly!
Eat a bag of dicks.
>>
>>335944093

because youre retarded and dont know how to use it

flashsword combos for THREE hits and hits for 300 damage each

greatsword has a massive hitbox that hits behind you and can also be used to hit people through walls

it in combination with homing soul mass is an incredibly easy way to bait people into rolling so you can smack them with it

get good nigger
>>
>>335944093
I actually parries the flashsword in the first fight I saw someone use it. No clue why I thought it'd work, but you can apparently do it with a normal shield.

Saw someone using it in a fight club later, he didn't even break 100 damage.
>>
covenants, they might be worse than in 1 and those were rushed because of deadlines.
>>
>>335944192
Yet your own attacks will bounce off walls. Stop defending shitty game design, if the game wasn't designed that way then they should've made every level a flat area with nothing between you and the enemies.
>>
>>335943496
Can't be assed to write another wall of text

Most of my complaints are here
>>335942813
>>335942861
>>335942978
>>335943047
>>335943076
>>335943241
>>335943428

Also they clearly ran out of ideas somewhere in development and started recycling from the older games, so half the areas feel like you have already been there before
>>
>>335943443
Yeah I mean come on anon, I'm sure you can put something more pleasing together. If you can't don't quick your day job.
>>
Why do people care about poise so much

It was fucking bullshit in 1 and made the pvp awful. 3's pvp is also awful but at least it isn't 1's.
>>
>>335943934
I don't know about physical weapon attacks that go through walls, I've never had a problem with that, but the Deacon hex that goes through walls is perfectly legitimate. Their fire attacks don't, the hex does. You just need to roll it. It's an intentional decision.
>>
>>335944192
>The game is not designed around you hiding behind walls and around corners

>some boss arenas designed this way

Crystal Sage most obvious, has walls and pillars scattered all over that block his spells, it's not unreasonable to assume he could have done the same in another boss.
>>
>>335944501
Because lack of poise screws over heavy STR users
>>
Enemies with Bloodborne movesets in a game with DS mechanics and healing. No poise. Constant player invasions in Arsedragon Peak. Too many gimmick bosses. Too many mimics, many with no meaningful rewards. Too many ambushes (see Cathedral of the Deep). Game turning to shit as early as Road of Sacrifices. Too many areas that are smarter to just run through or circumvent. Weapon arts are nearly useless. Slow weapons and heavy armor are completely useless and have no reason being in the game. NPC questlines break too easily. PVP takes way too long if Estus is used. Enemy hit chains are way too long and most enemies have infinite stamina. Community is shit.
>>
>>335943924
>avoid all of the final boss's mechanics
>kill him in one minute

This is why Magicucks should keep their mouth shut.
>>
Host with Phantoms being prioritized for Invasions.
>>
>>335944576
It doesn't "screw them over" it makes them more equal to straight dex fighters.
>>
>>335944653
I don't mind that mechanic in areas where there is a lot of activity, like the Aldrich's faithful area
>>
>>335944586
Protip: keep something like Gotthard or a Black knight Glaive pocketed which can combo into the weapon art. It's the only way to punish chuggers.
>>
>>335942558
>I can't look at a chain: the post
>>
>>335944576

If only you had a bunch of moves with hyper armor to use.
>>
>>335944501

because people are babies and started exclusively with dark souls 1 (which str build was entirely possible to do with no poise) and dont understand how 2 of the like 5 possible pvp meta builds were based purely around strength and slow as fuck weapons with 0 poise

playing a str weapon in pvp isnt "i swing my r1 so i will do damage because poise" its about fucking playing as calculating as possible and poking niggas with your massive ranged attacks and baiting people into shit
>>
>>335944576

>wahh why cant i just press r1 and get 100% assured damage because with my poise i am clearly superior

backstab fishing shitters like you for days
>>
>>335944501

Poise matters here because it's much faster than the other Souls games. Poise was for shitters in Dark Souls because everything pretty much moved through molasses anyways, but it's necessary for some builds, especially when there are endgames enemies like Lothric Knights that can two-three shot you with basic long swords and not even get hit in return since you're put into an instant stun animation.

Dark Souls 2 did poise right by making it hyper armor, but the numbers needed a lot of adjusting.
>>
>>335944586
Pfft..that's it?
>>
>missing the point so hard
Mimics had a right to exist exclusively because of element of surprise. Tell me, how many mimics have you killed in DaS3 and out of those, how many have been a surprise?
>>
>>335944759
I don't think being grabbed is what OP was going for.
>>
Is anyone else annoyed how every boss has to have a second phase, especially when it's just "IDK they're on fire now"
>>
The online is fucked beyond all relief. Might go back to DaS2 tomorrow.
>>
>>335944915
I got surprised by the one in the wall, because I didn't know they could chomp you while on all 4.
>>
>>335944692

As long as Dex builds have equal or higher DPS than UGS's, then poise won't matter at all because they can take advantage of the same mechanics.
>>
>>335944937
No.
>>
The absolute worst problem is how easy it is to break lock on. More than half of my deaths on any boss were due to it rushing, jumping in the air, teleporting, or just leaning to side and breaking my lock on. Then they're offscreen, I can't see the wind ups to know when to dodge, and my shield isn't blocking in the correct direction.

A lesser problem is grab attacks. They're a little cheap because the first time an enemy does one, you usually can't tell it's going to be a grab by the wind up. After that it's fine, and it adds depth to the combat by punishing over reliance on shields.
>>
>>335944912

>what is hyperarmor
>what is not just baiting enemies into your attack range by starting your attack animation as they run into it

As someone who used the Greatsword and then the Fume greatsword for the entire game, get fucking good.
>>
>>335944937
Why is this annoying? I get it could be criticized as overly predictable after a while, as it's almost always around the halfway point in the health bar, but why is it annoying for bosses to have 2 phases? Why is variety bad
>>
way too easy
>>
>>335942558
Only the bosses are difficult. DS 1 was great because the regular areas were just as difficult. Imagine the distance and time it took to find that bonfire at the bottom of blighttown.

This game I never felt unsafe.

Too many fucking bonfire. Did there really have to be a bonfire right next to the Dragonslayer's bonfire? Fucking really?

What about Irithyl Valley bonfire next to Wolnir's bonfire?
>>
>>335944915

Anyone with half a brain has been striking every chest since Sen's Fortress. Even in Bloodborne.
>>
File: 1461620950790.png (283 KB, 472x453) Image search: [Google]
1461620950790.png
283 KB, 472x453
>>335944778
Yes, enjoy getting interrupted by a DEX weapon before you can even get hyper armor.
>>335944883
DEX users already press R1 and get assured damage because lolnopoise. Everything staggers you in this game, and if you get staggered by lighter weapons there really isn't a point in using the heavier weapons.
>>
>>335943290
Are you trolling, or just incapable of creating a good match of armor?
>>
>>335945148
It is totally predictable and in many cases like Yhorm it doesn't really add anything to the fight other than I moment for you to hit them or run away and heal while they go super saiyan
>>
>>335943924

>I haven't played sorcerer

A video of a guy fighting an NG boss while overleveled doesn't prove anything, magic sucks

>b-but look at the video he beat the boss real fast

Now show me somebody beating Lorian & Lothric with magic in one minute, or PvPing with magic
>>
I don't like cast speed being tied to DEX; it really kills the idea of getting a good STR weapon since you need to invest 20 into DEX to be optimized for casting, while still needing high investment in Attunement and your caster stat of choice.
I also miss some of the more fun spells that were in DaS2, like Lingering Flame and the good Poison/Toxic Mist. In fact, non-pyro dark casters and faith casters kinda got dicked this time around with shitty variety.
It seems that a lot of current spells are also pretty shit or aren't worth the spell slot. I don't think current big hitters need a buff, but some do need a second look at their value ingame.

That being said, in the land of No Poise, the Iron Fleshed man is king.
>>
>>335943443
Fucking losers... Not cosplaying as Victor van Doom.

I'm digusted by all of you
>>
>>335945164
There are difficult normal enemies. I had trouble with the transforming harpy fuckers if the caster got the roar out and they swarmed you, and the big goat guys in Farron Keep were also a pain to deal with.
>>
>>335945137

>alter the pacing of the gameplay so that it's more like Bloodborne
>still make it so that the game harshly punishes you for being aggressive

Yeah nah, fuck that. Dark Souls 3 becomes incredibly obnoxious whenever you don't play by its rules.
>>
my main complaint is how fucking convoluted and impossible to follow the npc quest chains are. shit is literally impossible to do without guides. want to get the morion blade or the spotted whip? haha have fun fucking missing it because you have the smallest and most seemingly inconsequential window to get them and you WILL miss them on your first playthrough. not only that but a lot of items/sets/npc events require BACKTRACKING to shit you would have absolutely 0 reason to backtrack to while you are progressing through the game

that and some covenants are just useless and broken blades/blue mostly
>>
File: 054_ps10.png (6 KB, 589x591) Image search: [Google]
054_ps10.png
6 KB, 589x591
>>335943290
>learn to fashion
>>
>>335945164
Realize that is you who got good. At this point you already know to keep yourself aware at all times.
It was new for you 1, it's obviously natural to have more toruble there and feel like it was harder. Well, i started with Demons Souls, and Blightown was nothing in comparison to Valley of Defilement, so in my perspective, in contrast to yours, it was easy as shit.
Just like there's a bunch of newcomers having their asses handled to them by 3.
>>
>>335945406
I missed the soup kitchen for Siegward and ended up lighting the Irithyll dungeon bonfire. So much shit is easy to miss in this game.
>>
>>335945291
>>335945291
I love iron flesh exactly for this reason. R1 spammers get fucked so hard when they go in, do no damage, and get a sacred flame for their trouble before they can dodge away.
>>
>>335945291
>DEX users already press R1 and get assured damage because lolnopoise.

Only if you're shit. This was a thing in Demon's Souls, too. You know what the solution was? Not getting fucking hit by a shitter who exclusively spams r1 over and over. Shit, in Demon's Souls you could literally pushlock someone to death with r1 and shove/kick.
>>
>>335944915
they still have the S-Chain that gives them away, like in ds 1
real chests have a C-Chain
>>
>>335945164
>Only the bosses are difficult.
I don't think I could possibly disagree more. The majority of DS3's enemies are an absolute pain in the dick, and fuck those guys that screech and cause a fucking swarm while you're trying to pull enemies.

>Imagine the distance and time it took to find that bonfire at the bottom of blighttown.
That's more to do with the environment working against the player rather than the enemies themselves. The niggers in Blighttown were made of paper.
>>
>>335943379
It's been like that since DAS. Anytime someone mentions this problem you get the typical git gud shit.
>>
File: tumblrlvt85fqn4u1r2c9clo1500.gif (233 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblrlvt85fqn4u1r2c9clo1500.gif
233 KB, 500x375
>>335942558
P.O.I.S.E.
O.
I.
S.
E.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h21kjagkSNw
>>
HOW DO I BEAT ABYSS ON SECOND STAGE FUCK HIS FLAMESWORD
>>
>>335945406

But to get the Morion Blade all you need to do is do what Yuria tells you to do. which you shouldn't, because then you'll miss out on half of the game's sorceries That's not convoluted.
>>
>>335945575
You don't even have to look at the chain, just poke every chest you see. No reaction = safe.

Really I think mimics should be more than chests, or have some kind of retributive system for the mimic checking. Kinda like Spy checking in Tf2, there's no repercussion for guessing wrong.
>>
>>335945307
>big hat shows off elegant neck and face
>short sleeves to show off the muscles
>cloth physics to draw attention to the crotch
Lets see you try to do better. That's perfection you're looking at.
>>
File: 1377642395587.jpg (649 KB, 2848x2136) Image search: [Google]
1377642395587.jpg
649 KB, 2848x2136
>>335943290
I'm honestly confused.

Is this a joke or does that anon actually think that combination looks good?
>>
>>335945680
learn to dodge him.
>>
>>335945328

>mfw i literally just soloed 3 red phantoms as the host of a fightclub using my pure magic build with no melee weapon to speak of

i wish i could have saved the recording but alas it was too long ago

most pvp as mage is tricking people into rolling with homing soul mass, dead angling soul greatsword and potshotting people with soul spears when the opportunity arises

go watch literally any dark souls 2 pure magic build and the tactics are the same and just as effective

next time i do some dank shit ill be sure to press that Shareâ„¢ button
>>
>>335945680
Summon someone.
>>
>>335942558
level design is worse than 2 nothing to do in ng+
>>
>>335945550
What's the point of even having it as a stat then? If it's worthless why even add it at all? I'm complaining about it being a useless stat, that's all.
>>
>>335944915

Appearance gives them away. Outside of the obvious chain, you can also tell by the breathing as they made their breathing animation more frequent/more noticeable compared to 1 and 2.
>>
>>335945686

It is, though.

>Yuria only spawns after you kill the Abyss Watchers
>the cut off point for Yuria asking about Orbeck is entering the Catacombs

Yes, so if you kill the Abyss Watchers and move down into the Catacombs which is the incredibly fucking enticing area literally RIGHT NEXT TO the bonfire, you miss out on the Morion Blade.
>>
File: 1442723118336.png (350 KB, 861x720) Image search: [Google]
1442723118336.png
350 KB, 861x720
>>335945192
>he can't tell them apart by looks alone
>>
>>335942558
I hate that the game only saves inputs when its inconvenient for you .

>Mashing R1, get my ass knocked down, and then start mashing O to roll
>Character starts swinging when he gets up, and gets hit again

And then this happens with I try to play with the saved inputs in mind.
>Slowly press R1 four times
>Character only swings 3 times, and then stands there, then I get hit
>>
>>335945902

I mean, it probably effects something in some minuscule way.
>>
>>335945849

Sorry, the people you were PvPing with were literally retarded

Magic is dogshit, ask anybody who has been PvPing for a long time and has an obsession with meta. It's just a fact. If you were actually killing people with magic, then you would have been twice as effective with a non-magic build
>>
>>335946120

this meme is the worst when pvping against parry shitters

>try to only attack twice because the shitter parrying that l2 button for days
>only attack once, attack again after a slight delay during the input buffer and get parried

alternatively what you said happens
>>
>>335944937
I thought it god old after a while.
>>
>>335946324

the pvp meta at its highest level is fucking baiting people into attacks because it is literally impossible to hit someone legitimately good at pvp with ANYTHING otherwise

this suddenly doesnt magically not apply with magic
>>
File: Untitled.png (612 KB, 1076x906) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
612 KB, 1076x906
This covers it for me.
>>
>>335945148
>variety
>they do the same shit with some more effects
its ok with dancer and pontiff but abysswatcher, yorhm and others are just plain stupid.
>>
>>335946120
The only time I've ever been able to get that to work for me is with switching grips. Works like a charm every time.
For everything else, it's horrible.
>>
>>335946650
>see black blob
>toss firebomb
>hit it until it stops writhing
>back up, rinse and repeat

whoa super hard, also firebombs are literally 50 souls from greirat
>>
File: 1314941694736.png (153 KB, 482x357) Image search: [Google]
1314941694736.png
153 KB, 482x357
I'm enjoying the game but it has a lot of problems:

>poise is turned off, and From will not turn it back on
>most boss weapons are utter trash
>sword sword domination obviating the need for anything but the dark sword
>elemental resistances and the way twin blades share physical damage means dancer swords will never be good unless From gives them hugely inflated stats and From still nerfing it
>all spellcasting being bad, and From still nerfing it
>enemies attacking through walls
>broken, broken PvP not only in terms of weapon balance but getting bumper car'd to death by an invader fucking sucks
>vague, imprecise patch notes
>boring, mostly broken covenants

Personally I also dislike the sheer number of stats there are to spread your levels around. I wish it was more like Bloodborne, with fewer stats.
>>
File: Charge_manus.jpg (136 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Charge_manus.jpg
136 KB, 1280x720
>>335942558
Positioning and distance means absolutely nothing to most enemies. Where ever, literally, where ever you are they can zoom up to you with every attack. On your part, dodging is completely reduced to the invincibility frames.

But for enemies it's different. They can jump away and keep their distance from you and move wherever they fucking please. I mean, I do love the Dark Souls 3, but it was pretty pathetic for From Software to do this shit. It feels passionless and cheap.
>>
I don't own it.
>>
>>335947061
When did he say it was hard?
>>
>>335946120
My mistimed roll is always buffered and I always end up taking a second hit rather than just being punished for the one I fucked up.
>>
It's the usual reashed mediocre clunky as fuck souls game.
>>
>Sunbros
Obviously
>Invasion covenant
Allows you to respec for niche builds. it's ok but too limited
>2 protector covenants
Why?
>2 area defense covenants
WHY?
>Grapes
I mean why not?
Where's the fun covenant? Like the gravelords or the rats. I know it's never well implemented, but i feel like they just said screw it and kept what sort of worked.
>>
>>335946650
I honestly enjoy people trying to gank me now. I get such a fucking rush when I win a 4v1.
>>
>>335947653
Maybe if they let me carry more than five Lloyds talismans.
>>
>>335942978
I really wish that VIT would have a greater impact on equip load per level than it currently does. Considering how little difference armor stats actually make, I shouldn't have to put four fucking levels into it just to be able to wear a pair of pants that are 2 pounds heavier than my previous pair.
>>
>>335947798
People asked for balance. You got it.
>>
>>335946650
Beat Star Wars in like 5 deaths. I used a greatsword and no shield. I assure you its manageable.

Everything else is spot on though.
>>
You guys weren't kidding about the dark sword. made it heavy, got it to +10 and I'm raping the fuck out of PvE. What the fuck was FROM thinking? Straight Swords have no business scaling A with anything. Literally no point on using anything else
>>
>>335944912
>everything pretty much moved through molasses
Why are you so dumb? When was the last time you played ds1?
>>
>>335947934
He's piss easy with a weapon that can stun, beat him easily with my bastard sword, but the falchion is cold shit against him. Which is why he holds a special place in my heart for being fucking shit.
>>
No Mask of the Father anywhere.
>>
>>335947061
>hit it until it stops writhing

Actually when you ignite them with a bomb they go berserk and start flailing wildly. They're harder to fight after burning them unless you kite them until they calm the fuck down and ignite them again, lather, rinse, repeat.
>>
>>335943227
hyperarmor is tied to the weapon moveset. You cannot be staggered when performing attacks with ultra weapons. Poise is disabled.
>>
right now invading, it is cool if you progress alone or with phantoms but for invador it is nightmare
>>
File: junko3.png (282 KB, 428x375) Image search: [Google]
junko3.png
282 KB, 428x375
>>335947525
>Grapes
>Not the fun covenant
>>
>>335948576
Honest question, do people actually summon barneyfags? There is absolutely no reason to ever take that risk. And if you're only invading, why not just be red?
>>
>>335948186
not him but if you replay DaS 1 after playing bloodborne it WILL feel a lot slower than it did when you first played it. and then in DaS 3 they made things even faster when it comes to enemy attacks
>>
So my friend right now invaded another player. Almost right away she was for some reason sent to Firelink Shrine with max hollowing, without armor, and for some reason she has a tail.

What the fuck just happened?
>>
>>335948282
The CHAMPS set is close enough
>>
File: 1461609998677.png (28 KB, 900x700) Image search: [Google]
1461609998677.png
28 KB, 900x700
>>335942558
Hosts staying in the back the whole fight and then dying immediately when they try to get a hit in too. These useless fucks should let their phantoms carry them so they don't waste everyone's time by dying in a dumbass way.
>>
>>335943227

"Poise" is tied to weapon equip load actually. Armor poise is meaningless.
>>
I don't like the level curve.

I'm not even at level 60, and it already takes over 20k souls to reach the next level. It was well over level 100 in DS2 before it took 20k for the next level. I ended up at level ~210 in DS2. I always had good enough equipment and decent enough stats that my character seemed strong, but not overpowered. I still died plenty of times, and the game was still challenging.

In DS3, I just feel like I'm constantly scraping by, barely able to take on the challenges I come across. I frequently have to cheese enemies or kite them away one at a time with a bow. I've put 30 points into endurance and I still can't wear half-decent armor without fatrolling. My character is shit, and with the way the level curve is going, I'll probably end up around level 90 and it'll still be shit.

I've just kind of coasted for a while, but now I'm up against the old demon king, and I feel like it's a major barrier.
>>
>>335948989
>I've put 30 points into endurance
>In DS3, I just feel like I'm constantly scraping by, barely able to take on the challenges I come across
Gee
>>
>>335942558
Poise doesn't fucking work.

PvP is still laggy as fuck.

The covenants that I like don't fucking work.

Backing off from a fight and healing is almost unpunishable.

Endurance is too hungry.
>>
>>335942558
Sentinels and Darkmoon requiring Way of the Blue.

F U C K that
>>
>>335948989
>I've put 30 points into endurance and I still can't wear half-decent armor without fatrolling.

Wut u mean vitality? About to beat the game third time and am at level 134, this is withuot grinding for souls.

Yeah Old demon king is a poorly designed boss. Just hit and run. Also kill knight hunter in old demon ruins to get black iron greatshield and infuse it with a fire gem. Gives it like 99.6% fire absorption. Allows you to kill pretty much most fire bosses in the game.
>>
>>335949291
More like Sentinels and Darkmoon being literally the same.
>>
>>335946650
>Pontiff Sulyvahn
Here's a tip: it's okay to use a fucking shield
>>
>>335948989

1. Enemies drop souls like candy later on, you'll finish the game over levelled
2. Equip load is tied to vitality, not endurance
>>
>>335942558

It's pretty much an exact remake of DaS1. As where DaS2. And Bloodborne.

On the plus side, I am making all kinds of karma from Redidt, just posting run-off-the-mill DaS3 footage. DaS3 = meme game 2016, woohoo!
>>
File: a mad dark phantom has invaded.jpg (595 KB, 1296x730) Image search: [Google]
a mad dark phantom has invaded.jpg
595 KB, 1296x730
>>335948690
>do people actually summon barneyfags?
Yup, some times it's for help, other times it's to fight.
>There is absolutely no reason to ever take that risk.
If you don't see any other signs and you want help getting through the level, it's your only choice. Some people also just don't know what they're about. I often place my sign mid way though levels. If people want some help, or want to fight, they summon me.
>And if you're only invading, why not just be red?
I don't get rewards for killing invaders as a red. As a Mound-Maker, I'm swiming in spines.
>>
File: 20160429174248_1.jpg (519 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160429174248_1.jpg
519 KB, 1920x1080
>>335943290
>learn to fashion

but i have
>>
>>335949430
Not if I want to stay below 30% and wear good looking armor.
>>
>>335949503
I'll never understand why people like Fallen Knight.
>>
>>335943047
>knock down host
>toss charm on his face
>he runs like a bitch, me poking his ass with my halberd
>he dies running
>repeat for every invasion
Uhhh? If you cant kill the host in the window it gves you, that means youre bad at rhe game.
>>
magic sux
except for the tasty times when i hit people with a chaos fire orb
but otherwise magic sux
>>
File: 1453833132345.jpg (50 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1453833132345.jpg
50 KB, 1024x768
>>335949693
>Uhhh?
>>
>>335949480
Mound maker covenant is poorly designed imo. They should've let them help kill the area boss when they're summoned but the host knows they're going to kill you 100% of the time so there's literally no point in summoning one other than to fight them.
>>
>>335942558
The Covenants being the worst of the three games.
>>
>>335949693

>Uhhh?

reddit user using red hilted halberd, what else is new
>>
DARKMOON

I AM STILL WAITING TO BE SUMMONED
>>
>>335949645
Is the difference in rolling really that significant between <30% and 30%+? The only thing that seems to make an actually game-changing difference is when you exceed 70%
>>
>>335949784
They can't pass fog wall?
>>
>>335949651
the stats on fallen knight are legitimately great and it doesn't weigh much. plus it looks alright. the only next best thing than it for physical damage res is silver knight's armor and that weighs a fucking ton
>>
>>335943380
Every time I run he just double Soul Spears me.
>>
>>335949651
Nick neck faggot
>>
>Dank Twinspears are all the way to Anal Rodeo
fuckkk
>>
>>335949884
I definitely notice it.
>>
>>335948690
Yes. A lot of people like to PvP with grapes and NG first timers often don't know how it works.

Plus, popping down a sign in the swamp guarantees a summon because no sane man wants to get summoned there.
>>
>>335949884

your running animations look less fatigued and you roll farther

no increase to iframes
>>
>>335949784
You say this yet purples get summoned instantly when they put down their sign.

The motivation or the host is that they get a shackle if they kill a purple, and they're more likely to win because they have a health bonus and twice as many estus if they're the host.

Also, if you're being attacked by a red and you can't handle it, the purple might help you out and kill the red
>>
File: 1393709213792.jpg (25 KB, 463x454) Image search: [Google]
1393709213792.jpg
25 KB, 463x454
>>335942558

The biggest problem with the game is obviously not having a Rat Covenant. I want to be King Rat again.
>>
File: in vino mors.webm (3 MB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
in vino mors.webm
3 MB, 853x480
>>335949784
>but the host knows they're going to kill you 100% of the time
I have never, not once, put down my sign with the intention of killing a host. I've always helped them through the level, shown them secrets and items, and when we come to the fog wall I either let them kill me or watch as they walk in thinking they have a helper.

The only time I've done damage to a host on purpose is when they attack me first.
Besides, it's easier to kill their phantoms.
>>
>>335947767
Wearing the hornet and king slayer ring helps a lot
>>
File: 0001.jpg (283 KB, 2000x1288) Image search: [Google]
0001.jpg
283 KB, 2000x1288
No friendly snaikfu.

Also when will great hammers not be shit?
>>
>>335950009
there's literally no difference in i-frames until you hit 70% equip load, it's in your mind
>>
>>335942558
Trophies.
I know not everyone is into trophies, as they can be seen as "arbitrary".

I just don't like the idea of completing a game multiple times for a platinum trophy used to identify that you completed the game.

Collect all rings? What if I sold that one at a lower level? I have to replay the game again?

Like I said, trophies are arbitrary, so this complaint isn't universal.

A "real" complaint is how quick all the bosses are. A majority have some kind of rage feature, which gets old. Nameless king's first phase was great (if you know how to work the camera). His second phase though is the same as all the other bosses, fast combos with second breaks.

He does have a cool move though, where he dashes off screen and charges. More of that stuff and twin prince mechanics would be great.

Overall, less slashy slashy, more intelligent and calculated combat. Sage was okay, good for a beginning game boss.

>inb4 git gud
>>
>>335950196
I literally have no idea how to counter shit like Smough's hammer.
>>
File: 20160429065824_1.jpg (620 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160429065824_1.jpg
620 KB, 1920x1080
This right here is a nice way to show EVERYTHING that went wrong in this game in terms of enemy design. These guys move fast as fuck, hit hard as fuck, for long as fuck periods of time and are accurate as fuck. they also pull lightning buffs out of their ass at a time when you don't have a good armor that has both physical and lightning resistance.

It is LITERALLY unfair to anything that isn't a dex or STR build unless you cheese them or summon help. Dex and STR builds can get by fine though, but anything else had to waste so many points on INT or FAITH or Attunement that it won't have the HP bar big enough to deal with them FAIRLY
>>
File: fcuk oyu.jpg (441 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fcuk oyu.jpg
441 KB, 1920x1080
Are we posting ash?
>>
>>335942978
This. Im at 26 vit and i still cant wield a decent sword with decent armor.

Vit was a mistake.or at least make it scale by 2-3 points each level up instead of one.
>>
>>335949905
>giving a shit about armor stats in Souls games

You retarded, kid?
>>
>>335942558
too shorttttttt
>>
I bought that ficking expensive tower key to get patches to firelink shrine but he won't lock me in. I've talked to siegward in the well. FUcking piece of shit micropenis ching chong men code better games
>>
>>335950284
Literally run past them to the left.
>>
>>335950284
Why u no run past them like everyone else?

Why you kill enemy that grow back anyway?

Why?
>>
>>335950284
>I have to deal with my choice in going magic against enemies that were made to fuck over fucking dragons

There's what nine of them in the fucking game? Get over it.
>>
>>335950284

>cast soul spear
>cast great soul arrow

wow that was hard
>>
The biggest problem with the game is there's not enough mimics.
>Door mimics
>Loot mimics
>Floor mimics
>Bonfire mimics
>Anor Londo mimics
>Cathedral mimics
>Tree mimics
>Corpse mimics
>Mimics inside of mimics
>Invisible mimics
>Animal mimics
>Symbiote mimics
>Mimics mimicking one another
>Mimic boss
>>
>>335950284
this one location is a dps check

you roll through the spear one dmg and kill him before the sword one aggroes

if you fail, you run to rotating bridge and they de-leash there and you kill them

the outrider knights ( every single one solo) and sometimes the mutated aberrations gave me much more problems
>>
>>335950120
>Hollowslayer Greatsword

ma nigga
>>
>>335950284
an Int or Faith build can 1 shot kill them with Great Chaos Fire Orb.

Great Heavy Soul Arrow also 2 shot kills them.

Faith sucks in general but it's supposed to be a supplement to melee in this game
>>
>>335943227

You're referring to weapon poise which is tied to the weapon. Normal poise is disabled in Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>335950272
I'm sad that the demon great hammer has nearly 100 less damage overall than the Dragonslayer Great Axe.
>>
>>335950401
>>335950449
You miss out on souls. I already had to hide body + spook my way through most enemies in the boreal valley, which results on >>335948989

you can't just get by on boss souls
>>
Does magic ever get really good? I've been dumping points into intelligence and my attacks are always so-so even after getting the great soul arrows. I'm a handful of strength points away from wielding the crystal sage rapier too to hopefully balance my damage for when enemies get close
>>
>>335950568
I want reddit to leave

poise is different in this game and some faggot found a hex leftover from the old engine and now all you fucking faggots are whining that

>WAH FROM PUT POISE BACK IN I'M AN ENTITLED LITTLE SHIT

git gud faggot
>>
>>335946027
Yuria actually spawns the second you get 5 sigils and reload firelink but I still agree with you.
>>
>>335950524
It is, literally, the best Greatsword, period.
Everything else is too slow, too weak, takes too much stamina.
Hollowslayer is perfect.
>>
So apparently it's possible to use Cheat Engine to softban people now. Amazing job, From.
>>
File: Best Machete.jpg (538 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Best Machete.jpg
538 KB, 1920x1080
>>335943290

Learn to fashion.
>>
>>335950120
Hang on, you get shackles for killing phantoms?
>>
>>335948989
>I've put 30 points into endurance and I still can't wear half-decent armor without fatrolling.

I swear to god you better be fucking trolling
>>
>>335950492
>firekeeper mimics
>dragon mimics
>throne mimics
>elevator mimics
>fog wall mimics
>>
>>335950294
dat gap
>>
>>335950623
Anon, I'm on near end of my third playthrouh at level 134.

What am I doing wrong that I'm getting by fine?
>>
File: Wolf_Ring2[1].png (82 KB, 191x246) Image search: [Google]
Wolf_Ring2[1].png
82 KB, 191x246
>>335950649
See this ring?

there are 3 of them in the game and if you equip them they do absolutely nothing at all.

poise is broken, deal with it fuckboi
>>
>>335950649
Not him, but Poise from armor is literally useless for 0 reason. DS1 Poise was not good, but it's better than nothing.
>Can't be a fat roller and use Scythes cause you'll just get stucklocked by a rapier
>Can use a fuckhueg sword and no armor and take multiple hits and then just obliterate retards
>>
File: 1428391218297.gif (2 MB, 282x188) Image search: [Google]
1428391218297.gif
2 MB, 282x188
>>335950623
>you miss out on souls
pull some coop or go wanting
>>
>>335946650
I beat pontiff my first try using vordts mace and no shield so... i think youre just unskilled
>>
File: 1399600499327.jpg (170 KB, 1223x751) Image search: [Google]
1399600499327.jpg
170 KB, 1223x751
>>335950492
>Symbiote mimics
Now we're talking.

I actually would like more things being a mimic. Bonfire mimics, maybe glowing item pick up mimics, crystal lizard mimics. They went crazy with Mimics in three when they could have at least made the mimics more diverse.

I want to punish myself and go faith. What's a good faith single handed weapon? Any good faith hammers?
>>
>>335950720
I keep looking for more greatswords, but as far as I've seen HSGS has a unique moveset? Other greatswords hit the ground too much
>>
>>335950623
Experience scales exponentially, which means that missed souls matter little. As long as you level eventually
>>
>>335950919
>Faith with a 1H weapon
Scythes if you don't mind being shit in PvP.
>>
>>335950747
>Kill host of embers or 1/2/3 Phantoms

do you not read the popup when you invade as a purple? You can kill the host OR the current number of phantoms he has summoned. Usually it's much, much easier to kill a few phantoms than it is to kill the host because they have less flasks and are more willing to run out and attack.

Also, if you kill another purple as a purple, you get two shackles (one for killing a purple, and as second one for completing your objective)
>>
>>335950623
>I already had to hide body + spook my way through most enemies in the boreal valley
Why the fuck would you do this?
>>
>>335950747
Yes.
When you're summoned, or invade, you're given the mission:
Kill the host or X phantoms
You have to actually kill the phantom for it to count, and I'm not 100% sure Aldrich Faithful or Watchdogs count towards it, but Blueberries and Rassberry Reds certainly do.

I often invade a place and hide until the host gets invaded by someone else, and then kill the invader.

>>335950938
The Drakeblood Greatsword shares the 2h r1 chain, but it is a one handed greatsword. It's shorter, deal less damage, and is at least two points lighter, also it's normal 1h swings cost the same stamina as the HSGS 2hr1, so you can swing it around for days if you wanted.
>>
>>335951018
Everything except straight swords and the rapiers are shit in pvp tbqhwuf
>>
>>335949878
Gundy's actually
>>
>>335951065
ran out of patience. didn't feel like dealing with the ground columns of fire ass rapery. this is my second character (after a STR character) so I wanna rush and get to the good sorcery scrolls already which are all way later.
>>
>>335944192
The game is also no designed around you healing either.

If you use estus at any point you may as well off yourself because you're a retarded casual.
>>
>>335950919
>What's a good faith single handed weapon?
Astora Straight Sword

give it raw and it can carry you to the end of the game easily

morne great hammer is the "grant" clone this time, you can get it as early as Undead Settlement
>>
>>335951065
becuse he is a shitter who cannot git gud
>>
>>335950919
With my Faith/Int build I rolled Raw ASS+6 up untill after killing Lothric. So if you don't mind something boring, anything Raw should be fine if you buff. Do Dragonpeak early as well for Lightning Blade I'd say.

I don't know about any actual decent weapon that straight up scales with Faith. Hell I really don't think there is any.
>>
File: havels_ring.png (33 KB, 201x237) Image search: [Google]
havels_ring.png
33 KB, 201x237
>>335950835
Increases maximum equip load by 15%
+1 Version: +17%
+2 version: +18%
Weight: 1.5

They aren't willing to let the player have anything they earn.
>>
>>335951219
Greatswords are pretty good at trading with heavier weapons and out trading the lighter ones.
>>
>>335950835
poise is now something that is activated by weapon skills.
>>
>>335951296
I meant like some bludgeoning weapon but I guess it's just not viable for a Faith build huh? Granted I care more about cooping with a friend than pvp.
>>
I really wish there was a covenant that let you hunt hollows, now that it's a willing choice.
>>
>>335943891

The regular Soul Arrow does more damage:FP than Crystal SS. It's even fucking stronger than HCSM. Magic is fundamentally broken in this game.
>>
File: 1396497190086.gif (938 KB, 500x339) Image search: [Google]
1396497190086.gif
938 KB, 500x339
>>335951381
I went up against a guy who had a greatsword, I had the estoc. Literally just wait for his attack animation, roll then stab. Shit he rolled away, started to heal and that was it for him, I just spammed r1 and he couldn't get out of it. He can't parry, he can't roll out of his attack, I just have a really hard time seeing the UGS as anything but pve.
>>
>Get summoned as a Dorkmoon
>Beat the invader
>Proof of a Concord Kept prompt pops up
>Return to my world
>Check inventory
>It isn't fucking there
Goddamn it I have to wait like 700 fucking years before I ever get summoned for this stupid covenant and I just want to get Darkmoon Blade already
>>
>>335942558
The lizardmen of Archdragon Peak. By far the most bullshit enemies in a souls game. There's one area near where you find Havel with three big ones and five or six small ones which is almost impossible.
>>
Are pole arms still viable in this game? I want to do a halberd/axe run but because of the whole straight/long sword meme I'm concerned with how the former stacks in terms of overall balance.
>>
>>335951474
if you just want a generic bludgeoning weapon then just make a Raw Mace and use Sunlight Blade on it, or a Heavy Mace if you plan to level up strength

it's perfectly viable, it's just not as good as Raw Astora Straight Sword. Nothing is as good as Raw ASS for PVE, though
>>
>>335951502
>The regular Soul Arrow does more damage:FP than Crystal SS
>damage:FP
Lmao how is this a bad thing? That's the price you pay for big damage.
It's also the same for all your level ups.
>hurr from 10 to 20 STR I got 50 AR and it only cost me 10k souls, but from 20 to 30 STR I only gained 40 AR and it cost me 20, broken as fuck!!
>>
>>335951689
it's important to note WHICH greatsword

many of them have really terrible movesets
>>
>>335951712
Why you no kite them one by one?
>>
>>335948989
>>335949381
>>335949464
Yeah, I meant vitality. I was thinking of another game.
>>
>>335951714
Some pole arms are strong, but you only get the really good ones lategame. The lategame polearms are GREAT though
>>
>>335950732
Hey I think I was fucking you up at the High Wall bonfire last night/early this morning.
>>
>need to go to grand archives to get crystal spells
>having way too much fun summoning phantoms and using finger in area after pontiff

how it locks you out of the archives for no reason is fucking bullshit desu
>>
>>335951818
Ok, UGS's aside from farron gs and the fume ugs.
>>
>>335951964
>beat dancer and dragonslayer armor extremely early so I can get some archive stuff
>it's hard but I manage
>door locked

FUCK
>>
>>335951689
That's cause the guy sucked, you don't make the first attack with ultra weapons. Had he waited and actually made a trade you'd be at a disadvantage
>>
>>335951981
Is the FUGS any good? Have a 10+ with 50 strength. Despite its damage output, I find it's DPS to be absolute shit in PvE
>>
>>335951714
Red Hilt and Glaive are useful early game.
>>
>>335952105
The stab is really good
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.