[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will Bob Page actually do anything in Mankind Divided or will
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6
File: YCONTAYN.jpg (64 KB, 616x726) Image search: [Google]
YCONTAYN.jpg
64 KB, 616x726
Will Bob Page actually do anything in Mankind Divided or will he be relegated to the opening and end cutscenes again? What if him and Jensen team up to take down the Illuminati?
>>
>>335942427
Desperate. Your turn.
>>
I want him too but as a prequel whatever he does is given auto immunity no matter how fucked he looks. I'd rather him give the orders to the Villian in this but that means he'd be reduced to Cutscenes.
>>
File: JC Jensen.jpg (11 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
JC Jensen.jpg
11 KB, 300x400
He'll be relegated to a background role because Mankind Divided is about Jensen fucking up the Illuminati with the Juggernaut Collective

At the end he'll say the Collective were his pawns and Majestic 12 is placed to take over the world, roll credits, stinger is that Jensen is actually JC's biological father
>>
>>335945139
But JC is a clone of Paul who is already alive. Did Jensen father an illegitimate Paul in his cop days?
>>
Wasn't Paul born in 2018jesus fuck we're almost there? What year is MD set?
>>
>>335946438
>>
>>335946506
Same year JC was born, they'll probably mention something.
>>
I bet Megan will show up and be unkillable again
>>
I hope they don't get rid of Jensen and Sarif's one on one dynamic. That's the only time in the game where Jensen is toe to toe with someone verbally.
>>
>>335948406
The way the ending seems to have gone I would assume Sarif is fucking dead.
>>
>>335948406
Unless Jensen's freaking out on hallucinogenics, I doubt he'll be doing much talking to the dead
>>
>>335948496
>implying Sarif didn't escape on the sub not two feet behind him
>>
>>335946438
>blade runner is 2019
can't wait for the flying cars and designer robo babbies
>>
>>335948496
Is it canon that he died?

I remember feeling like you can save him. I remember saving Malik, but I don't remember Sarif being canon dead.
>>
>>335948625
I doubt a piddly little maintenance sub would've gotten far, especially when Panchea collapsed and that huge hole in the ocean suddenly filled itself in

>>335948720
The Illuminati have taken over Sarif Industries in the game, something David would never have allowed if he were alive to stop it
>>
>>335948881
tbbpt that means he's definitely not around which subsequently means the dialogue between Jensen and anyone who could be on his level is probably gone too.
>>
So why exactly would Jensen decide to destroy Panchea, killing thousands of people?
>>
>>335949482
He wasn't sure how to leave so just blew it up so they'd send a rescue boat. Jensen has no qualms about wanton slaughter, haven't you seen the trailers?
>>
>>335949482
Because he didn't have a choice at all. Panchea was kept intact by the peerless computational power of the Hyron Core.

The same Hyron Core you have to kill as the final boss. The station was going down, disabling the pressure regulator was just shutting off an already overloaded system, ending everything early so no one on board could get a message out and explain what had happened. Or spin the truth, like Sarif and Taggart wanted you to do
>>
>>335942427
Mankind Divided is set during the very same year that JC Denton is born
>>
>>335950049
What significance can they really make of that though? JC doesn't do anything until he's 23. Meanwhile Robert "Why" Page is poising for an MJ12 coup.
>>
>JC Denton
>Jensen Clone
>>
>>335942427
he's been doing stuff all the way through. Most of the stuff in the background in HR was his doing.
>>
>>335945139
>>335946282
This was already fully explained in DX, their parents (both biological and 'adoptive' or whatever) were scientists working for Versalife iirc, it'd be pretty weird if MD would mess up the lore that hard.
>>
>>335950197
Jensen (The face of the old generation of augs) dies

Denton (The face of the new generation of augs) is born
>>
>>335942427
>What if him and Jensen team up to take down the Illuminati?
unlikely.
EM is clearly determined not to undo the core continuity; which includes Page only overthrowing the illuminati at a later date after everett refuses to be a 100% complete scumbag with the gray death
>>
>>335942592
QUITE SCREWING AROUND DENTON
>>
>>335950474
The question is more will he have a more hands on role in the story. Will Jensen ever even meet him?
>>
>>335950923
I don't think he will.
>>
I wonder if Tong will make another show
>>
File: pauldenton.jpg (42 KB, 363x651) Image search: [Google]
pauldenton.jpg
42 KB, 363x651
>>335950348
That would be a pointless retcon
>>
>>335951918
Also undoes the meaning behind the name, which is implied to be Jesus Christ, as in the way the character is written to be a messiah type who shapes the world
>>
>>335952158
It's more that he was meant to be a direct descendent of Jesus but I guess that was one conspiracy too far for them
>>
>>335952261
I don't buy that. He was meant to be an allusion to a jesus figure, not actually someone connected to jesus
>>
>>335950923
>Will Jensen ever even meet him?

Doubt it. He can't really function as a 'boss' type antagonist since he can't actually be killed.

Makes more sense to just have him in the background.
>>
>>335952413
>According to Harvey Smith, an idea was considered during development that the character would be a descendant of Jesus Christ, and the JC abbreviation meant Jesus Christ.

It's a conspiracy in a game packed full of them, it wouldn't be far fetched
>>
>>335950719
What if old Bobby boy helps Jensen do something that damages the Illuminurti and grows his own power without actually directly contradicting canon. There's always room to weasel crap in.

I am a little surprised they're dedicated to the original events though. They could do away with them and 99% would have no idea. They probably will do once they feel there's not enough wiggle room.
>>
>>335951918
If you paid any attention to human revolution Adam's genetic code keeps his body from rejecting the augs and his DNA is likely who Paul and JC are cloned from because they are able to be nano augmented without any problems.
>>
>>335953881
The whole point of nanoaugmentation is that it wouldn't need neuropozyne or Jensen's DNA because it's so small scale it just integrates into the body without using huge, clumsy parts that cause glial tissue build up when the body tries to heal
>>
>>335953881
Paul was born in 2018. Jensen's genetic thingamajig wasn't discovered until 2025. I guess they could potentially write in knowing about it from the experiments they did on him as a kid but it seems like a bit much.
>>
>>335951789
You need Augmented Edition DLC (TM) for his rescue mission.
>>
>>335954546
>Paul Denton was born in 2018 to an unnamed couple. When Paul was five, Majestic 12 scientists determined that his physique and genetic makeup were the most suitable for the nano-augmentation project. His immune system was excellent, yet he had no allergic reactions to non-biological foreign materials in his body.

>Adam Jensen was born on March 9, 1993. At a very young age he was one of a group of infants subjected to experimental genetic therapy treatments by White Helix Labs, a subsidiary of VersaLife.

So when Paul was born Jensen was already 25 years old. Paul could be the son of Jensen.
>>
>>335955349
good times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoFe8hRy42o
>>
>>335955503
Maybe but why? Pottery?
>>
>>335956194
>greatest of the mechaugs directly responsible for the greatest of the nanoaugs

It rhymes, anon, you can't deny it
>>
File: 1394192149067.jpg (193 KB, 920x697) Image search: [Google]
1394192149067.jpg
193 KB, 920x697
>tfw MD will culminate in the events that lead to the original DX

I can't fucking wait, we'll probably be seeing JC again by 2019 or so
>>
File: walt.png (809 KB, 1079x523) Image search: [Google]
walt.png
809 KB, 1079x523
>>335956413
You mean Simons?
>>
>>335956796
The more advanced model wouldn't have his face all scarred up by bioelectrics
>>
>>335956762
Unless they remake DX, why would we? The game starts with him being given his first real assignment and ends with him merging with Helios, it's entirely self contained

You could have a Paul spinoff, I guess
>>
>>335956762
If they ever do remake Deus Ex then I will miss the horrid voice acting that gave it its charm.
>Sheeeet, I don't know the pacifics
wait maybe it'll be alright
>>
>>335952596
Just show a Paradox message if you kill Page.
>>
>>335957540
>AADAM you can't do that, you'll create a time paradox
>>
>>335957247
Don't worry, someone would take their time and mod the original VA just like REmake.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.