[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Between the Vita and the PSP Go which is better/easier to emulate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
Between the Vita and the PSP Go which is better/easier to emulate on?

I am thinking about getting one or the other to emulate PS1, N64, etc and don't know if there is a big difference between the two.

Any other deciding factors between the two to consider?
>>
>>335937432
cpu and gpu power
>>
>>335937432
PSP.
You can't hack the Vita yet.
>>
Easier? PSP GO since you can easily CFW it.

Vita requires a specific firmware to exploit the PSP emulator in it.
>>
>>335937903
Would the Vita be worth the trouble over the PSP Go?
>>
I know my regular PSP had trouble with a few N64 games but I assume everything else would be fine on a Go.
>>
>>335938349
Go would be simpler, and it's more portable, and has 16gb of onboard storage. Just keep in mind N64 emulation is kinda shit, but SNES or older is fine. PSP's built-in PS1 emulator is pretty great, so much so that Sony recycled it for Vita.
>>
>>335938349
The vita doesn't give you anything over the psp. It emulates the psp which emulates the games.

Plus vita is really difficult to do compared to psp since you need an older firmware and an exploitable game.
>>
>>335937432
Go is much easier.
>>
I bought a PSP Go recently for this very purpose. It is a fucking wonderful investment. You can plug the fucking thing into your TV with component cables and use Bluetooth to play it with a PS3 controller.

It's awesome.
>>
>>335939357
Didn't you need a PS3 to pair the DS3 to the Go or some shit like that?
>>
>>335937432
don't use a go you'll get hand cramps and the screen is tiny

get a regular PSP. It emulates most older systems just fine and PSX games look great on the lower res screen.

Vita won't be homebrewed properly for a while
>>
>>335937432
Go. Vita is a pain in the ass for homebrew and its just doing PSP homebrew but worse
>>
>>335937636
>You can't hack the vita

Not able to play vita games but you can hack the PSP mode.
>>
PSPGo, by far.

It's not the perfect emulation machine (my GBA and SNES games were a little iffy) but it's still damn good, controls are great, the size is excellent, and, of course, you can emulate PS1 and PSP games perfectly.

A major downside is that the PSPGo is awfully overpriced. Other PSP models are cheaper but none have nearly as good of a form as the Go. Some have also argued that the controls are too small, which is a fair argument but it felt fine to me; just keep in mind that mileage may vary.
>>
If the goal is to use a TV, get a raspberry pi and load whatever popular emulation distribution is out there.
>>
>>335939357
Please please please, elaborate. This is something I wanted to do with my Go model years ago but I remember having a hard time with it. What cable did you use?
>>
The go, but for emulation you should definitely go for a regular Psp, the go is not very comfortable to use, and you're pretty much restricted to one memory card format.
>>
Just get one of those controller addons for a smart phone?
>>
File: 25349_294397_GPG-25349.jpg (60 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
25349_294397_GPG-25349.jpg
60 KB, 600x600
>>335941748
I assume they used the same as I have
>>
>>335941367
Can't claw the PSPGO
>>
>>335938349
Nope. Only go for the Vita if you're interested in its exclusives and enhanced ports.
>>
>>335937432
Once the Vita is completely hacked it'll be much better due to the vastly superior hardware but we're awhile away from that unfortunately.
>>
>>335943147

There is a very good chance the Vita's lifecycle will be over long before it gets PSP-levels of hacks.
>>
>>335943251
I'm sitting on 3.52 on my vita and 3.51 on my pstv. Should I just update my vita? I want to be able to download psn titles again and update blocker doesn't work on a FW this old
>>
>>335943251
So what? Once it happens it'll still be a better device for emulation than the PSP.
>>
>>335943472
So will the Sony Xperia Playstation android phone.
>>
>>335945359
>So will the Sony Xperia Playstation android phone.
>Sony Xperia Playstation Android phone
if you're referring to the Xperia Play that thing is a piece of shit, the Vita would run circles around it in anything graphically intensive
>>
>>335943251
>>335943472
AYYOOOOOOOOO HOL UP HOL UP

The vita can emulate in a decent way the N64?

i can barely made mario 64 run at a decent speed in the psp without sound enabled.
>>
>>335945965
No, the Vita has still not been properly hacked. The hardware is substantially better than the PSP though so whenever it finally gets hacked it should have a better chance of emulating the N64 properly.
>>
Vita homebrew right now is just a hard way to play a PSP. You should get a PSP if you want only emulation.

Beware, N64 emulation is straight up bad (which is a miracle on a goddamn PSP honestly) and SNES is iffy at best.

The PSP's best use is in PS1, which runs greatly outside of some minor games it simply won't go on it. Sony even bothered to make a port for Ape Escape for it just to make up for the lack of two analogues.
>>
now the question is do I get a PSP Go from Ebay with a bunch of games already installed for emulation or buy a new one and do it myself? Prices are nearly the same.
>>
>>335947703
If you can get one brand new, do that. Obviously it's better than a device that already has wear. CFW is dead fucking simple on the PSP these days and is doable on any FW to my knowledge.
>>
>>335947703
If you have the money, just get a new one and take care of it.

PSP3000 is much more worthwile, though.
>>
>>335947895
You mean 2000. 3000 has ghosting.
>>
>>335948043
You got it upside down. 2000 has ghosting, 3000 has scanlines.
>>
>>335948136
oh. At least the earlier 2000 models have the ability for brick recovery like the 1000s. Either way, both 2000 and 3000 are better options than the Go because of memory options and the UMD drive if you had an existing collection
>>
>>335948294
There's no way in hell you'll brick a PSP with CFW as of now, honestly.

Also, how much does the PSP take in terms of storage? I currently have a 4GB memory stick, but I've been thinking of buying a microSD adaptor.
>>
>>335948498
up to 128GB
>>
>>335948498
With one of those Photofast adapters you'd get 64 or even 128GB I believe.

And yeah, bricks are unlikely not, just call it a superstition from someone who has been involved in the PSP scene since right around launch of the 1001 in the states.
>>
>>335948712
there are a couple of ways to brick the PSP but that's only if you're retarded
>>
>>335948880
It was a lot easier to brick back in 2006-7. More so when the slim first came out and suddenly you had to use a different method of downgrading.

Now though, with as cheap as a psp is, I wouldn't be concerned at all.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.