[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Fox Zero /v/eredict?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
Star Fox Zero /v/eredict?
>>
>>335933590
>veredict
It's bretty gud, got used to the controls quickly
>>
>>335933590
fun. guard is better.
>>
not buying this shit

just give me the NX and make it a normal console without a gimmick controller
>>
>>335933590
It's ok. Not GOTY, not shit.
>>
>>335933590
utter trash
>>
>>335934363
Why? Just play ps4.
>>
>>335933590
It's great. Most people are just too inept to learn new things.
>>
Short but sweet.
>>
>>335934363
>not buying this shit
>just give me that other shit
Wew
>>
>>335933590
its good, but having only one ending is kind of ass, and the fact that the alternate routes are more like challenge missions than actual alternate story paths is disappointing when even Star Fox 64 got that element right.
>>
>>335933590

Controls are batshit but you can get used to them. Co-op fixes it.

Needed more actual on-rails levels. Chicken walker was great, Gyrowing was meh.

7-8/10
>>
A solid 7. Don't remember any music that wasn't an arrangement.
>>
it's shit

it's slow and boring, too few on-rails segments, the chickenwing and gyrowing are gay shit, the art direction is shit, the music is shit, the level design is shit, and /v/ posters are shit
>>
Cool as fuck! Controls are fine as long as you're not an idiot, but I find barrel rolls should have just been a button rather that flicking the right stick twice.

It's also super short.
>>
File: Restrictor Gates.jpg (37 KB, 400x156) Image search: [Google]
Restrictor Gates.jpg
37 KB, 400x156
>>335933590
Good game! Guard is also a solid game.

Any gamer worth their salt can learn a new control scheme. Obviously game journos lack this skill.
>>
Really fun and the controls work surprisingly well. The only thing keeping it from being perfect are:
>No multiplayer
>Gyrowing
>Short Length
>Poor button mapping
>No hard mode
Still about a 7.5/10
>>
Great but short and the gyrowing sucks.
>>
Zero is great but 64 is still top dog

>>335934317
>guard
I'm still waiting to see if I made effective levels. It's been a lot of fun making them so far.
>>
File: image.jpg (306 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306 KB, 1920x1080
Were they at least on the right track with Assault?
>>
>>335933590
I beat the main game in a few days and started moving on to the bonus missions and portals and shit.
The Star Wolf fights were fun, I don't know why their super moves weren't in the main game, makes the fight feel much cooler.
Aquarossa was frustrating as fuck, but really fun once I got the hang of it.
Fuck the asteroid belt battles.
All in all, I like it. But the whole game is pretty much "dreadful before you get it, pretty damn fun once you do."
>>
>>335934845
With 3 of the levels, sure.

Except for the sound design. They really fucked up there. All the effects sound like shit and all of the characters sound like they're talking into paper tubes.
>>
>>335933590
8/10 Pretty great
>>
>>335934890
>But the whole game is pretty much "dreadful before you get it, pretty damn fun once you do."
So, Kid Icarus Uprising syndrome?
>>335934845
Fun fact, Namco actually had a massive system crash midway through Assault's development. They lost most of the game in that.
>>
>>335933590
Had potential. Was clearly rushed.

Controls were fine but should have been optional.

Less content than 64 somehow.

Overall disappointment. Could be fixed by addeding more levels.

>post launch support for a Nintendo game.
>>
>>335933590
They did some levels really well, and other levels really poorly. As always, arwing levels are by far the best, and they did really good with all "Boss" encounters with the exception of andross.

They fucked up big time in two areas though. The alternate paths are more like bonus missions than they are alternate story paths. And there is no second ending, no brain fight. What the hell ever happened to "ONLY I HAVE THE BRAINS TO RULE LYLAT!"
>>
>>335935242
>>But the whole game is pretty much "dreadful before you get it, pretty damn fun once you do."
>So, Kid Icarus Uprising syndrome?

Exactly, though personally I don't think the controls worked out as well as they did in KI:U even when you're used to them.
>>
It's Wonderful 101 in Arwings except without the Multiplayer

7/10 still a good game
>>
>>335933590
Not worth 60 bucks

Thats for damn sure
>>
>>335934845

This game does some things better than Assault, like being able to instantly switch between the arwing and the walker, instead of being stuck on foot for large periods of time. And the controls are better in Zero despite what idiotic reviewers are saying. Assault definitely had a more fleshed out, comprehensive story overall though.
>>
>>335935267
>post launch support for a Nintendo game.
Splatoon, Mario Kart, Smash bros.
>>
>>335935267
>>post launch support for a Nintendo game.

>Splatoon
>Smash 4
>Hyrule Warriors
>NSMBU

It could happen
>>
>>335935394
>post launch support for a single player Nintendo game

Fixed it.
>>
has anyone here made any guard levels? I never see the game discussed at all. I'd play em of you give me the id
>>
>>335935242
>So Kid Icarus Uprising Syndrome?
Kinda? To be honest, I'm not overly fond of Kid Icarus, Star Fox Zero actually feels much more comfortable to me.
I do respect KI:U though, just wasn't really my cup of tea. Unlike Kid Icarus, Star Fox definitely has an issue with how much content it offers.
>>
>>335935365
>It's Wonderful 101 in Arwings except without the Multiplayer

u wot
>>
>>335935481
uhhhh anon...
>>
>No Gundam or Independence day ripoff levels
>>
>>335934845

>Right track

Only in story

Everything else was dog shit

Especially Wolf's fight, I'm still mad

Star Fox Zero's Walker is still the perfect land transition

And Star Fox Zero Had better presentation in damn near everything

The first level and Orbital Gate was the only good presentation in Assault
>>
>>335935512

I'm about to actually go put the game in for the first time
>>
addressing the fucknogs who keep saying the control system is good:

motion controls do not automatically mean suck. motion controls can work great, in splatoon they are perfect. here, they are not. I don't know what it is, in splatoon I pretty much never have to reset the motion control center, in SF0 I have to do it every minute. whatever they did, it sucks. but that still isn't what makes the control system shit.

controlling the guns separately from the ship take away part of the challenge. before this shit you actually had to balance moving and aiming, now you just do whatever. you can turn off the motion controls but because game is designed with the ability to fire in any direction you will encounter situations where you can't aim the front of the ship at the enemy.

and fucking jesus christ nintendo fucks up yet again, no co-op on the one console that would be fucking perfect for local co-op.
>>
>>335935604
>The first level and Orbital Gate

That's mainly what I'm referring to, I'd like to see the series go in the direction of what the first level in Assault had promised.
>>
I don't get how being short is a downside, Star Fox 64 is even shorter it's a 1 hour max per run.
>>
Because it's a soft reboot I can forgive Platinum for not being creative this time outside the new levels and bringing back old things

The presentation was still great

Controls are great when you get used to it since you learn to appreciate the precision when the game is built around it

Land is handled a fuck ton better and Land Master in all range was tne best shit ever

I expect better in a sequel, this game's still fun though, not wow but I'll give it a pass since they showed they can make a great star fox
>>
>>335935747
>no co-op on the one console that would be fucking perfect for local co-op.

It has co-op though
>>
Kat should join Star Fox just to annoy Falco.
>>
>>335933590
Star Fox Zero / 10
Realistically, it's probably like a 6. Definitely not what I wanted.
>>
>>335935931
64 has more levels than Zero. That's the main issue I have with the game.

Zero also has a lot of shameless repeat levels.
>>
>>335935747
>no co-op

I co-oped the entire game with a friend. Co-op was a well advertised feature.
>>
>>335934820
I'm trying to play lots of other people's levels, so they're encouraged to make more. Community is probably pretty dead.
>>
>>335936095
Its a shame, when I heard that Platinum was attached to the project I was expecting end game Wonderful 101 levels of hype. I was honestly hoping that the game would go full Gurren Lagann towards the end.
>>
>>335936095
>Land Master in all range was tne best shit ever
finally I see someone who agrees with me.
>>
>>335936294

I did too, and it's fucking dumb that you have to back out of each level in order to play it co-op

Wiimote+nunchuck fixes some of the controls though
>>
At first I didn't like it that much, but after playing for many hours I started to enjoy it more and more. The controls are actually quite good once you get used to them. They're difficult to master but once you do, being able to aim with gyroscope, seeing behind you, etc. really does make the gameplay deeper. Really, the only complaint I have is the gyrowing and superfluous shit like beating Zoness in 2 seconds. If the level wasn't hard to begin with, then don't artificially increase its difficult through time limits. Just make a difficult level to begin with.
>>
>>335936332

Same
>>
>>335934363
Nigga, why're you even in this thread?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHCAyfU0rfQ
What are your favourite themes /v/?
>>
>>335936332
Sector Omega was pretty fucking hype.
>>
File: 8a4aebbff.png (303 KB, 1024x1140) Image search: [Google]
8a4aebbff.png
303 KB, 1024x1140
>equip Black Arwing
>wreck shit left and right

Entire Lylat System got BLACKED
>>
>>335936517
Seems fairly obvious it is to cause problems.
>>
>>335936695

Does the fact that it's more vulnerable make the game more difficult overall? Is this black arwing worth all the shit I'm going through to get the medals?
>>
>>335936695
that ain't falco
>>
>>335936636
All 70 seconds of it.
>>
it's the same as every other starfox game

the parts of it that stick to the formula of 70% fast-paced on-rails, 30% all-range dogfights are GOAT

every time they deviate from that it turns to complete shit

unlike assault there's more than 3 missions that do it right, at least, but the "normal" run without any alternate paths is at least half terrible gimmicks, if not more
>>
>>335936906
Amiibo.
>>
>>335936906
By the time you unlock the Black Arwing, you will be skilled enough and have memorized the levels enough to the point where the additional damage means absolutely jack shit. The only time I died using it was to the homing missiles the Granby fires (the big red ship that fires lasers through its own shield) since they OHKO you.

Other than that, Black Arwing just makes the game easier. I used it and smashed through all the Hit par medals on my first try. Thanks, amiibo.
>>
>>335936138
>>335936294
you fuckers know what I meant when I said co-op

what they put in is two people playing half a game
>>
>>335937070
Assault is objectively the best Star Fox.
>>
>>335935869

I'm pretty sure Platinum can match that in a sequel for NX where they have creative freedom, they already have the action and presentation down in Zero.

It worked for Retro and Tropical Freeze after Returns was the safe entry
>>
>>335937171

It makes the game hella better though

And no, I just assumed you meant multiplayer
>>
>>335937179
Assault's multiplayer was amazing.

The singleplayer was a mixed bag.
>>
>>335937104
You can unlock it.

Not sure about the SNES Arwing, though.

>>335937171
No, I legitimately thought you meant there was no co-op. I really enjoyed the co-op mode this game had. I don't see how Star Fox would work with 2 people.
>>
>>335937213
There will never be another Star Fox.

I'm sure this shit pulled Other M numbers.
>>
>>335937179

Lol fuck no

The gameplay is garbage even arwing sections
>>
>>335937282
I'll be more specific. The flying was perfect. Ground stuff was pretty mixed but if they ever made a game like it, they could obviously polish that aspect.
>>
>>335936557

The one you posted and these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRAXCiwEySA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=906CwwmoQ6o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3knMr8o3iBk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxP08HylenY
>>
File: 3e3.jpg (97 KB, 600x634) Image search: [Google]
3e3.jpg
97 KB, 600x634
>can't choose to play through Arcade Mode with Black Arwing or Retro Arwing
>can't choose to play Arcade Mode with co-op
>>
>>335937317
Other M was a million seller.
>>
>>335936557
Titania was my favorite level too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAzkRIy7smM
>>
>>335937367
You're an idiot. I'm sorry for that.
>>
5/10. Not good. Just made me want to replay 64. Which I did and had more fun.
>>
>>335937425
That's really, really low for modern games. It hit the bargain bin fast.
>>
>>335937271
>>335937315
rethinking it, maybe nintendo meant for the game to be played with two people and single-player was secondary. it does sound as like it would fix some of the issues I had with this game. I'll have to give it a try with a bro.
>>
>>335937104

Fuck no. I refuse to pay for hard mode.

>>335937315

You unlock both once you collect all 70 medals.

>>335937135

That's a shame. I was hoping for the game to be more challenging. Oh well, maybe I'll do a no rings playthrough and see if that can cause me to die. Admittedly going for scores does cause death, because I do less barrel rolls and pay more attention to racking up points, rather than survival.
>>
>>335937480
Unfortunately this. Maybe not 5/10 bad but I don't understand what Nintendo was trying to do.
>>
>>335937551

Protip: Wiimote/Nunchuck handles better for the pilot than a pro controller does because barrel roll on a Dpad is way better than a barrel roll on a stick
>>
They almost just made a fucking Starfox game like we all wanted

Why didn't they just make a fucking Starfox game
>>
>>335933590
7/10
Good but needs more stages. Please add dlc.
>>
>>335937661
Then you can fuk off.
>>
>>335937179
thanks for the laff m8
>>
>>335937816
Too bad. Go shoot asteroids and drones some more.

Or fight Star Wolf for the 5th time.
>>
It's alright. It's not 'full price' good, but good luck getting a price drop. That's Nintendo, for you.

It'd be a solid 7/10 if 7/10 didn't mean "utter, utter, irredeemable shit" like it does now.
>>
>>335937473
>says Assault is "objectively the best starfox"
>proceeds to call someone else an idiot

It's fine if Assault is your favorite because it's got Krystal or whatever but fuck right off with this objective bullshit
>>
Pretty good. The only struggle I had with controls was the Landmaster because I didn't take the tutorial.
>>
>>335936557
This shit's W101 as fuck, and I adore it.
Shame it's kinda hard to hear the music over the voices and sound effects though.
It's like Xenoblade X all over again, except in reverse, which is weird, it seems like it should be pretty simple to allow more sound options.
>>
>>335933590
It's okay, but I wish they took their time on it to make it a success and revitalize the franchise instead of the bare minimum so the wiiu could have one last feather in its cap. Also not giving people simple to implement options like how the voices come out is unforgivable.
>>
>>335937816
you can tell that shit like the wolfen fights and arwing version of area 3 were added at the last minute to tip the balance away from gimmicks

all the gyrocopter levels and most of the walker-heavy levels are all on the first playthrough path, which feels a lot like platinum getting them out of the way so that it can satisfy miyamoto and get back to the real game
>>
>>335933590

7/10

Great controls

Dog fight levels are actually fun now

Not enough rail levels

Not enough levels, period
>>
File: 640.jpg (44 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
640.jpg
44 KB, 640x360
verdict?
>>
>>335938293

You guys should just turn around and leave because you do not want to piss off my uncle.
>>
>>335938201
I thought Platinum was only involved with coding and asset creation. People keep saying they were involved with design but I'm not sure.

Not trying to be a dick I'm just curious as to what their role really was. Would love another Starfox fully developed by Platinum and directed by Kamiya.
>>
Does anyone know if scanning a fox or falco amiibo unlock the other arwings forever or if I want to use them I have to scan the amiibo every single time?
>>
>>335936095
>>335936332
>>335936473

Platinum's role was only that of assets creation. Level design, gameplay and so on was in the hands of Nintendo.
>>
>>335938531

I remember hearing that a lot but never seeing a source. Going by the credits, it's looking a lot like key members of Miyamotos team were co-directing it from the get go.
>>
Why the fuck is the label on my Project Guard yellowed compared to all the other spines on my Wii U shelf

Is everyone's copy like this?
>>
>>335938939

Oh fuck you for making me notice this
>>
File: Link is appalled.webm (605 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Link is appalled.webm
605 KB, 854x480
If I wanted to sell my Wind Waker Wii U, would it be the best to go through ebay?
Not selling it because of of Star Fox.
I just don't have time to play anymore.
>>
>>335936557
Something about the upbeat-ness of this song kept it in my head for a while.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z54gX7wu1nE
Shame it plays before introducing the lamest vehicle though.
Overall, this whole soundtrack was pretty great though. Has the best version of Wolf's theme in my opinion.
>>
>>335937317

A lot of games got sequels nobody asked for anon

Sales don't mean shit if they planned it in advance

Otherwise Color Splash wouldn't exist
>>
>>335939337

>I don't have time

Nigga you have until March 2017
>>
>>335939286

How can you not notice it? It's a streak of piss on a field of white.
>>
>>335939559

I threw it on the shelve and didn't give it a look

It's going in the steel case.
>>
>>335939523
why, what's coming then.
>>
>>335939436

Didn't Sticker Star sell multiple millions? It's hard for Mario games to underperform.
>>
>>335939408

Of course

You can't really mess up Wolfs theme

Still fast paced sounding with the bonus of a chorus, fucking great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsfc-ZRP9AU
>>
Loving it. The controls are not a problem at all. They're actually kinda cool. Takes a few to get used to them, but once you do, it's solid and actually a lot of fun.

Buy it.
>>
>>335933590
The controls are great, it's really fun. It's just too short.
>>
File: Star Fox (1).png (454 KB, 1000x256) Image search: [Google]
Star Fox (1).png
454 KB, 1000x256
>>335933590

>fighting Andross with lvl 1 lasers

Its the final Star Wolf fight all over again....
>>
>>335937719

yeah but boosting/breaking/hard-turning is way better on the right stick though. I can deal with the barrel roll being not as easy to do since I don't use it as much as I use the other maneuvering techniques.

what I do to make the barrel roll easier to pull of is do a full left-to-right or right-to-left movement of the stick. this works a lot better than trying to flick right twice or left twice.
>>
Getting past the controls, it's... acceptable.
Level design just doesn't feel quite as good as that of comparable 64 levels, but it's still pretty good.

The biggest issue is that there's basically like 1 or 2 full alt levels, and the rest are just time attack boss fights or similar.
>>
This is my first SF game pls don't bully

What the fuck does a barrel roll do
>>
>>335940206
I deflects small projectiles and will save your ass in dogefights.
>>
>>335940206
Reflects laser fire.
>>
>>335940206
Deflect lasers coming at you.
>>
>>335940368
>>335940359
>>335940331
Thank you uncle /v/
>>
>>335934845
Man, the Arwings looked like shit in Assault.
>>
>>335939630

When was the last time you delivered ecchi?
>>
>>335940432
>Man, everything looked like shit in Assault.
ftfymnydehttmb
>>
>we are Star fox, 0/10
>>
>>335940206
It does jack shit and I 100%'d the game easy without ever using it.
>>
>>335940526

I'm retired.

Besides, derailing is against the rules. Don't you want a better /v/?
>>
I know it's not a fair comparison, but I haven't been this disappointed in a Nintendo published game since Other M.

Zero channels the worst aspects of Assault and Command (walker and excessive use of all-range mode) and shoehorns them into a watered-down version of Star Fox 64.

TLDR: It's been nearly 20 years and Nintendo still can't make a better Star Fox game than the happy mistake that was Star Fox 64.
>>
>>335940641

That doesn't seem very reliable. I'll have to ask you to hand in your trip.
>>
I enjoyed it a lot, but it makes me want to see a sequel where Platinum gets to go nuts with a new story more than anything.
>>
File: HD 3D Land.jpg (243 KB, 1600x960) Image search: [Google]
HD 3D Land.jpg
243 KB, 1600x960
>>335939658

Sticker Star is the 2nd best seller in the series but the Iwata Asks in retrospective makes it obvious they were developing both games simultaneously before they even knew how well Sticker Star would do.

They probably started developing them at the same time Just like 3D Land and 3DWorld and using feedback from the 3DS entry to adjust the WiiU entry.
>>
File: 1461892806166.png (685 KB, 602x885) Image search: [Google]
1461892806166.png
685 KB, 602x885
>>335933590
Fun, intuitive controls, but light on content and secrets.

it's good, but could have been so much better
>>
>>335939642

The end of the world, better start playing, we'll all be dead soon.
>>
>>335934663

Basically this. Anyone that says "OH MY GOD! CONTROLS MAKE IT UNPLAYABLE!" is just a trash gamer. I didn't even have to get used to the controls, they just clicked.

Now, does that mean people have to LIKE the controls? No, not at all. You could be good with the controls and still dislike them. But anyone that is BAD with the controls should just give up on gaming, because they aren't even hard.
>>
File: star-fox-snes-arwing.jpg (35 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
star-fox-snes-arwing.jpg
35 KB, 620x412
>>335940432

It looks like how Arwings are supposed to look like, only up to date. I loved Star Fox 64, but the wings on the Arwings in that game looked crooked.
>>
>>335933590

A fantastic designed in the way it expands on the gameplay of the previous Star Fox games. I think it's a truly innovative game for evolving the core gameplay in a way it does in a way that makes the action more intense. A bold game with no compromise made on their vision of the game.

A lot of modern games get praise for essentially carbon copying basic gameplay of the predecessors or other popular games and then piling on a load of side mechanics that are in vogue.

I think worse developers would just keep the Staf Fox 64 gameplay and control exactly the same and instead make a giant space hub world that you fly between planets in, add an EXP, level and perk system, upgradeable R-Wings and then make a load of filler levels and grinding to bulk the main campaign out to 20 hours long. It'd probably review better this way even if they did nothing to the core gameplay.
>>
>>335938293
Shockingly good. I thought it was going to be awful furry-shit based on what I saw in thumbnails, and I was pleasantly surprised. Voice acting was really good, and the animation style was very appealing.

I'm genuinely excited for the next episode provided they don't get slapped with a CnD from Nintendo
>>
>>335935347

Most of the weapons in Kid Icarus Uprising have inherent homing so even if you're not good you can still hit things(plus there's the easier settings) so it's much more forgiving even if you don't have the controls down.

The Lasers in Star Fox zero only shoot in a straight line and you need to hit bosses with them so if you're playing badly there's nothing to compensate for it, Star Fox Zero is more demanding of the player.
>>
>>335943352
>I think worse developers would just keep the Staf Fox 64 gameplay and control exactly the same and instead make a giant space hub world that you fly between planets in, add an EXP, level and perk system, upgradeable R-Wings and then make a load of filler levels and grinding to bulk the main campaign out to 20 hours long.

Yeah, that's essentially what a lot of people want, which is fucking stupid. Yet they also complain about Assault for making changes. This would arguably be even more offensive yet that's what they clamor for.

In other words, they don't know what they want. Questionable as some of Shiggy's decisions are, I can kind of see why he just designs the stuff he wants, rather than pandering to a particular demand.
>>
>>335943680

When exactly is the next episode supposed to be released? Please don't tell me it will take another 8 years.
>>
>>335943850
>there's nothing to compensate for it
Charged shots and homing bombs.
>>
>>335943680
>provided they don't get slapped with a CnD from Nintendo
They already did. The guy just changed the name of the show and called it a day.
>>
>>335942895

I was bad at first, but like what some reviewers said, after a certain point you have this awakening and then boom, you're fucking shooting niggas out of the sky left and right.

What most people don't remember is that Star Fox 64 had that adjustment as well. Banking left with Z, inverted flight, it all took getting used to. We just don't remember because we aren't kids anymore in 1997 playing Star Fox 64 for the first time. Shit when I came back to it I completely forgot, and it took some getting used to again.
>>
Just tried Star Fox 64 on 3DS. Actually liked the gyro controls after one mission. Is Zero somehow a worse version of those controls?
>>
>>335933590
The seamless combination of traditional controls and motion controls make the game great and the levels are made with looking for a high score in mind. The gyrowing had potential but only has two sparse, slow paced tutorial levels which is a shame. One of the freshest rail shooters released in a long time. I hope that there's dlc or a sequel if Nintendo continues with the gyro controller with their next console.
>>
>>335945245
The gryo controls steer your entire ship, don't they?

They only aim your laser in Zero.
>>
File: 5cda1c3aed05.gif (980 KB, 960x516) Image search: [Google]
5cda1c3aed05.gif
980 KB, 960x516
>Black Awring makes the game easy, but makes it feel fun totally wrecking shit and being able to take down Star Wolf in mere seconds if your aim is good enough

>Retro Arwing just makes you feel gimped and the game unfun
>>
>>335933590
git gud at the controls = solid game that's sadly a bit short
>>
I wish I liked this game more than I do. I just hate the controls, even having gotten used to them. I just want to look at one screen damn it.

I don't regret buying it though. I like to support Star Fox and this did a lot of things well.
>>
>>335946283
>I just want to look at one screen damn it.

I rarely ever looked at the other screen. I only did it when absolutely required during the small tunnel segments with Walker/Gyro.
>>
>>335933590
>unpopular opinion
Zoness is actually the best level I played so far. Gyrowing is awesome. Halfway through the ending now.
>>
>>335936695
I'd like to get pillar'd by that bird
>>
>>335946418
>Zoness is actually the best level
This but only when you play with the Arwing.
>>
>>335945245
SF64 is a perfect game in every regard.

After playing Zero I wish the lower screen was the cockpit view and the gyro was used for the reticle. It would make it 11/10.
>>
>>335946103
On 3DS it steers and aims the guns on your ship, and you can use the stick to steer/aim faster. I can see how dividing the controls might fuck up the ease of controls, but at the same time it sounds like something I wanted out of the gyro controls to give me precise aiming, without accidentally running into every fucking rock in the process.
>>
>>335933590
Fun, not as good as 64 or 1 on virtue of only having one ending and not as many alternate routes, but a lot better than Assault. Controls just clicked for me, no problems with it but I think the option should've been there for people who didn't want to put up with it.

Gyrowing was hot garbage though.
>>
>>335945245
3ds star fox gyro is actually just a gimmick that doesn't improve the game. If you're enjoying it more its likely just because the levels are better.
>>
>>335947079
I tried the game on N64 mode twice, gyro off and then on. Shooting was way more precise, but they somehow fucked up the Landmaster stage. It's almost unusable because any slight movement will snap the reticle way off course, and you're on a bumpy road half the time. Only point in the game where I had to turn it off.
>>
>>335942895

>using the word "gamer" unironically
>>
>>335946708
>SF64 is a perfect game in every regard.
Blue marine
>>
>>335948124
Not them, but I don't see how it's any different to goths/emos/punks/yids/canaries/cottagers etc.

Honestly I don't know which group is more unstable, the group that goes way overboard with gamer as the full kit wanker equivalent, or the people who REEEEE upon hearing that word
>>
>>335948546
What's wrong with it exactly
>>
Good game, arguably great, but with its fair share of problems so your mileage may vary.

New controls are NOT an issue, and are in fact amazing with the core arwing rail shooting sections, but the two screen stuff can be distracting and awkward outside of those, especially in all range mode.

One of the biggest issues the game has for me is that it suffers from spending too much time on different gameplay styles. The rail shooting is amazing, arguably the best in the series, but so much of the game is spent in other vehicles that it feels like it doesn't take advantage of its best parts. I really don't care to spend a mission and a god damn half in the gyrowing when the game manages to have less stages than 64 did anyway.

Discounting these issues it's well made if a bit short, and well worth a play. Bosses are amazing, core mechanics are strong etc. Definitely worth buying for anyone if it drops in prices.

It's probably the best thing Star Fox has seen since 64, which isn't really saying much, but it's something.
>>
I think this game may be the most fun doing co op. Me and my friends have been having an absolute blast with it. Heavily reminds me of this scene from star wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y2FtbqJ-6E
>>
>>335950515
This whole game reminds me of Star Wars what with the rotating turrets and shit.
It's pretty fun when it gets intense.
>>
>>335943968
Probably 8 months give or take
>>
>>335946708
>After playing Zero I wish the lower screen was the cockpit view and the gyro was used for the reticle. It would make it 11/10.

I don't understand how this is different than he way it already is
>>
File: legoarwing.jpg (134 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
legoarwing.jpg
134 KB, 1280x960
I don't have the game but this guy getting 513 hits on corneria is pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cvk1fQDJPe0
>>
It's ok/10. Maybe it will win me over after I've done a couple of arcade runs.

Assault was pretty good, by the way. People just didn't know about control scheme C that made it play like a modern third-person shooter, because people are idiots that can't bother to press start and look at their options before opening their mouth and complaining.
>>
>>335954776
>you can juggle downed airships for loadsapoints.
I finished the game and didn't know this.
>>
8/10 game, the problem isnt the controls, the problem is it is almost as a rail shooter with 3d platformer levels, the walker levels remind me of n64 games like Glover or Rocket Robot on wheels.

It is the most N64 game ever.
>>
File: Tank Spank.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Tank Spank.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>335935365
Nigga Wonderful 101 is my favorite game of all time, why would you say this?
>>335935546
TW101 does have multiplayer, but his statement still doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>335940767
shooting at stuff you cant see in the screen feels pretty great, like you control an airship with a turret.
>>
Good, it just needed more. Just like most wii u games. And we need krystal back.
>>
>>335956739
Krystal is literally the Yoko Ono of Star Fox.
>>
>>335933590
3/10

Too short. Less content than older titles. It's a full priced game with not enough content, it's too easy and too short.
>>
>>335956739
>we need krystal back
we really don't
>>
It's a zero in my book
>>
>>335933590
The controls do take time to get used to. They work well enough during rail-shooter segments, but they make all-range mode too hectic because you have to constantly look at both screens. I would have preferred traditional controls in the end.

Too many all-range mode segments. Would it have killed them to have one boss that wasn't in all-range mode?

New music was forgettable, but the arrangements of old themes were good.

Too many elements are recycled later in the game. Aquarosa is just Androsa but with that annoying EMP shield, and Salvadora was just a non-round Androsa. Both of the Asteroid Belt stages were identical except for the boss fight.

Not the worst Star Fox game, but not a great one either. I would love to see a sequel that irons out the wrinkles.
>>
>>335957723
Oh, I forgot a couple things. Gyrowing turned too slowly and was not fun at all to play. And why couldn't we change the audio so that voices came out of the TV? It's baffling
>>
The problem with the motion controls in the concept that the fighter craft can now fire in any direction the pilot wants. It looks really stupid and I don't get how the Arwing does it.

Also, the walker and gyrowing look silly, they could have replaced both with a simple ability for the Arwing to hover.
>>
>>335956804
>>335956958
She doesn't ruin anything, zero is proof of that, leave your autism outside the thread, having characters return isn't a bad thing.
>>
so i've unlocked and beaten all the side levels and beat the game again. is andross just a fuckin' robot again? is there a "True" ending?
>>
>>335961181
>having characters return isn't a bad thing
You're right.

Panther should come back.
>>
I'm a massive Star Fox fan, but didn't get Zero due to my own distaste for the control scheme. Is it worth it?
>>
File: 1447535399985[1].webm (2 MB, 889x500) Image search: [Google]
1447535399985[1].webm
2 MB, 889x500
>>335954776
>leads the guided missile to destroy the lasers

This fucking game
>>
>>335961687
That's fine. Just hope that the developers cut down the drama this time with panther. It's not the characters fault.
>>
>>335933590
I said it in a thread yesterday, but if Star Fox 64 has a metascore of 88 and Assault has a 67 then I'd give Zero an 80/100.
>>
>>335934845
>Were they at least on the right track with Assault?
fuck no, the single player was fucking trash and rushed as hell.

>>335937179
>objectively
also came here to laugh at you
>>
>>335961181
>having characters return is always a good thing
you really think that?
>>
>>335938939
I noticed it too, I think everyone's is like that.
>>
>>335937317
You mean decently? People bought Other M and it got generally good reviews. A nasty case of brand loyalty.

The reason we haven't got a new Metroid lately is because Sakamoto and Retro have little interest in doing so.
>>
>>335943352
>R-Wings
>>
>>335962307
He sounded like a pretty cool guy in Metroid Fusion.

Too bad Other M screwed it all up.
>>
>>335962307
>Literally changing what i said to fit your strawman

Did i say always? sometimes that would ruin the plot of some games or whatever.

Krystal didn't change a thing, the writers did. I am in favor of bringing miyu, fay, and panther back too.
>>
>>335962858
I am in favor of Fay, Miyu and Panther.

Krystal can go and stay go.
>>
>>335943352
>R-Wings
This ain't Star Wars.
>>
File: BestBuy.jpg (935 KB, 1300x970) Image search: [Google]
BestBuy.jpg
935 KB, 1300x970
>>335934673
>No hard mode
Well that pretty much disqualifies the rest of your post since it's clear now you don't know what you're talking about.

>how dare you support physical DLC!
If you actually liked starfox you'd have both Fox and Falco before this game even came out. I guarantee most people who bothered to buy this game did; more people probably bought those amiibo then the game. More people have amiibo then wiiUs at this point.
Flaco is also a lot easier to get than Fox.
>>
>>335963342
You don't even need the amiibo to get the Classic and Black Arwing.
>>
>>335950102
The Gyrowing is a tutorial vehicle to learn the controls, that's why it stops completely and its missions can be played with the Arwing.
>>
>>335933590
I'll just buy it for NX
>>
>>335963145
Don't be autistic anon, there is literally nothing wrong with her, she is not that different from fay, miyu, or katt.

Are you that paranoid that they'll go back to romance? they could easily make a friendly rival merc, and have them compete with star fox for bounties. As star wolf works for andross. they can be the netural group. I for one don't want the 64 story over and over and over again.

More objectives need to be had, more missions, and characters and plot can give you those. Starfox can't be that simplistic.
>>
6/10

Not much content and too much all-range mode
>>
>>335962774
>He sounded like a pretty cool guy in Metroid Fusion.
it's not even Adam at all. the AI just holds the name after him.
>>
File: 1408771630785.jpg (195 KB, 459x694) Image search: [Google]
1408771630785.jpg
195 KB, 459x694
>no Roadmaster missions
>that training mission where the goal is to GO FAST

I'm actually hoping for DLC at this point
>>
>>335933590
>Star Fox Zero /v/eredict?
I likely would've picked it up if I could actually try it out. i.e. If they had put a demo in those Nintendo boxes everywhere, rather than just a video. A game like this, and the controls are going to matter a lot.

But no, they have a demo of Mario Tennis instead.
>>
>>335934845
More or less, a lot needed to be polished but I think vehicle switching on the fly or at least being able to choose a vehicle for a mission was pretty good. So was all range mode for the Landmaster

The issue with those levels is they were always "Destroy X things", but thats not even an issue Assault had exclusively, every all-range level in every star fox game, including Zero is like that. Rail portions or fine because thats what Stat Fox is, but Nintendo really needs to find a way to make all-range mode more enticing. I never noticed it too much with 64 but Zero actually putting a score at the top of the screen for so many enemies shot down out of the goal required made it apparent how overused and dull the concept gets
>>
>>335963932
no autism here, I just don't like her enough to want her back.
>>
>>335933590
Not worth the price
low replayability
controls I find to be fine and actually let me have a lot of freedom with shooting/moving. don't know why people hate it
sf guard is alright, seems kind of rushed
>>
>>335964928

Anon, there's no point. I hate Panther as much as some others do, but I wouldnt go that far. Now i'df like him to not just be "hey grrrls wanna fug?"
>>
>>335964928
Well its too bad alot of other people do, and its enough to bring her back. Hopefully there are no shitpost wars in the sequel, you guys already hounded them enough in the brawl days.

yes, i feel sorry for krystal people.
>>
is guard worth $15 bucks?
>>
File: groovy dude.jpg (61 KB, 450x339) Image search: [Google]
groovy dude.jpg
61 KB, 450x339
>>335965297
ye
>>
>>335962858
>>Literally changing what i said to fit your strawman
i was gonna leave it but i rather show how "isn't" isn't going to prove it's automatically okay or always.

Krystal is just going to be bring back (as a bridge to) all the mistakes from the previous reboot, while i see SFZ as a worthy 7.6 god forbid i want Zero to have any or any more shitty elements from the GCN games and Cuckbert's dream game. (drama, linear single player, mostly all-range, footfox shit, etc.)

>>335962578
Sakamoto temporarily retired from this classics to work on newer things for sake of entertainment (Miitomo, TD, RH?, etc.)
Retro, however are done with Metroid and DK for the time being and are working on their new project.
>>
>>335965223
You need a tissue, faggot?
>>
>>335965460
yes please
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 1000x500
Controls take a while to learn

But the experience is fantastic when you do

They made a game that explains what a Star Fox game is supposed to be and where the focus should be

I really like the missions where your just supposed to explore

And land master in all range mode deserves a Nobel prize

The medals are really well Hidden that they demand you pay attention

Some are too demanding though

Specifically the one where they want you to destroy ALL the satellites that pass you when your in hyper speed, that shit took me too long.

It was really enjoyable, it does a better service and respects what the series is and did with 64

Star Fox Guard was also surprisingly enjoyable
>>
File: 1445359795952.jpg (202 KB, 495x700) Image search: [Google]
1445359795952.jpg
202 KB, 495x700
I just looked up footage,
what the fuck? This looks fun as hell? How do critics hate this?

Also, is Fox voiced by the same guy who does Sonic?
>>
>>335965460
Why, i'm not crying. Sorry that I dont rage and see the point of both sides? the krystalfags have a point.

Oh wait this is /v/ uh

Y I F F I N H E LL
I
F
F
I
N
H
E
L
L
>>
I wish this was a 3DS game, I don't have a Wii U and don't want one.
>>
>>335965876

Controls are too hard because Gyro aiming

But you appreciate it more when you get gud especially since the game is built around precision aiming
>>
>>335965957

It's okay anon

Just play Star Fox 64 3D
>>
I just found out that you could switch tne TV view into the gamepad view

I found that better than looking down at your Gamepad but you still have to switch between the two
>>
File: 7350694857.png (132 KB, 600x535) Image search: [Google]
7350694857.png
132 KB, 600x535
>fly across the entire fucking solar system to reach Venom
>LOL jk come back we had a teleporter here the whole time
>>
>>335966085
I've actually never played a Star Fox game, so I guess I should do that.
>>
>>335966214
Pepper isn't known for his brilliant stratagem.
>>
File: index.jpg (12 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
12 KB, 300x168
>>335934363
I'm sorry anon.
>>
>>335966756
That video was so fucking sick
>>
>>335966214

Pepper really wanted to hide the involvement with Andross's teleporter

To the point where he tells you to leave Peppy

I honestly found it pretty Nice how mysterious he was from tne beginning
>>
>Everything about Fortuna

>Those texture

>Kat

>The fucking dragon from SNES

My dick
>>
File: 1343333428490.png (80 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1343333428490.png
80 KB, 300x300
>>335967568
>Kat won't shut up about wanting to massage your dick with the back of her throat
>>
>>335968082
Why is she so fucking thirsty anyway?

Like damn, I just wanna shoot at monkeys in space and the pussy is all sorts of going at it.
>>
it's a solid game, it just really needed more content and alternate paths. And some way to remap your controls. I took a far longer time getting used to the right stick for barrel rolls than I did for the gyro aiming.

Controls work surprisingly well after you get past the initial learning curve and allow you to do all sorts of crazy shit that would have you running into walls in the previous games.

Gyrocopter mission fucks up the game's pacing and I honestly don't know how you would fix that, but I do kind of like it as a separate mission.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'm a huge fan of all-range mode over on-rails and am partial to anything that brings the series closer to a factor 5 game in style. On-rail missions have tighter pacing and rely more on your memorization and reflex, which is great, but they tend to force you into repetition or into braking every 20 seconds to get the most out of them.

Game is short and sweet and might be seen as too big an investment at 50 dollars. Nintendo failing to put Platinum's logo on the front of the box (and everywhere else) was a huge mistake marketing-wise, I think.

Recently played through the game in co-op mode and had the time of my life. Would gladly sacrifice battle mode if we could always have pilot/gunner co-op.
>>
>>335968263

Was thinking the same thing while playing. Don't care if she wants the dick, I don't have time for this shit, I'm shooting niggas out of the sky here.
>>
>>335965914
All I said was a simple "I don't really like her and I don't want her back" I wasn't talking about romance or Krystalfags at all so calm your fucking tits.

We really don't NEED her, sure you may want her but need would imply that she's a necessity when she isn't.

Neither are Panther/Miyu/Fay/whoever else was in Star Fox after 64.
>>
>>335934363
>Nintendo making a console without a gimmick
>>
If they were to make a sequel what do you want to see?

More importantly What animal species should be the villains
>>
>>335968660
Man
>>
>>335968442
>>335968263
>>335968082
>>335967568
Why is katt suddenly okay when she acts just like a mini Krystal?

Bet your responses will be hypocritical.
>>
>>335968654
>>335965223
Yiff in hell
>>
>>335968767
Kat is not a main character and a forced love interest to Fox. That's why.
>>
>>335968767

Katt was here before Krystal you goof.
>>
>>335963342
>side-B.jpg
>>
>>335968660
>General Pepper out of commision, replaced by General Shears
>You have to fight Corneria Military (Including Bill), Venom headed by Andrew, Pigma and Star Wolf with new members Panther and Kursed
>final or sub-boss is the big Andross brain
>>
>>335968767
she's not. she's just as slutty as krystal for the exact same reasons for falco, but her fanbase isn't as large or loud as krystal's. It's just gay furfags triggered their husbandos aren't faggots for each other, hence most of the hate for them two
>>
>>335969462
>Kursed

it'll never happen but I would lose my shit

how long did it take for nintendo to start making fun of the virtual boy?
>>
>>335969593
You know what's funny about Tomodachi Life shooting shit at the Virtual Boy? Sakamoto is the guy behind Tomodachi Life and his dev team was one of the key teams developing Virtual Boy games. Teleroboxer kicks ass.
>>
>>335968947
>>335969332
>>335969503
So if krystal was in a minor role, say in a female mercenary group, would that be okay? Cause if no you really need to state your reasons, better not be autistic.
>>
>>335969749

Dude I don't even care about Krystal. I just think that it's fucking ridiculous to cry about Katt and compare her to Krystal when she has been around for almost 20 years. She hasn't changed, nothing has changed here. She was always all over everyone's dick from the very beginning. Complaining now is ridiculous, and I think you're just looking for something to rail against.
>>
>>335968767

I like both

I never had a problem with Krystal

I just didn't like where she came from
>>
>>335969749
I don't give a shit as long as Command is fucking ignored forever.
>>
>>335969731

Sakamoto knows when he fucks up

I'm pretty sure he's well aware of the giant fuck up with Other M
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.