[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dads of /v/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: DontTalkToMeOrMySonEverAgain.jpg (134 KB, 899x1327) Image search: [Google]
DontTalkToMeOrMySonEverAgain.jpg
134 KB, 899x1327
I'm soon gonna be a dad, so I wanted to ask a few questions to the dads of /v/:

1. what age do you let your kid play their first game?
2.Do you let them play modern consoles/PC games? or old console/ old PC games?
3. Do you buy your kid(s) video games on special occasions? or on a regular basis?
4. Do you give a shit about the ESRB ratings when buying your kid(s) games?
5. Does your wife (or Husband, because I know most of u are gay) approve of video games?
>>
>>335931375
1 Whenever they want to start
2 What possible reason other than nostalgia would you have to forc older games on your kid? You aren't going to force them to speak ancient Occitan before Middle English then into pre Modern English as they age. You won't make them watch old black and white slent films until they've seen them all before graduating them up to Talkies and when they say
>dad this is boring
You just scream casual at the top of your lungs. This is the dumbest shit, and every retard is obsessed with the idea.
3 Buy them games like you buy people gifts. When you know someone wants something get it for them as a surprise. It shows you're both invested in them and understand their hobbies. Waiting for holidays is just waiting for government approved commercial support event. It's pointless.
4 No, their friends will teach them what swearing and sex are long before you're ready to, just like your childhood. Holding violent media back from them won't protect their innocence it will make them see you as a hypocrite since you'll still consume violent media yourself.
5 No, because she's dumber than a bag of rocks so I fucked her over hard in the divorce and lost absolurely nothing including custody. Never ever assume idiots will raise your children well because you once got hardons listening to them say dumb shit.
>>
>>335931375
im so sorry
>>
>>335931375
>Do you let them play modern consoles/PC games? or old console/ old PC games?

Just get them stuff they'll like.
If you keep playing some older games and they want to try them, cool. If not, so what? You also weren't forced to play shit like Oregon Trail or Star Invaders.

Speaking of, they should probably have access to some up-to-date machine (be it a console or a PC) by the time they start interacting with other kids because kids are bastards and the one who can't play X will have a hard time.
>>
>>335932708
basically /thread
>>
Just had a baby this month and we've talked about this a lot. We're pretty much going to try to keep our son up to date with modern technology so they aren't outcast at school while introducing them to the stuff we grew up with. Modern games we will look o to ourselves (if they aren't something we would play) to see what kind of content they have and if it's overly violent for his age then we'll restrict it. But I'm taking most restrictions off in 8th grade.
>>
2. you can intrudus them to old consols but not force them like my father when i'm was 3 (in 2003) gived me and snes with super mario all stars and i loved it
3. its not a bad thing to buy him games some time but he gonna find torrent and he gonna torrent games (like me) maybe just for try them out before getting it.
4. what for it let him play them in 13-14 year old (if not the he gona torrentit or play them in a frends house)
>>
>>335933524
By the time your kid is 4 he will be able to tell that you are watching movies and playing games about fuckibg hookers and murdering strangers while he is restricted to rounded edge legos and carebears.
He will see through your bullshit and resent you for it then either find ways aroubd your garbage rules or just go play at his friends' places.
>I won't let him see his friends then
Way to be, reinforce asocial behaviour while simultaneously killing off his position in the social hierarchy.
>I will explain why he can't play these games as an adult to another intelligent person
No, you'll condescend to him and he'll understand it and stubbornly repeat Why after everything because your patience is less than his. Or he'll ask why mommy smiles more talking to her online friends than you and you'll get pissed off and insult him.
>I will somhow avoid every pitfall of hyper conservative parenting while improsoning my child in a tower of my morals
Yor approach has been shown by decades of child psychologists to be absolute dogshit that propels them toward the opposite of the virtues you are trying to inspire.
Take off his shackles. He's a person not a fucking dog.
>>
>>335931375
I think you mean your wife and her boyfriend are going to have a child.
>>
>Having children
Enjoy your miserable life.
>>
>>335936120
LE KEKOLD MEME XD
>>
>>335931375

First of all, fuck everyone in this thread.

1: Kids aren't really going to be interested until about the age of 3/4, so I'd really worry about this until then.

2: My son played with the PS3 at the time when it was the current console. Him and my daughter now love playing the WiiU and N64.

3: I buy the games myself, unless one of them does something extremely awesome. Aces a hard spelling test, room clean for a month, etc.

4: I do, games like GTA5, Dark Souls, Bayonetta aren't really child appropriate, as in it'll only confuse them more of what's happening in the game. I will admit I've let me son play GTA 5 with the voices off, he only rides on the train and drives the car like the normal NPCs do.

5: GF doesn't care one way or another. She'll play them once in a great while.
>>
>>335936283
>not having any purpose in life
>implying the chance of procreation was offered to you

Enjoy frivolous shit like iPhones and Weeb shit.
>>
>>335936747
>Your only purpose in life is to procreate
>Being this narrow-minded
>>
i wish there was a way to just get rid of all the jews. Like a button or something somewhere.
>>
>>335934968
4chan is an 18+ site. Enjoy your ban.
>>
>>335937050
But I'm jewish and I've done nothing to you.
>>
>>335936936
>projecting this hard
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.