[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW Improvements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
File: WoWlogo_transparency.png (445 KB, 800x326) Image search: [Google]
WoWlogo_transparency.png
445 KB, 800x326
It should improve the F2P experience (1-20). Maybe professions would actually be interesting, and players could earn tokens to sub.

Or a combat redesign? We football now.
>>
bump
>>
>>335930696
it is not possible to save wow from the current state so why even bother to "improve"
>>
File: my face everytime I watch EoE.jpg (49 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
my face everytime I watch EoE.jpg
49 KB, 480x360
Guys I'm getting the itch again.

Fucking Red pill me quick
>>
>>335930696
>combat redesign
So what you want is a different game
>>
>>335932979
you'll get bored in a week
it's like eating oats, except instead of using milk to prepared them they used water
>>
>>335932979
I played about three weeks of cap at WoD.
Basically, if you're not farming mats, you're farming the same content, to the do the same content but harder. Then you do that content to the same content but harder again. And then once again.
If you aren't doing dailies you're sitting in your single player hub making your NPCs do dailies. Also the inflation rate has quadrupled since tokens came out.
There are quests for legendaries that involve doing dailies, which you have to do to do more dailies. Once you've done enough dailies, you get dailies to do the raids to the dailies more efficiently.
>>
>>335932979
You won't even last a week. You'll sub, visit your garrison, maybe sign up for a LFR. Then 15 minutes will pass and you will realize that you wasted money on something that won't matter in 3 months once Legion comes out.

Cut your losses and wait for the xpac.
>>
>>335932979

Just ask yourself the same thing I always ask myself whenever I even consider getting back into it.

"What was the reason I quit?" Because that hasn't gotten any better or has probably gotten worse.
>>
File: 1461544854916.jpg (25 KB, 253x420) Image search: [Google]
1461544854916.jpg
25 KB, 253x420
>>335932979
Don't do it faggot.

You're too late to get in to any of the real PvE and will end up a LFR drone being led by a bunch of Brazilians.

If you go for PvP, you're going to get assfucked by any of the remaining hardcore PvPers in casual BGs and grinding gear will take ages.

Regardless of PvE/PvP you'll be sitting in your garrison, alone, or flying around in circles in some empty major city waiting for queues.

You're better off either waiting for the expansion. Better yet, just don't play at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 672x638) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 672x638
>>335932979

Do it so you can log back in, play for a bit, realize fuck all's changed before coming back here to realize your stupid fucking mistake.
>>
Those one year gulfs between expansions should be filled with quality of life patches. Major Profession overhaul, World PVP overhaul, and so forth.
>>
File: draenor27.jpg (630 KB, 1000x562) Image search: [Google]
draenor27.jpg
630 KB, 1000x562
>>335933132
>an arena/bg with some sort of structure to the positioning
Seems simple enough.

The healers are the quarterbacks.

The DPS is the front line.

The tanks are the wide receivers and linebackers, taking debuffs to the other healers.
>>
>>335934617
Pretty sure you're describing a boss fight
>>
>>335934456
Neither of the things you mentioned could ever be fixed anyway.
>>
>>335932979
There's a free promotion right now anyway.
>>
>>335935058
They can if Blizzard tries. They probably wont though. Trying costs money, and Blizzard needs it's millions to acquire phone game IP's.
>>
>>335935058
Professions were fine before this xpac launched.

WPvP could be fixed with sandbox mechanics.
>>
>>335932979
i would say play kronos, but servers are overloaded as is, stay away
>>
>>335930696
There are so many changes that need to happen with WoW that it's really impossible to list them all.

In addition, WoW's biggest problem isn't just how shit the professions are, or how garbage PvP has become, or how Raid content literally invalidates itself.

It's that Blizzard somehow manages to produce less content every expansion Cycle, and has been since WotLK, and that things they've learned in the past that worked, seem to have been utterly forgotten in the last two expansions.

Fact of the matter is that Blizzard doesn't know wtf they're doing with this game. They had a goose that laid golden eggs, with a stable and numerous group that bought them, but they decided to force-feed it corn so that they could sell the foie gras to a wider audience of fat fucking idiots that don't actually want anything to do with them.
>>
>Play WoW
>Play BC
>Think about quitting in WotLK
>Quit in Cata
>Check out MoP
>Quit

Haven't been interested in it since, until I heard about Nost getting shut down. If Blizz does do throwback servers, I think I might play again. But, we'll see. I'm not at all committed.
>>
>>335932979
Play kronos instead.

Never played Vanilla and having the time of my life.

The odds of it getting yanked are none either because its Czech ans slavs cant be touched by US laws
>>
>Legacy Servers
Are my fellow Warlocks looking forward to running out of Soul Shards during raids again?
>>
>>335937292
Vanilla even if you played it before really is refreshing.

None of that
>BRO
>YOUR THE CHOSEN ONE
>*Take a shit and every claps women and babies crying in awe*
>Proceed to one shot 5 mobs at a time in greens

I feel like an actual adventurer again
>>
I dunno if it can be salvaged. Every year or so I'll give it another try and remember why I left, and usually I leave with new things to dislike. Dailies are when I started to go off it.

Starting again from and introducing stuff every few months via patches, as opposed to front loading content, might be the way to go? It's difficult to say.
>>
>>335930696
Blizzard can start by getting rid of the horde
>>
>>335938651
>questing in westfall on my Hunter
>See a tank warrior nothing special
>Kill a murloc and it drops a decent green shield
>Whisper and tell him if he needs it
>He's excited as fuck and says hell yea
>Give it to him for free
>Thanks man!

Vanilla really was special.
>>
File: him.png (140 KB, 434x320) Image search: [Google]
him.png
140 KB, 434x320
>>335939019
>WoW Now.
>Tank bosses everyone around.
>treats people like shit.
>says he can do what he wants because we won't kick the Tank.
>Ego-Maniac dick-heads play as Tanks not because they want to tank, but because they think it gives them power over others.
>>
>>335938421
>Soul siphon + trash + not being trash = shards

the fuck was wrong with you
>>
>>335939238
Nothing, but having to go kill more trash might bother the rest of the raid.
>>
>>335938403
This

I only got to level cap in TBC so it wasn't like actual nostalgia, but game is fun as fuck

no current MMO's seem to capture the community experience like old WoW does
>>
>>335939145
I only playedvanilla wow for about 3 months and stopped because it costs money to play.

It was fun for the time I had it, I think I cut school once to play it.
>>
File: 1442833994433.png (115 KB, 268x637) Image search: [Google]
1442833994433.png
115 KB, 268x637
>>335939145
>Ego-Maniac dick-heads play as Tanks not because they want to tank, but because they think it gives them power over others

Can confirm. I led a level 50-55ish party through all of blackrock depths, even though we only had to kill the first boss. Because so very little people were queing, they would just end up with me after leaving multiple times.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.