[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any JRPG worth playing on the bloodbornestation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 233x217
Any JRPG worth playing on the bloodbornestation?
>>
bloodborne
>>
>>335930327
Souls games are not JRPGs
>>
bloodborne
>>
File: PS4 2016 First Half.jpg (2 MB, 1378x3000) Image search: [Google]
PS4 2016 First Half.jpg
2 MB, 1378x3000
>>335930136
Not too many yet, the typical Jrpg's are coming out this year

So far you have Disgaea5 and Witch&theHundredKnight, which you may not consider Jrpgs

You also have the two SaO games which aren't anything out of this world but are pretty cheap and last for a good while depending on what you want out of them

Dimimon Cybersluts came out this year
Nights of Azure came out this month
You also have the typical Senran/Nep/Atlier games if that's your thing

StarOcean5 and GrandKingdom come out in June and the other Jrpgs you probably heard about come later in the year.

I guess there are more japanese adventure/action games than Jrpgs proper. GundamBreakers3, EDF4.1, OdinSphere, etc
>>
bloodborne
>>
star ocean 5
yuki to setsuna
grand kingdom
disgaea 5
fairy fencer F
>>
I see anti ps4 shills posting at full force today

3 threads trying to point out few games on ps4. Makes me wonder how much of that is company-driven or if it's just a random nerd trying to shit on this generation's winner
>>
File: D5_Usaria.png (237 KB, 514x602) Image search: [Google]
D5_Usaria.png
237 KB, 514x602
>>335930136
disgaea
>>
File: 1418355466221.gif (498 KB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
1418355466221.gif
498 KB, 300x222
>>335931485
>>
>>335931656
what do you think, genious? When all the threads start with a variation of bloodborne + playstation + blunder. Blunderstation. Blooderstation. Playborne. etc

I can't believe you actually got to ask that question when it's so obvious. They aren't even trying to falseflag, come on.
>>
>>335931656
how can you win with no games?
>>
File: GB3 3.webm (3 MB, 640x440) Image search: [Google]
GB3 3.webm
3 MB, 640x440
>>335931787
I don't understand. You post a transformers gif very similar to a fun game that released just yesterday, and yet the gif is dismissing the whole list.
>>
>>335931945

If companies just use this board to shit on others then I guess I am a redditor. If you actually put the memes and junk aside, reddit is good for simple discussion. /v/ hasn't even had a happening worthy of me staying here recently

>>335931994

Me? I didn't win anything. the ps4 did. I won all three consoles so i'm pretty satisfied, ps4 the only one not gathering dust atm
>>
>>335931994
Borne 2 Blunder
Bundyborne 4
Ted Borne 4

Bloody X Ted 4

Bloody Borne 4 - Ted's Revival

Bloody Borne 5 - Ted VS Jim "Jungle Juice" Jones
>>
>>335932172
As we all type in english, what makes you think I am going to buy a moon rune gundam game, Don't get me wrong but uh, Real collectibles is just a little bit more reasonable but also pathetic.
>>
>>335930443
Why the fuck not?
>>
>>335932501
The Gundam game has an asian release with English subtitles
>>
>>335930443
>I'm a retard look at me: The Post
>>
>>335932647
that's thoughtful of them. I still don't use amazon though.
>>
>>335932614
They are WRPGs even though no real WRPG is like them before they came out;)
>>
>>335931485
>Disgaea
>Nep
>Atelier
>SAO

Ugh. Thanks for reminding me how shitty the PS4's jrpg library is right now.
>>
>>335932994
Just buy a Vita then.
>>
>>335933169
Years ahead of you Anon.

Unfortunately there's a ton of shit tier stuff on the Vita too.
>>
File: GB3.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
GB3.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>335932501
The game released yesterday in english

>>335932994
did you get to read the very first sentence of my post? I said there weren't a whole lot yet, the first decent ones start releasing in the second half of the year

PS4 is the best place for Jrpgs, if you don't like the current library you won't find anything better outside of it either. It has been a slow start in Jrpg land. Of course if your tastes as just a bit more diverse there are plenty of other fun jap games to play that aren't strictly Jrpgs but have small rpg-elements.
>>
>>335934237
I read your whole post, looked at the pic, I'm aware that the PS4 is still the "best" (least terrible) of the three current consoles for jrpgs, and I like many genres, both rpg and otherwise.

Still doesn't change the fact that 90% of the jrpg content on the PS4 right now is a dumpster fire.
>>
>>335932958
The come out in jap first. the are JRPG.
>>
File: SO5 6.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
SO5 6.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>335934795
there are always only a handful of truly great Jrpgs each gen, everything else ranging from "playable" to "Its alright"

SO5. Persona5, Grand Kingdom, Tales of Berseria, FF15, FF7R(?), Nier:A, World of FF might all release this year which is pretty crazy but also not well timed or neatly spread out like most of us would like. Dragon Quest 11 is also on the way as well as KH3.

It's just a matter of less than 2 months before the first one of those comes out and at worst 8 months until the majority of them release.
>>
>>335935579
>everything else ranging from "playable" to "Its alright"

This is basically only true if you're a raging turbo weeb. There are plenty that are outright shit. Otherwise, I agree that each gen only has a few gems. I don't need a game to be a gem to enjoy it. It just has to not be outright shit.

>SO5. Persona5, Grand Kingdom, Tales of Berseria, FF15, FF7R(?), Nier:A, World of FF might all release this year which is pretty crazy but also not well timed or neatly spread out like most of us would like. Dragon Quest 11 is also on the way as well as KH3.
>It's just a matter of less than 2 months before the first one of those comes out and at worst 8 months until the majority of them release.

That's why I said "right now." I am looking forward to most of those.
>>
>>335932614
Ever played a jrpg? Souls doesn't feel like one at all. Not even FF feels like a jrog anymore tbqh jrpgs are dead.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.