[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So been away for a few days, let's have a civil discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: 1461800027288.jpg (108 KB, 619x577) Image search: [Google]
1461800027288.jpg
108 KB, 619x577
So been away for a few days, let's have a civil discussion on the thoughts on everyone's mind right now.

Nintendo and Mobile.

Nintendo wants to open a mobile branch, this is all and fine, and honestly expected given their target audiences, Children and Japanese teen-adult crowds, who are usually never in one place. Not to mention the current growth of the mobile industry.

The big question is: Will the effect their console/handheld game quality?

3DS is pretty level, it's a decent handheld, has some great games, and some mediocre ones. but it get third party support for those who aren' all gungho for Nintendo.

Wii-U on the other hand gets absolutely nothing. We have maybe 5-6 games that can be considered decent, none of which, a system seller. Little to no third party, and our future is one game announced in 2013 which has been delayed to hold THE ENTIRE LINEUP for 2017.

So how do mobile games come in? Lets take a look at some of Nintendo's more recent titles and announcements.

>Captain Toad
While good, is only a slightly expanded version of the minigame found in SM3Dw. Very mind numbingly simple puzzles and solutions. appeals to a casual audience
>Triforce Heroes
A dumbed down four swords with less mechanics and control then FSA, and a style fashion gimmick to rival the fame of the Kardashian mobile games.
>StarFox Guard
An okay Tower defense that got the Starfox name slapped onto it and was forced into a bundle with the actual game to raise its price.
>Metroid battle ball
A SPORTS game using metroid prime controls. SPORTS.

These kind of short and sweet games are what we're going to come to expect from nintendo from now. These are the kind of titles NX will have.

>But thats just the mobile market

Yes, but do you really think Nintendo is going to turn a blind eye to a company that makes them money? New president, new business. These newer console games will become even simpler with each one. Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Fire emblem and AC

Discuss.
>>
Honestly, I'm just waiting until Nintendo announces their next handheld is actually a smartphone. People have been theorizing this shit for years and I think creating games for phones now is the first step in that direction.
>>
>>335921849
>announces their next handheld is actually a smartphone
Yeah that's a smart plan alright
>2017
>Nintendophone comes out
>sells well
>2018
>iPhone 8 or 9 or whatever comes out
>everybody abandons the Nintendophone for the new shiny phone
>Nintendo goes bankrupt
>>
>>335921568
>Fire emblem mobile

The worst part is it won't even be a tactical game, its just going to be that face petting shit and waifu feeding on-the-go. as an app or something.

Japs literally don't care about Fire emblem as a game, its like Lord of the rings to them and how Americans only care about the peter jackson movies and not the actual Tolkien books.
>>
what's there to discuss? of course they're going to focus on mobile stuff, they're just entering that market, and its quickly supplanting normal console markets.

for what its worth, nintendo hasn't been a place to play 3rd party games since maybe the SNES, and they probably never will be again. you buy a nintendo for nintendo games.

i don't know why you're making so many assumptions about the types of games the NX will have. you're cherrypicking a handful of smaller titles and then claiming thats all that will ever exist. seems you hardly want a discussion and more people to circlejerk your confirmation bias.
>>
>>335922106
Then they'll just release the nintenphone XL. They're already experienced in sucking their consumers dry.
>>
>>335922109
It won't be. They literally said they want to offer the FE experience but in a more accessible way. So it might be easier (maybe with micro transactions to revive units?) but it will still be FE.
It's made to attract casuals to the franchise not to push them away from it.
>>
>>335922106
People are like magpies, I swear.

>New shiny phone
>OOH MUST GET IT AND SPEND $500 FOR 2 NEW FEATURES!

For god sakes people, a phone is a device used to talk to people, not play shitty app games. I'm still using a clamshell T-mobile and i'm fine.

If Nintedno does make a phone, I won't be buying it.
>>
>>335922239
That would pretty much mean making a new handheld every year with stronger specs etc and new games that use those specs. Yeah nah.

And sure handhelds have had revisions but how well did they sell compared to the previous versions? It's not like every 3DS owners also bought an XL and a N3DS and 2DS.
>>
>>335922218
>Eternal Darkness
>Pandoras tower
>No more heroes
>Numerous Castlevanias
>Bayonetta 2

Sure buddy.
>>
>>335922513
cool, a handful of games since the Gamecube. definitely the go-to console for 3rd party support!
>>
>>335922467
So let me get this straight, every phone company is able to pump out new phones half a year, but Nintendo isn't able to do the same thing?
The only thing new games need to do are more effects, post-processing and shit.

Who cares about the handhelds though? We're talking about a phone here, and you yourself said that people buy phones like crazy. Make up your mind.

The smartest possible move would be a phone with a Virtual Console emulator on it, with a lot of polish and a good chunk of a library. Put buttons on the phone and you're good to go.
>>
>playing this mobile game
>one character is basicaly every nigger stereotype ever outside of eating watermelon and stealing stuff
>one character is effeminate and it's played for laughs
>there are tits everywhere
>there is even an event where it's implied someone get molested

i want nintendo to fuck off from mobile games too before other dev start picking up from them because retarded nintendo fans eat everything they shit out
>>
The Fire Emblem app will use you and your friend's mii as the party.
>>
File: 1443392115769.png (96 KB, 352x431) Image search: [Google]
1443392115769.png
96 KB, 352x431
>>335921568
>let's have a civil discussion
>>
>>335921568
Nintendo is dead to it's core userbase
>>
>>335923768
>Mii delivers killing blow
>Screams his battle quote with a mii voice on the slowest setting
>>
>>335924073
I can see it, I can see myself laughing at it too.
>>
>>335921568
>A SPORTS game using metroid prime controls. SPORTS.
lmao you say sports as if you expect the neckbeards of /v/ to recoil at even the thought of a sport.
The funniest part is you're probably dead on since the average /v/ goer was bullied like crazy by the true alphas of their generation
>>
>>335922346
>2 features
>implying

People will literally shell out money just for a new color.
>>
Fire Emblem is gay. They should focus on making miitomo better.
>>
>>335922346

Difference being, you're a pathetic loser shut in with no one to talk to and nowhere to be, unlike those magpies you hate so much
>>
>>335921568
They've really, really gone downhill. Since they shit the bed with Zelda and appear to be making yet another gimmick console, the future isn't looking very good.
NX is their last chance to keep me as customer. I want a powerful console with a standard controller, and a solid lineup of first-party and third-party games. I know this almost certainly won't happen though.
If they fuck this up, I'm done with them.
>>
Mobile games can be made with shoestring budget, I doubt it'll hurt their bigger projects.

But this is fucking Nintendo so don't be surprised if they wasted big money making fancy shit for it and then wonder why their profit was so small.
>>
>>335924446
>Guy who literally makes his living gathering people for his firm
>Shut in

Ha. thats a laugh. I don't need a fancy-shmancy phone to call an intern to tell him to haul his ass over here. I don't text, you don't recieve my calls, its on you and you get fired.
>>
Mobile AC doesn't sound too bad as long as it isn't anything similar to that godawful free sims app.
>start the game
>train takes 2 hours to arrive
>Pay 0.99 cents to skip!
Luckily they're not EA but who knows.
>>
File: 1415435705444.jpg (186 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1415435705444.jpg
186 KB, 960x1280
>Aww, Mayor, your axe broke... but for $0.99 you can repair it!
>Mayor! You've planted 10 trees today. Your energy is empty! You should wait until tomorrow or pay $0.99 to restore all your energy!
>Mayor! The fountain building project has begun! It will take a week to be funded, or you can pay $1.49 to instantly finish the fountain!

This is the future you chose.
>>
>>335922861
>every phone company is able to pump out new phones half a year, but Nintendo isn't able to do the same thing?
Well Nintendo is not a phone company so.

Do you really think Nintendo can develop a new phone (something they've never done) every year?
>>
>>335924941
what the fuck does 'gathering people' mean you absolute honey-dipped mongtard
>>
That's a tl;dr post for something that is utterly meaningless in the grand scheme of things. These mobile shitstain are just to make a quick buck and nothing more. That being said, Miitomo is rated 3.7 on the play store, which is pathetic.
>>
>>335922346
Oh okay grandpa.
>>
>>335929160
Oh okay kiddo.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.