[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game actually fun, or is it just a case of >DUUDE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: Capture.png (1020 KB, 975x677) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1020 KB, 975x677
Is this game actually fun, or is it just a case of

>DUUDE
>PANTIES
>LOL
>>
>>335919334
Kind of both.
>>
If you can get it to work, that is.
>>
>>335919334
Gameplay is ok
Dialogue is cringeworthy
Character design is generic af
you decide
>>
It's not so much a beat-em-up. Be warned.
>>
>>335919334
the main appeal is unlocking different kinds of anime and wrestling moves, while dressing up like an MMO's fashion abortion
>>
>>335919334
There's a demo you know. Just play that to see if you like it.
Also the game is a parody of typical anime games.
>>
>>335919334
It's ok. Combat is somewhat clunky. Only replayability of the game is doing the girl's routes.
Cover girl best girl.
>>
It's "us weebs huh xD" levels of cringe
Gameplay's clunky
I tried to refund, but steam kept counting hours played after I turned it off, so I didn't get one
>>
How much is euros covered to burgerbux? I wouldn't mind paying $15 for a lighthearted 7.5/10
>>
>>335919334
the latter

combat is atrocious
game is surprisingly light on things to do, there's what, the arena (can complete it entirely in under an hour) and the rest is just grinding clothes collection and flyer hunting which doesn't actually take skill or present a challenge or fun, just requires autistic checking of every location after every event. I think that's it other than the pitiful arcade game
The models are weak
The stories are incredibly brief and shallow both in amount of actual story there is and the intelligence of what little is actual presented to you
Side quests are mostly a bore of literal "go here and beat x many enemies"

I think the humor had a decent charm to it but overall it is neither worth the money (if you intend to buy it) or more importantly, the time to play it. Unless you have literally played every single game on your backlog (protip: you haven't) don't bother
>>
>>335919334
Fun if you are a weeb. Not so much if you're a normalfag, or /v/ really.
You walk around Akihabara and fight people for no reason. Combat kinda sucks- will glitch out at times, kinda like DS lag attacks.
Overall good if you are the targeted audience.
>>
>>335920430
>No fun allowed
Very objective overview. Loosen up a little anon?
>>
>>335920646
show me where the fun is. The story barely touches on the girls, you learn very little about them over the course of their routes (Shion's route is the most in depth and even then it's pitiful compared to any sensible expectations)

So if you're playing for the girls, it's barely enough to get your tongue wet, the game just didn't bother expounding upon the main draw.

If you came to play it as an ode to Akihabara, you'll be disappointed as well. The flyers are the only thing that actually give detail to the city. The environments themselves are incredibly few, there's like 10 streets you can even go to and most of them are incredibly simple and limiting with zone outs and walls everywhere. You can only interact with stores (which only serve as a nod to the fact that there is a store there, they don't do anything with it like parody or any references beyond the store name and the type of goods they sell). Also, the environments themselves are mostly generic created for the game unlabeled walls with low-detail posters rather than unique locations to fill the very little they even had to fill. I'm not asking the world here, the game is barren and not a good answer for those with an itch for Akiba traipsing.

If you came for fun combat, you'll be served disappointment on a silver platter not five minutes into the game.

cont. in later post to bump because I'm not done
>>
>>335921426
>>335920430
>Having standards
HOW FUCKING DARE YOU, MY LOW-QUALITY WEEBSHIT IS GREAT, YOU'RE JUST A FUCKING WESTABOO!
>>
Okay i have 85 cents to spend for one Anime Girl game.

Is there atleast a good one with a lot of echii in it?
>>
>>335919334
Both. I played it on vita with sub par framerate but I enjoyed it. Decent writing, combat is meh, story is okay.
>>
The models are disgusting. They follow the disgusting trend of low budget soft shaded models and the game suffers for it. It might have been fun stripping them if there was ANY effort put into not making them look like ass, but the animations themselves are stiff and loose, the clothes don't even hang correctly on the body, it's like watching a guy take a case off of a pillow from 50 feet away. I have plenty more to say about the awful modeling and animations but all you have to do is look at it to see that it's offensively bad

The game is just not fun, it might make a decent time killer if you are literally bored out of your mind but so would pacing around the room or taking a warm bath. Akiba's Trip is the quintessence of a low-budget low-competency low-effort turd that only even crosses your mind as a consideration due to it's weebiness. There are not only plenty of better games to play, there are plenty of better weeb games to play to and yet this still had enough marketability to get an official translation. Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I didn't play the localization but I heard it was memetastic. Admittedly, so is the original, but at least the memes aren't nearly as grating as the screens I've seen of the localization
>>
>>335922275
It's a fucking vita port, of course the models are shit.
>>
>>335923678
I played the ps3 version, I don't know nothing about the vita port

For the most part, it ran at a stable 30fps, I don't remember any significant slowdowns even during the bigger brawls like the AKB battle
>>
>>335921543
Fuck off.
>>335921426
>>335922275
Well granted I pirated this since I'm a poorfag, I found the environment quite nice. It was not as bad as you make it sound out to be. The size was ok, a few city blocks. Yeah it could have been bigger, but it did not look skimpy at all.

Yeah the combat sucked. I can even admit that. Tons of times I'd randomly get my clothes ripped off for no reason. Still had a good time fighting though. Added some artificial difficulty.

Models looked fine, not sure if you didn't have the right graphical settings, but they were typical anime cell shaded models that nearly every eastern game features. I didn't see any issues with the animations, they looked fine to me.

Sure localizations suck, but it seemed to be one of the better jobs. The memes put in were actual translations of what were in the raw text. Yes nips use memes on 2chan, yeah they exist over in Japan as well.

It was nice to play a game with themes of anime plastered around the game. You could use a daki for a weapon. Have graphic T-shirts. Have the MC wear a skirt. Haven't even gotten to finish the game yet either due to upgrading my PC.
>>
>>335921671
Yes the one where you kill yourself tripcuck
>>
I bought it thrice. Take that as you will.
I thought it was fun, and the clothes are a lot.
>>
>>335919334
It's just dumb weeb trash.
>>
>>335919334
Fun weebshit but don't expect much out of it.

>>335919664
Best girl doesn't even get a route.
>>
File: 1446686283424.jpg (236 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446686283424.jpg
236 KB, 1920x1080
The only good thing about it is the Little Sister if you turn off the Dub.
>>
File: akibarin.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
akibarin.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>335925034
It's tragic.
>>
>>335925097
If we're talking jap voices, you can't just leave Chiwa Saito out like that.
>>
>>335924138
>Models looked fine, not sure if you didn't have the right graphical settings, but they were typical anime cell shaded models that nearly every eastern game features. I didn't see any issues with the animations, they looked fine to me.

As for the models, that's the very problem. I'm sure it's because you're accustomed to it but the soft shaded low detail animu models are hideous and there are plenty of examples of weeb games that DON'T utilize this and are all the better for it. They are done because it's cheap both in time it takes to make and strain on graphics processing. And even for the typical models of this aesthetic that you see, these are lazy. Like, God Eater could do it, all of the Gust games can do it, so why for any reason other than laziness and ineptitude can't these guys?

And as for the animations, how do you NOT see a problem with them? I guess it's hard if we don't have a common ground in front of us to compare but these animations are weak, plain and simple. If they look fine to you, that's a subjective point that I can't argue but in sense does that mean they are quality.

If it's just the anime themes, you can do all of the last stuff in other games, you can use a dildo and wear shits in GTA, you can use a dildo and wear shirts in Saints Row, you can use crazier weapons and wear shirts in Dead Rising, if it's just the weeb weapons that appeal to you, I'm sure there are mods for plenty of games with weeby shit.
>>
>>335919334
It's basically way of the samurai weeaboo edition
>>
File: mov (70).webm (1 MB, 576x360) Image search: [Google]
mov (70).webm
1 MB, 576x360
NO MEIDO ROUTE
NO BUY

get Way of the samurai 4 instead
>>
>>335925259
*in no sense
>>
>>335925157
turning of the English Dub
>>
>>335919334
The gameplay is really bad.
You have a block, but not a dodge, yet the combat seems to almost be designed around a dodge ability.
It's weird.
>>
>>335925339
Did he really need to body-slam her?
>>
File: PCIRBTH_Hero_Prinny.png (573 KB, 1012x1363) Image search: [Google]
PCIRBTH_Hero_Prinny.png
573 KB, 1012x1363
>DOOD
>PANTIES
>>
>>335925593
yes this is a wrestling match
>>
>>335919334

i didn't like it, it's pretty much like a suckier version of yakuza, the combat is boring as fuck because you only have a few combo's and enemies take forever to kill (one of the reason is that they are only dead after you break all their clothes which means hitting them several times with all your 3 different type of combo's) and it's completly killed by the fact that each zone is super small and there is loading everywhere, it's a good thing there is a quick warp function because otherwise it would take like 4 loading screen each lasting 1-2 minutes to get anywhere

the only real value of the game it's his weeb value, now weeb is a word that get thrown here a lot for anything remotely anime but this game is weebish as fuck, you start the game and you get kidnapped by an evil organization by the promise of anime figurines, literaly the first thing you can say in the game is "WHERE ARE MUH ANIME FIGURINES???" oh and of course a game based around stripping people has it's fair dose of fanservice

every character is an anime stereotype, there is the childhood friend who's all angry about the hero but secretely want his dick, the girl who's indifferent toward him but secretely want his dick (and is also a vampire because why not), the older woman who you can't get because she doesn't want your dick, a bubbly idiotic french maid, and he has a little sister that literaly can't go two seconds without saying "ONIICHAN" who obviously want his dick, most of the dialogue also revolve around "them dumb anime nerds"

i've told the game represention of tokyo is also pretty faithful, there are real chain of stores and one of the quest is to collect their ads (of course they are all managed by animu girls) hilariously enough the game is full of ads for real world thing including other games like trails of cold steel

honestly it's only worth if you are extremely weebish
>>
>>335919334
Just play yakuza
>>
>>335925259
>I'm sure there are mods for plenty of games with weeby shit.

Well yeah I do get those whenever, but AS kept the whole anime tone full on in pretty much all aspects of the game.

The models and animations are still what is commonly found in most weeb games. I still don't really see much of an issue.
>>
>>335925596
D00d
>>
>>335927236
>I still don't really see much of an issue
I mean, there's not much I can do but tell you "It's ugly" or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkvpzvXtAp8

like, if we look at this, we can see that the models aren't in contact with the ground, or when they cover up places or try to hold onto clothing that's being taken off, there not actually in contact, and I know that it'd be hard to do because it has to account for various dimensions of randomly generated clothing but in this game it's so blatant. I've already mentioned GTA and I'm not trying to dickride it or anything but it's still evidence that RNG'd outfits of NPCs can look at least moderately like they are being worn and not levitating around their body and even shit like that watchdogs webm of the dude picking up his hat, he at least appears to be making contact with it.

And then the animations themselves, they just look awkward. Like, their hands remain stiff throughout 99% of the animations, and when their wrists bend, the just bend straight up and the hand clips through the wrist and the fingers don't do anything. Singularly, it's nothing huge but it's a whole bunch of little things like that that add up to a surreal depiction of human movement.

Not to mention how much goddamn clipping there is. And I know, it's sensible to cut them some slack just do to the complexity of what is trying to be accomplished but it's like they didn't even try. And when you compound that to the rest of the game failing too, it's hard to hold back.

And again, the models are so low detail that you can barely even make out the cleavage of NPCs from a huge portion of angles due to how much shading and shit they used on them
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.