[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I fucking play this today? Never tried it because my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 927361-doom_3[1].jpg (174 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
927361-doom_3[1].jpg
174 KB, 1024x768
Should I fucking play this today?

Never tried it because my PC couldn't run it back in the day and after all the backlash I lost interest
>>
Whenever I play the game it just blackscreens.
>>
Yeah it's good.
>>
The games alright, but the expansion is better.
>>
I liked it and it's not too long I don't think. It's not a good Doom, but it's still a good game.
>>
what happened with BFG, did everyone just forget about it?
>>
>>335917568
Strangely enough, my gaming pc was good enough to run it back then. Well, a pirated copy on a borrowed (6800) video card.

I quite enjoyed it and think it looked nice. I got pretty meh to the jump scares pretty quick though.
>>
>>335917963
I mostly bought it just so I could extract the Doom 2 "No Rest for the Living" episode and play it in GZDoom.
>>
File: Doom3-bfg-01.jpg (318 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Doom3-bfg-01.jpg
318 KB, 1920x1080
>>335917568
Turn off the HUD, turn up the volume, and prepare for a spooky fucking ride.

It should be known that Doom 3 is a piss-poor action game, but its incredible atmosphere and sound design makes it all worthwhile.
>>
scariest game of all time.

i couldn't beat it without noclipping through the scary parts.
>>
Play it. The guns don't have any impact, you'll spend most of game swapping between a flashlight and your guns and enemies barely react to enemy fire unless the shot killed them. That makes them ragroll across the room and dissolve into thin air. Also the majority of the levels are extremely linear.

It's still worth playing though.

Once you're done, play the Classic Doom 3 mod. It's an admirable effort to recreate the Doom 1 shareware, but it really showcases the parts of Doom 3 that just don't work when compared to its predecessors.
>>
>>335917634
Sounds like the game is running normally then
>>
File: d64 e1m1 bulldemon mob.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
d64 e1m1 bulldemon mob.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>335917568
You really shouldn't.

Play the Doom 64 EX instead. It's the definitive "Doom 3".
>>
>>335918905
>scariest game of all time.
>Doom 3
pick one, casual fagget.

D3 has nothing on Afraid Of Monsters: Director's Cut.
>>
>>335920743
Anon can do that after Doom 3.

Doom 64 has some really shit levels, especially towards the end. Has some good ones too. Reminds me of Doom 2 in that respect.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.