[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Derek Smart the most underrated game developer of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: dereksmart2005.jpg (18 KB, 300x342) Image search: [Google]
dereksmart2005.jpg
18 KB, 300x342
I think Derek Smart doesn't get the credit he rightfully deserves. He has always been an indy developer before being "indy" was cool. Derek Smart has created some of the most enduring game series in history such as the famed Battlecruiser series.

People never seem to talk about Derek Smart and that's a shame because his contributions to gaming especially PC gaming are enormous.

I remember Derek Smart being all the rage online back in the late 90's where he got a lot of heat for being outspoken but you know what when youre talented, I think you have a right to talk trash.

Anyone with me?
>>
begone Drek, leave this board

aren't you a bit busy trying to use the star citizen guys for stealing the concept of space from you
>>
>>335917096

Freespace 3 when?
>>
>>335917096
It's really simple, any notoriety or fame a game developer has is negated the moment they rely on crowdfunding.

For all the Carmack posts around here, nobody is willing to admit his reputation is damaged beyond repair for being part of the Kickstarter/Facebook deal.
>>
I literally don't know anything about Derek Smart or what games they've made other than the fact that if you say his name 3 times into a mirror he will shitpost on your message board
>>
>>335917096

Hey Derek. How's life?
>>
>>335917096
Go back to bed, Derek
>>
DEREK SMART'S DESKTOP COMMANDER
>>
>>335917096
Derek Smart please go
>>
Wait, so just because I recognize Derek Smart as an important contributor to PC gaming and am a fan of his game means that I'm Derek Smart?

You haters are pathetic.

I have no problem giving credit where credit is due.

You guys are just angry at someone who accomplishes things and when they get the praise they deserve, then you get all defensive and trash talk them to make up for your crappy lives and lack of accomplishments.

And as far as the Star Citizen debacle, they are completely in the wrong. Those guys were trying to use the fame of Derek Smart to get one over and Derek deserves every penny that he invested. You don't do that to people. These days developers seem more concerned with making money, even indy developers, then they are with making games. Derek Smart is still one of those old school guys concerned about GAMES.
>>
>>335918604
Whatever you say, Derek.
>>
Derek Smart
Derek Smart
DEREK SMART
>>
File: 1452424255801.png (114 KB, 368x298) Image search: [Google]
1452424255801.png
114 KB, 368x298
>>335918604
Derek please.
>>
>>335918910

Yeah nice job trolling there. I'm not Derek Smart, I'm just one of the many Battlecruiser fans who think that Derek Smart has been undeservingly harassed and disrespected over the years despite contributing so much to the PC gaming scene.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.