[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you'll never make good lore like Dark Souls What makes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
>you'll never make good lore like Dark Souls
What makes it so good?
>>
The Elder Scrolls Lore > Dark Souls Lore
>>
>>335911612
Dumb scrollposter
>>
just write some obscure poetic shit down about some guy who had a hard life and was corrupted or cursed or whatever

then say it out loud with a rough throaty voice to make it appear to be deeper and edgier

there you go you made dark souls lore
>>
>>335911612
WHERE ARE THE FUCKING DWARVES ANON
WHERE DID THEY GO
>>
>>335911612
this tbqchim
>>
>>335911028
>What makes it so good?
That it's literally all speculation.
>>
5 games of the same lore and you faggots keep buying it.
>>
>>335912549
you mean 5 games of literally barebones, almost none existent lore that gets picked and exaggerated by autistic people on /dsg/ and youtube?
>>
File: leepest dore.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
leepest dore.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
>>335911028
Make a mildly interesting story with a few holes in it.
Other faggots will fill them in for you.
>>
1. Write a generic fantasy story about magic and family betrayal. Feel free to use Greek mythology as a basis.
2. Don't write it out as a full story. Instead, take bits and pieces of it and vaguely scatter hints of them throughout the world.
3. ????
4. PROFIT!
>>
>>335913526
you forgot a step
>make idiot fanboys think it's deep when it's just lazy writing
>>
>>335911028
Make an interesting looking world that is fun to explore and fill it with creatively designed enemies/NPCs. Then base your lore around that. VOILA.
>>
>>335911028
The worst thing is i have all these ideas about bosses, enemies, items, zones yet i can't even set a door to work in RPGMaker. And the ideas start going away.
>>
>>335911935
A daedric dimension, obviously

Do u even lurk tes lore?
>>
>>335911028
The lore in DS games is so entertaining because it is almost all revealed by the fanbase. If told by a narrator, the lore would be mediocre at best. But as >>335913526 said, if you put bits and pieces of it in the beautiful world of DS, people will WANT to find out and discover shit. And that's why its so fun.
>>
It's mostly good because of how it is conveyed to the player and the atmosphere of the setting. It's very different from how most Western developers tell fantasy stories so it sticks out.
>>
I don't read item descriptions in Souls games, total waste of time.
>>
>>335911028
Are you the same faggot from /got/ who mopes around complaining no one would appreciate your 'hella epic fantasy' that you haven't written?
>>
File: hamustaa.jpg (95 KB, 529x797) Image search: [Google]
hamustaa.jpg
95 KB, 529x797
Dark Souls lore doesn't need to be good to be compelling, it's enjoyable because it respects the player in that you can completely ignore it if you don't care but there's also a lot left to the player to figure out for themselves if they want to invest themselves in it
>>
>>335911028
be really vague, cut some content halfway through development but keep the characters in, so they feel mysterious.

velka and priscilla incase you missed the point.

half joking but wasted potential right there. same with 'why are there fog gates?' post-DeS.

items however are amazing, half the time they hint something just by where you find it, let alone the description.

>>335913915
>can't get door working
I used to know this feel. there are tutorials online, getting doors, chests, day night cycles working, is all part of the fun.
>>
>>335911612
/thread
>>
>>335914793
It's kind of like those RPG's where you just make shit up to me.

I'm not an autist who reads 800 item descriptions so my story from the games was very limited. I don't remember a single thing about Demon Souls and Bloodborne was incomprehensible to me (I was very confused when everything started being related to babies) but Dark Souls overall had a nice story to me.

There wasn't a fire, then there was. The fire made some gods. The gods killed the dragons. Gods and people lived wonderfully but then the fire went out. Instead of letting it go out like it should of we some faggot killed himself to make it go longer, but he didn't die and now nobody did and everybody went insane.

You were rused into trying to make it light again (You also could just not.) which is basically always the right decision.

Dark Souls 3 ends with you keeping natural order by not lighting the light, or becoming your own version of Gwyn who is just some hollow who will most likely have the exact same problems for not looking the world enter it's natural cycle.

The story ends with you hugging a (probably warm) fire keeper as the world turns to abject darkness awaiting the day the light naturally burns anew of it's own volition. The end.

Not super deep or anything but hey I liked it.

That Bloodborne thing wasn't a shit post against PS4 either. I legitimately had no idea what happened. I know there was a church and people turned into beast but then there was babies or something. I have no idea why, or why you fight a wet nurse or any of that shit and I don't care enough to read about it.

I just wish Miyazaki didn't make all the bosses in BB have those stupid fucking flowing cloth all over their body obscuring my view.
>>
>>335913506
God dammit do you have to be such a sensitive whiner? I will never understand the giant hateboner you dumbasses get over Undertale. It's a damn good game, even if the fanbase is garbage, like, oh, every single other fucking fanbase. It pains me to see people shit on this game because it's the "cool" thing to do, because they missed out on the MLP fiasco (which this, Homestuck, or FNAF is nowherere close to).
>>
Step 1: create world and characters for a horror game with all kinds of weird, confronting and unexplainable shit
Step 2: put in some swords and castles
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.