[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I didn't pay attention to this game so far. How is it with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (143 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
143 KB, 1280x720
I didn't pay attention to this game so far.

How is it with all the expansions?
>>
About hundred hours played here, its one of my favorite 4Xs. The vanilla game is good but when you pile up the expansions on it, it becomes great due to all the features and additional map events.
>>
Should take advantage of this thread and ask this as well.
If I loved the first age of wonders but absolutely detested the second, will I like this?
>>
Pretty great. The classes play totally different while each having their own cool shit, the units and spells are fun (though the elemental spheres are a bit too samey for me).

It also has a good, clean UI which is rare for the genre
>>
>>335908418

What didn't you like about 2?
>>
>>335908597
been fucklong, but pretty sure it was mainly the new leader system.
>>
>>335908597
>>335908725
should clarify after searching a bit, though not completely sure im right. in first age of wonders your leader was mobile and there was a fuckload of variety for how you could build him. (with some skills only obtainable on creation)

in the second game, your leader is essentially the capital
>>
>>335907919
Good
>>
It's good. Not meme enough for people to talk about it.
>>
>>335908418
It's more fun than 2, but honestly it plays more like 2 than it does the first, so you may not enjoy it as much.
I thought it was alright, although I'll confess that I missed the simpler, almost tabletop feeling of the first.
>>
>>335909601
plays as the first with the leader system
>>
>>335911802
>>335912163
alright ill keep both in mind, thank you. prolly will end up buying since it was the leader system that bothered me the most.

just a question, does it come with a level editor this time too?
>>
>>335911802
how is it regarding content? hearing its rather shallow
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.