[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is the SCPH-1002 playstation the audiophile psx? I work at a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
is the SCPH-1002 playstation the audiophile psx?

I work at a thrift store and one just came in. should I grab it for myself?

if it's the audiophile one what is the resell price liek?
>>
What?
>>
>>335906672
Proper tests show the quality is placebo, and no the 1001 is the audiophile one. If you actually had one it would be worth about 50% to 100% more then a later one.
>>
>>335906808
I don't know apparently the are psones with a certain serial number that have components of a high end CD player. I'm talking ones that supposedly would cost you $5k and upwards.

then again it is typical audiophile placebo where it really just sounds like a regular CD player
>>
>>335906907
>If you actually had one it would be worth about 50% to 100% more then a later one.
Bullshit, because despite being the audiophile model, it's also the first model which is notorious for having the laser die, so you gotta fuck with the system like placing it diagonally or upside down to get it to read discs. They're also super common among the original models, so if you're paying more than $20 for it, you're getting ripped off
>>
>>335907025
I was curious to test the quality for myself against my later model and the 1001 was always about 45-60 AUD compared to 30 AUD for a normal one. Might be different now or in other countries.
>>
its a good cd player you can get for a low price on account of its age, due to its DAC. i think it applies to the 1001 models instead of the 1002.

I would get it as a CD player for novelty value, but my library of flac is good enough for me
>>
>People are still falling for this meme
>>
File: 1433648737927.jpg (64 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
1433648737927.jpg
64 KB, 600x960
>>335906672
Audiophile retards need to be gassed. They are worse than 60fps cucks that think there is any tangible difference between 30fps and 60fps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIuNZAQIoEE
>>
it was a good cd player in the 90s maybe. lmao people are getting memed. the ps2 was considered a good dvd player in its day but does anyone still buy ps2s for its dvd playback? no. so what's the difference? audiofool gullibility.
>>
>people bought the psx for playing CDs
>people bought the ps2 to watch DVDs
>people bought the ps3 for Blurays
>people bought the ps4 for ???
>>
When it was released the PS1 had a very good DAC for its price (plus you got a game console as well.) The myth that it has some legendary DAC worth thousands even today is just being pushed by audiophile morons and resellers trying to unload PS1s.
>>
>>335907840
games
>>
>>335907848
This, due to PS2 having perfect backwards compatibility there's no real reason for people to buy a PS1 over a PS2. But resellers have to push their PS1s somehow.
>>
>>335907840
Streaming 4k movies
>>
>>335907840
Netflix
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.