[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best girl in ds3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7
File: image.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Best girl in ds3?
>>
>>335906532
That's not Karla.
>>
File: Ethereal.jpg (151 KB, 1200x1372) Image search: [Google]
Ethereal.jpg
151 KB, 1200x1372
>>335906532
What is that ethereal doing in a souls game
>>
>>335906625
This. She might be a rehash of the Demons Souls witch but she's still da bess by a longshot. Which says more about DS3's waifu candidates than anything.

>>335907482
Those knees gross me out more than the rest combined.
>>
>>335907676
>>335906625

>Karla has the same image, same set with same item description, same dialogue, same way you save her.
>best girl in DS3
I'm starting to see why idiots dont care about the lack of creativity in the soul games, specially in 3.
>>
>tfw can't get summoned for Darkmopn Blades

I just want to make Captain Yorshka proud
>>
>>335908125
Did you read my post? It was a backhanded insult about how shite the remaining waifu catalogue of DS3 was.

>>335908305
You don't mind the creepy skeleton arms and babyface?

Unless you count the Dancer of the Boreal Valley.
>>
>>335907676

>He don't like digitigra

Actually that isn't really like most digitigrade legs, it's like someone fucked up a human fibula.
>>
>>335908125
It's pretty telling if there's people out there who's favourite DaS3 character isn't even from DaS3.

I think Greirat, the hunchback guy and the guy with no legs are the only truly original DaS3 characters.
>>
>>335906532
Where do you even find her?
>>
>>335908125
>the lack of creativity in the soul games

Oh, wow. You really enjoy being a contrarian, don't you?
>>
>>335908539
You know that rotating tower thing in anor londo, return it to its original position and walk out the top stairs onto an invisible platform to reach her tower
>>
>>335908539
Somewhere between irithyll of the boreal valley and anor londo
>>
>>335908539
Anor Londo. When you go up the old rotating tower right before the bonfire you use the exit that faces off into nothing and walk on the invisible floor.
>>
>>335906532
She looks like a skeleton wearing skin
>>
>>335906532
This no pump-a-rump
>>
File: 1460718707632.jpg (87 KB, 400x499) Image search: [Google]
1460718707632.jpg
87 KB, 400x499
>>335908646
He's not wrong though, I can't count how many time i've heard DaS3 described as being a "Best Of" of the souls series.

Something that's usually associated with pleb-pandering cash-in compilation albums somehow becomes a 10/10 "masterpiece" when the concept is translated to video games.
>>
>>335908125
I mean just try naming a better one

Rosario's deformed and mute

Anri is railroaded into being your destined waifu despite having no chemistry beyond mutually beneficial questlines

Yuria is Kaathe's double agent

Shrine Handmaiden's a one-note yes woman

The Lothric priestess is old

Yorshka looks like a hungry skeleton wearing a baby fleshmask

I'll give you Sirris and Irina, though. Karla's still better because she neither betrays you should you fall in with the wrong crowd and even after years of prison rape she still has better self-esteem than the wannabe firekeeper.

>>335908528
To be fair Soul of Cinder is basically Solaire, Gwyn and both MCs in one incandescent gestalt so it's kind of unfair for everyone else.

>>335908492
I think digitira can be done right, it's just as you said it looks more like a human fibula that got broken and never healed right
>>
>>335908646
Dark Souls 3 has so many throwbacks that it's on par with Final Fantasy 9 with how little they actually thought up for the world itself without borrowing from previous titles. Even the final stretch across the bridge to Princes is a throwback to 1-1.
>>
File: 1402643075603.png (225 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1402643075603.png
225 KB, 750x750
>>335908727
>>335908750
>invisible platform
Oh for fucks sake
>>
that's a boy

OCEEEELOOTTTTTEEE
>>
>>335906532
>miss one questline
>enter rosarias finger because of that sweet respec
>get blocked from entering purple fun and moonblade punishers until ng+

Thanks from software.
>>
>>335909091
I saw the bonfire in the distance but figured I could get to it later because it was invisible.
>>
>>335909012
>Anri is railroaded into being your destined waifu despite having no chemistry beyond mutually beneficial questlines
But that only happens in the Dark end, and it wasn't even a romantic thing
>>
>>335909150
>can't meet Patches until you open the Cathedral door and then reload the area
>the only way to open it is to push through the entire level up to the boss fight
>you've got absolutely no reason to return to the area afterwards so you never find out about it
>miss out of Siegward in the well for the same reason
I've got no idea what went through their heads when they did this one. Only reason I was able to complete Sirris' questline was because I accidentally found her summon sign on the Irithyl bridge while running back through the area dicking around waiting to invade as an aldritch.
>>
>>335908879

People love DaS3 that much because it's everything the series has been but more polished. And, no, nobody cares about waifushit.
Anyway, there that guy was talking about "the soul games", about the whole series, as you can see I didn't even quote what he wrote about DaS3.
>>
>>335909354
Well is being killed off unceremoniously/coming at you in a silent fury that much of an improvement? I certainly don't think so.

>wasn't even a romantic thing

Admittedly the whole thing was kind of ambiguous and confusing until I remembered what Vendrick said about breaking the cycle and realised you were gaining a Darksign's power from her, but it would have been nice to see her opinion on the whole issue instead of beginning with her lying on the bed and ending with her and Yuria kneeling before you
>>
>>335909993
Yeah but neither of those are the "destined waifu" category
>>
>>335909846
>but more polished

It really isn't though. DaS3 literally does nothing that the other Souls games didn't, nor does it even do it better.
>>
>>335909846
>People love DaS3 that much because it's everything the series has been but more polished.

I'm laughing, mate. This is the worst of the series from a mechanical standpoint.

>Armor is worthless.
>Spells are worthless.
>Weapon arts are worthless.
>Anything other than straight swords are worthless.
>Estus is unpunishable so bosses have to one or two shot you to even stand a chance.
>Everyone has ninja-flip rolls for free.
>Dual wielding mechanics were actually removed.
>>
>>335910346
all the lies
>>
>>335910138
Fair enough, those were what I meant so I misrepresented what I was talking about by mentioning waifus in the first place. I still don't like her because her entire character arc has absolutely nothing to do with the ending that involves her the most, so if the game doesn't care about her personality and opinion on breaking the cycle I don't see a reason to either.

>>335910346
>spells are worthless

To be fair both previous games had people complaining spells were OP.

I will say the unpunishable healing mechanic in Lorian's fight made me fucking salty though. I can put up with *teleports behind you* but those invicibility frames were just cheap ways to prolong the royal bros' fight
>>
>>335909846
People love DaS 3 that much because they love eating shit
>>
>>335910393

I have only posted facts, with a bit of hyperbole -- there are obviously a few exceptions.
>>
>>335910656
Lorian is incredibly easy with a tiny health pool in both phases so it hardly matters.
>>
>>335906532
she has an incredibly cute voice, I'll give her that.
>>
>>335910346
Also, you forgot

>shitty gimmick dragon fight where you run away and then oneshot it by landing on its' head

Especially grating because the thing looked huger than any previous dragon yet the game failed to deliver anything like Kalameet or Sinh's encounters

>>335910727
Meh. It just pisses me off because it breaks up the flow of combat.
>>
File: images-14.jpg (17 KB, 363x405) Image search: [Google]
images-14.jpg
17 KB, 363x405
>>335908125
Also: same "I was so raped the monsters/jailers got tired of me" XD

At least in DeS there was the duality with sage Freke. In DS3 almost all the characters seem oblivious of each other.
>>
File: anri of astora.jpg (71 KB, 371x526) Image search: [Google]
anri of astora.jpg
71 KB, 371x526
>>335906532
She has a qt voice, and I feel very sorry for her.

Pic relatted is my favourite. ;______;
>>
>>335910656
>To be fair both previous games had people complaining spells were OP.

That really doesn't excuse spells being so terrible this time around -- it's not like it will retroactively balance the previous games.

And speaking only for PvE, a player can restrain himself from abusing overpowered spells but he can't do anything to make bad spells good.
>>
>>335906532
do covenant standings carry over to ng+
that bitches covenant is pissing me off, i just got the ring but i still need the miracle.
but i also want to do NG++
>>
>>335910967
Like I said to the other guy-you have to understand, I don't even disagree. I'm not going to pretend she ain't a complete copypaste. I'm saying she's the best out of a bad bunch.

I'd say the obliviousness set in as early as DS2 but yeah, it's particularly pertinent in DS3 when several covenants have devolved into you bowing at nothing (Sunbros), sitting next to a broken statue (dragon covenant) and even the leaders of the few remaining organized ones admit they're utterly purposeless (Rosaria, darkmoon).

I know this might be part of the game's point but it doesn't change the fact it makes it much harder to care about any of the characters
>>
>>335911090
Dark magic has become the shittiest. How is that acceptable when you encounter it only in the last part of the game?
>>
>>335911090
Point.

That said while Dark has gone utterly shite (appropriately enough since the last child of the dark became a prison bitch) I did watch some decent pyromancy/sorceror PvP builds, so I dunno. Maybe I just have to git gud.

Soul steam looks great when pulled off right.
>>
>>335910995
I like how all of the outcomes in her questline involves her dying.

Or him if you're a girl playing faggot
>>
>>335910346
>Armor is worthless.
You need at least some armor for that flat damage reduction. Other than that, yeah it's more useless, but it does allow you to play for fashion more easily and prevents retarded situations like 90% of the playerbase using mask of the mother.

>Spells are worthless.
After so many Souls games with OP magic, it's about time.

>Weapon arts are worthless.
WA's give a ton of hyper armor and can easily break through shields. They're handy as fuck.

>Anything other than straight swords are worthless.
Say that to my Profaned Greatsword :^)

>Estus is unpunishable so bosses have to one or two shot you to even stand a chance.
Literally like every other Souls game. It's not even as fast as in BB, where vial usage speed was plain ridiculous.

>Everyone has ninja-flip rolls for free.
Nobody midrolled in DaS1 anyway, and there's nothing in the game that's as broken as DWGR. The Carthus Bloodring comes close, but gives a huge penalty to your defences.

>Dual wielding mechanics were actually removed.
I'd take dedicated dual-swords over those shitty stance movesets anyday.
>>
>>335911153
please respond
>>
The one you marry.
>>
>>335911607

>>Estus is unpunishable so bosses have to one or two shot you to even stand a chance.
>Literally like every other Souls game.

I'm playing DS2 again as we speak, so I know you're full of shit. DS3 estus is the fastest estus we've ever had and they give you a million of them.
>>
Anyone else unable to log into the server on the PS4?
>>
>>335911792
You see that dark ooze you absorb after you shove your ceremonial sword into her unkindled flesh?

That's the physical manifestation of your shit taste.
>>
>>335911254
Yeah. There are a lot of things that ask of you to relate them to previous games instead of giving you a proper story behind them. Bad use of meta-text.
>>
>>335911872
DS3 Estus was pretty fair, the shards and bone dust or whatever were hidden well and anverage players or people who didn't explore would probably not have more than 7-8 flasks above +4 by the end of the game. Plus you can actually dial it back and allot some to the blue flask if 15 makes the game too easy for you.
>>
>>335911872
>DS3 estus is the fastest estus we've ever had
DEX speeds up Estus usage in DaS1, and boosting AG in DaS2 makes it almost as fast. Not only that, DaS2 had slow, lumbering bosses for the majority of the game and most enemies are almost as bad, while DaS3 tends to operate at BB speed. Finally, there's no 99 lifegems system in place, and I believe the sippy limit is 15, and that's only if you collect all the shards. Meanwhile you can easily get 20 of them by killing the weakest boss of DaS1.
>>
check my 7
>>
>>335912443
>DEX speeds up Estus usage in DaS1, and boosting AG in DaS2 makes it almost as fast.

Please, stop lying. And even if this were the case, the fact that you need stat investment to achieve what DS3 gives you right from the start is enough to show how terrible DS3's system is.

> DaS3 tends to operate at BB speed.

Which makes it all the more ridiculous how easy it is to drink flasks without getting hit.

> Finally, there's no 99 lifegems system in place

I'm not going to defend that, I'm just talking about estus.
>>
What are you even supposed to do with her? It just says Do Nothing for me.
>>
>>335912972
You need the Dorkmoon gesture from Sirris. If you've been in contact with Rosaria at all then try again next playthrough.
>>
>>335913042
welp, another scene missed because of the fucked up conditions.
>>
>>335912836
>the fact that you need stat investment to achieve what DS3 gives you right from the start is enough to show how terrible DS3's system is
You say that like having to invest in stats to get i-frames on your rolls wasn't the second biggest complaint about DaS2, right after soul memory. And nobody even really knew about DEX and item usage/casting speed boosts in DaS1 for years, so you ended up with katanaweebs chugging estus all day and thinking they were hot shit. It's by no means a negative that the playground is equalized for more builds this time around. Same goes for rolls.
>>
>>335913229
The latest patch specifically says that they've eased up on how much of a bitch Sirris is, but it's still vague so I've got no idea how she'll react to anything.
>>
>>335913354

>Estus is bad this time around.
>But ADP in DS2 was also bad!

What the fuck kind of argument is that? Never post again.
>>
>>335913042
>tfw got the gesture from sirris joined rosaria and then later joined darkmoons still
>>
>>335913492
>nobody complained about Estus in DaS1
>everybody and their dog complained about Lifegems and AG issues related to Estus in DaS2
>DaS3 is like DaS1 again but without the subtle DEX scaling giving some builds an unfair advantage
>this is somehow bad
Fair warning, don't ever play BB. The vial speed (and ensuing bullet spam in PvP) is going to give you a heart attack.
>>
So what's the most OP build+weapon combo right now? I'm talking PvP against mildly experienced players or better, not scrubs that walk into Greatsword's second Mouse1.
Quality + washing pole or uchi?
Dex and faith+ estoc?
>>
>>335910656
>To be fair both previous games had people complaining spells were OP.
>what is middle ground
>>
>>335907676

>rehash

but the fucking vendor that uses emotion based shit is literally the Yuria of dark souls 3, stop shitposting faggot
>>
>>335906532

>she

good joke

look at that manface jesus christ, look at those ayylmao eyes, those fucking tentacles on her neck, it's a fucking skeleton as well, "she" my ass, it's 99% ocelotte doing the transvestite like good brother gwyndolin taught him to do
>>
>>335913876
At least you can parry vials with your gun.
>>
>>335915305
She's got a tail. She's a half-breed like Priscilla.
>>
>>335915446
She's also got head tentacles and shit though.

Gwyndolin has got snakes for legs and isn't considered a halfbreed, I think Yorshka is just all fucked up like him.
>>
>>335915559
Reminds me more of Seath with those tentacles.
>>
>>335911563
Not all outcomes kill her, if you kill the assassin, she will (probably) go hollow and depending if you told her where Horace is, she will stay at his grave or some roof if I remember that correctly.
>>
>no titty monsters in DS3
Fucking shame, man.
>>
>>335916393
MODS
>>
>>335916545
there wasn't supposed to be one in DaS1 either
>>
>>335916078

She goes hollow no matter what.

Either at his corpse or at the catacombs looking for him. She loved him.
>>
>>335906625
Supreme taste.
>>
>>335907676
Why did they call include a straight copy of Yuria, name her Karla and then name a completely different character Yuria?
>>
File: 1450358567148.jpg (113 KB, 463x462) Image search: [Google]
1450358567148.jpg
113 KB, 463x462
>>335906532
I killed her for her chime.
>>
>>335916945
Why did he go hollow anyway
>>
>>335915559
>>335915816
Cut content 100% confirms it. She's a crossbreed. Like Priscilla.

They said so on the description for her clothing.
>>
>>335917225
Nigga probably got murdered a bunch in the catacombs by skeletons. Fell down into the lake and lost hope.
>>
>>335917225
because he is at one of the worst levels in the game and he knows it, fucking balista man. Also mute, probally thinks he is frinedzoned, yadayada
>>
>>335917331
So who are the parents. She says Gwyndolin is her brother so did Gwyn fuck a dragon or did a dragon fuck Gwyn's wife
>>
>>335917687
Maybe they're related on their mother's side.
>>
>>335917225
died falling from the bridge, both he and Anri are hollow under their helms, that one death must've pushed him over the edge
or maybe it was that combined with not finding Anri, they're pretty obviously in love
>>
>>335917687
>She says Gwyndolin is her brother
Could be a half-brother. Or some sort of fucked up situation where her real lineage is hidden and they've lied about who she is and merely raised her as his sister.
>>
>>335917687
>>335917789
>>335918005
I bet Yorshka is the result of Oceiros + Gwynevere. Gwynevere was Queen of Lothric... Oceiros was King and became consumed by Seath's madness. Yorshka/Priscilla look like Seath in terms of coloration.
>>
>>335917854
>was that combined with not finding Anri, they're pretty obviously in love

thats really gay bro,
>>
>>335919619
it's either really gay or really straight, bruh
Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.