[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why haven't you preloaded Battleborn yet, Anon? https:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10
File: battleborn-preload.png (854 KB, 950x565) Image search: [Google]
battleborn-preload.png
854 KB, 950x565
Why haven't you preloaded Battleborn yet, Anon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV6-000-Xso
>>
what even is battleborn?
>>
>>335904072
Battleborn is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Battleborn heroes!
>>
>>335904151
man, sounds BADASS!
great badass game for badasses like us
>>
>>335904225

Thats right anon! You can pre-load it on Steam right now! From the makers of Aliens Colonial Marines!
>>
>>335904040
Oh man, an anime sale.
>>
>>335904327
Whoah whoah whoah, slow down daddio. Aliens Colonial marines?! But didn't that game suck?
>>
>>335904040
>Why haven't you preloaded Battleborn yet
AHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>335904390
Shooo, weeaboo, this thread isn't for you.
>>
File: 1458265534789.jpg (271 KB, 424x511) Image search: [Google]
1458265534789.jpg
271 KB, 424x511
>>335904327
>>
Not even trying to be snarky here, but does this game genuinely have any hope of not crashing and burning? Even if it wasn't releasing in a period where it gets completely outshone by about 3 or 4 other games, it still seemed incredibly mediocre from what I played of the open beta.
>>
>>335904559
No. It's a colossal fuckup from beginning to end. It's out in four days and the PS4 version is #58 on the Amazon.com videogames chart and #40 on Steam.

I'm trying to remember the last time such a huge title crashed and burned so hard as this and I'm struggling.
>>
>>335904559
Very marginal, even if the game itself isn't bad it's basically been completely swept under the carpet with the only promotion really being in Gamestops and those promote shit like Alekhine's Gun. Completely overshadowed by Overwatch and honestly not that great of an idea
>>
>>335904559
People will busy playing overwatch beta
>>
>>335904741
They've been marketing it a ton, the problem is that nobody remembers the marketing because it's fucking awful and they keep struggling to convey what the game is.
>>
>>335904689
>I'm trying to remember the last time such a huge title crashed and burned so hard as this and I'm struggling.
Brink.
at least thats the last one I remember
>>
File: 1457409178852.gif (1017 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1457409178852.gif
1017 KB, 500x281
>>335904863
They don't really convey what the game is at all, all they do is try to make it look like "BORDERLANDS BUT MORE BADASS AND EPIC", I mean yeah Overwatch is guilty of not promoting what the game actually is too but it's also not trying to be an FPS MOBA so there's less to explain, hell even the idea of an FPS MOBA would be hard to sell to people without knowledge of stuff like MNC.
>>
>>335904930
Brink is a good one, even if that was years ago. I actually think it had a good launch week though.

You could say something like ESO/TOR but MMORPG bombs are cheating.
>>
I already preordered, just not through steam
>>
>>335904040
Why would I buy that shit when I can get Overwatch?
>>
>>335904930
>>335905034
>Brink has sold "more than 2.5 million worldwide"

Battleborn is going to be lucky to sell 100k worldwide.
>>
>>335904689
Evolve.
>>
>>335905561
Evolve sold well (2K said 2.5m shipped in an earnings call) but it died quick. I also doubt it was a big-budget title.
>>
Preordered through a keyseller for cheap.

The beta made me come to terms with the fact that every multiplayer game I like is either niche as fuck or doomed to failure.
>>
>>335904040
Because I'm getting Overwatch
>>
>>335904040
I have, I think it's fun
>>
>>335905768
Well pretty sure Battleborn is just trying to recoup some of the loss from BIA Furious Four being cancelled.
>>
>>335905561
Evolve doesn't even compare to Brink. Evolve sort of fizzled out gradually over the space of a year.

Brink just dropped instantly. No support. DLCs cancelled. No bug fixes. No refunds.
It was glorious.
and i fell for the brink meme
>>
>>335904040
I played the beta and it was meh

also
>memes
>>
>>335906132
Why did Brink get so much hype and why did it suck so much? It completely passed me by (and, no, I'm not underage - I'm not even sure why I missed it)
>>
>>335906383
>I'm not underage
You wish
>>
>>335906513
kek, I'm in my late 20s. I just basically missed out on the 360 gen.
>>
>>335906383
it got hype because it was made by Bethesda and people were expecting it to be Oblivion/fallout3 tier
it sucked because it ended up just being a TF2 clone with a story tacked onto the missions.
Though personally I thought it was pretty fun and shame it died as quickly as it did
>>
>>335906383
Parkour system was hyped to shit. In the end, it was shit because light, medium and heavy determined your movement speed and movement abilities - there was no point to making a heavy.

Character customization sucked; the artstyle got super ugly after about 10 hours of gameplay, and plus there were so few options to make your character. They all sucked and had limited palettes.

DLC was terrible. They had the balls to say that there would be day 1 DLC (back when this was still a big deal), and on top of that they wanted to release the Agents of Change DLC. The game launch went HORRIBLE (see next), so they tried to say that anyone who played until a certain date would get the DLC for free. Also keep in mind, once the Agents of Change DLC came out, that was it. We never heard anything else ever again - there was maybe 3 total patches for Brink.

Shit launch. Driver issues upon launch with AMD cards; unplayable until the following week.

Story was awful. The "story" is just a shitty, terribly animated, awkwardly stiff cutscene that plays for about 30 seconds before each mission. Nothing is really discussed or elaborated on - for all intensive purposes, the resistance is the crazy guys who want to get off the Ark and find help, and Security are the guys who don't want them to?

It was totally dead within 3 months.
>>
>>335906383
Because PARKOUR was the thing during that time and an online FPS with 'parkour' seemed like a good idea.
>>
>>335906840
>In the end, it was shit because light, medium and heavy determined your movement speed and movement abilities - there was no point to making a heavy.
I meant medium* if you wanted to play the medic class, you typically went heavy so you could just survive the longest and toss out the most revives before you went down yourself
>>
you mean Bloodborne?
>>
>>335904559
They thought Borderlands style craziness would work well in a MOBA/PvE setting. They also thought they can charge full retail price for this game by 'providing coop campaigns'. Especially in an age where entitled players expect multiplayer games to be free or cheap cuz they are afraid of having no one to play against.

I really can imagine where they could have fucked up
>>
>Releasing alongside Overwatch, Doom, and in the aftermath of Dark Souls 3
>Marketing still can't figure out how to sell this game
This is going to be fun to watch.
>>
>Friend tries to get me to play the open beta
>Look up screenshots and gameplay
>Gun takes up half the fucking screen and the hud is a mass cluster fuck.

No thank you.
>>
>>335906840
Interesting, thanks Anon, although you don't really explain why it was hyped as much as it was and why it was so bad.

Like, why was it so hyped in terms of gameplay and why did it suck? I'm still not totally sure what type of game it's meant to be.

(That reminds me about APB, a megabomb I DO remember)
>>
>>335906742
>because it was made by Bethesda
Why can't people understand that the publisher isn't the dev team?
>>
>>335907378
Not that guy, but the maps were shit. Chokepoints and boring spammy rifles create boring gameplay. Variety was superficial and game was dumbed down compared to Enemy Territory etc.
>>
>>335904040
Because it's utter shit?
Seriously, the only good thing about this thing is some character designs. Gameplay sucks and screen is surcharged
>>
>>335907378
It was widely hyped because it was a team based shooter with unique classes, movement variety and was said to be the "spiritual successor" to Enemy Territory.

Then it came out, a month later the hype was completely dead. Very little content, the parkour was under utilized and the weapons were very unbalanced.

I'm positive that Bethesda rushed the developer to throw out the game when it wasn't finished.
>>
2bh if it was like $20 I'd buy it just to try
>>
File: CgGki17W8AA4OOg.jpg (216 KB, 1268x406) Image search: [Google]
CgGki17W8AA4OOg.jpg
216 KB, 1268x406
On the left, a joke image made several years ago to make fun of the direction video games were headed.

On the right, an actual screenshot from battleborn.
>>
>>335908813
Just wait until a week after it has been released kek
>>
>>335904040
I thoroughly dislike the artstyle. Something about it just seems to remind me of borderlands but uglier.
I'm guessing the enemies are bullet sponges here too, right?
>>
#1 real reason why this game sucks
The game modes

The Smite ripoff mode becomes so one sided in a matter of seconds and these characters are imbalanced by their toolset not damage output. Hell I won a majority of the game I played during OB and had about 19 kills per game...I main the cleric character
>>
>>335907235
>/v/ doesnt play games
What a surprise.
>>
>>335904040
Doesnt even have 4k views. This game is gonna bomb SOOOOO hard and i feel bad for any of you who is gonna play this dead on arrival game.

Im gonna give you a better alternative: Play Overwatch

Same kind of game only much faster TTK and movement speed, faster gameplay, shorter matches, only has the good bits og ASSFAGGOTS, gonna have a HUGE community because it is a polished blizzard game.
>>
>>335909020
I get the feeling just by looking at it that it was originally a borderlands game but then reskinned somewhere along the line
>>
>>335909168
Was probably an expansion pack until they realised that even these characters wouldn't fit well into borderlands. All in all this game never interested me even since it's first unveiling.
>>
>>335909154
Yeah and that's another thing Battleborn is Grindy as hell. Almost MMO levels of grind and the grind isn't even cosmetic most of the time. You need to grind for skill tree mutations on some characters hell you need to grind to unlock half the cast in the first place
>>
File: Hunted.gif (1 MB, 285x285) Image search: [Google]
Hunted.gif
1 MB, 285x285
>>335909406
I bought it because I really enjoyed the open beta even though this game will probably die in a month
>>
>>335909154
I kind of feel sorry for the devs. All the time, money and effort for a doa game. Must feel bad.

I always think this, whether it's a bomb game or movie or whatever. It's kind of sad seeing a slow-motion trainwrevk about to hit and knowing nothing can be done about it.
>>
SMNC probably lasted longer than this will.

Nobody will pay for a MOBA that isn't even as good as free shit.
>>
File: 1456967701905.png (254 KB, 501x660) Image search: [Google]
1456967701905.png
254 KB, 501x660
>>335904040
Tried it out at Pax East, didn't like it that much. Atleast they gave me a free pin and T-shirt
>>
is it launching with Australian servers?

i mean i figure it would be since it's B2P but i'd like to be sure.
>>
>>335909615
Every character has 2 different ways to unlock them though. Grinding is always the 2nd option, the others are pretty simple and easy to get.
>>
>>335909825
>trying to play online shooters in Australia
>>
>>335904040
Because the open beta showed me how shitty and meme-riddled it is.
>>
>>335909834
There is no need to "lock" them in the first place.
>>
>>335908901
>That FoV
>>
>>335909875
not sure what you're memeing about friend

any game with dedicated servers (or custom hosted ones) had australian ones on launch

i've heard Battleborn uses purely matchmaking though so again, i'd like to be sure.
>>
>>335904040
Because it looks like shit. Watched some half hour of gameplay and it looks like the most boring shit to come out in a long time.
>>
File: 1461923421084.gif (703 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1461923421084.gif
703 KB, 245x245
>>335904327

>From the makers of Aliens Colonial Marines!

D R O P P E D
>>
File: 1337107568910.jpg (55 KB, 272x152) Image search: [Google]
1337107568910.jpg
55 KB, 272x152
>>335904390
>bought Danganronpa instead of Battleborn

I am happy with my decision.
>>
>>335909154
I would, but the thought of giving Blizzard money makes my innards crawl.

I was hoping there would be a fresh casual class-based FPS multiplayer game that doesn't involve me handing my money to literally Videogame-satan
>>
>>335910309
There is nothing casual about Overwatch.
>>
>>335909692
Better enjoy what you can, and I hope you manage to get some of your money back if you choose to sell it.
I'm judging the game by its looks, which isn't always a good thing, but over the years I found if a game looks unappealing then chances are I won't like it.

That held true for the last 23 years so I think it works.
>>
>>335909154
I'd love to get Overwatch, but it feels like something that would die really hard as well as being worried about Blizzard's "Most classes/characters are shit for one year" philosophy
>>
>>335909406
Remember how It looked like Gearbox was setting borderlands up for something with all that shit in pre sequel about a war coming and how the characters needed to get all the Vault hunters they could for it.
I am willing to bet both my testicles that, that plot point was reskined into this cause just looking at the trailer that show off the characters you can kinda see how certain characters could have started as borderlands just going on the shit they can do
>>
File: 929eisv.png (507 KB, 718x989) Image search: [Google]
929eisv.png
507 KB, 718x989
Found it pretty fun during the open beta. The HUD needs some serious toning down however.
I also want to bang Orendi even if she's obnoxious as fuck
>>
>>335904040
Because it wasn't very fun.
>enemies even more bullet sponge than BL
>humor consists of screaming epic maymays
>graphics are flat nondescript textures, even skyboxes are mostly one color
>skills are dull
>entire game is grinding gear that sucks and chars
>>
>>335910456
So is it CS:GO tier?
CS:GO tier is the borderline where casual stops, and non-casual begins (followed by CS 1.6, quake, Unreal Etc)
>>
>>335910642
I looked up the synopsis for battleborn and it's about defending the last star from an "ancient evil".
Your probably right. Don't know how they thought this game would sell.
>>
>>335910984
>HAHA LE FUNNY -NOT- TINY TINA xd
>>
>>335911021
I think it's more hardcore than CS:GO at lowbie tiers. It's pretty easy to get started at CS. Overwatch requires you to understand more than walking forward and shooting gun at an enemy that shows up eventually.
>>
>>335911203
Yeah its more about figuring out an unstoppable flavour of the patch comp that you will use on every map with no counters unless your team uses the same comp that will get nerfed the next patch. Repeat ad infinitum
>>
>>335911203
and you've just proved to me that I was right to doubt your opinion.
Overwatch is casual, which is what I am looking for, but it's Blizzard, so no cigar.
>>
>>335911129
yeah and here is a few things I noticed about some of the characters from that trailer I mentioned and how similar they are to BL characters
>one character is a chick with a sword/shield that appears to block damage similar to Athena
>a guy that punched shit similar to Bricks action skill
>a sniper with a bird that attacks enemies similar to Mordecai
>a guy that can throw axes and looks like he might be similar to Kreig
I would probably be able to pick up more but that trailer was long as fuck and I don't want to watch it again
>>
>>335911382
I don't know what you are talking about. Kills matter jack shit in Overwatch. Shit tier CS games are won by random kills. In Overwatch you will get nowhere if that's all you do.
>>
>>335911662
Yeah I think its safe to say this game resuses quite a few assets, or ideas anyway. I'll probably pick it up for less than 10 bucks
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.