[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have $59.99 in my Steam wallet and I am thinking about getting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: mb.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mb.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1080
I have $59.99 in my Steam wallet and I am thinking about getting Dark Souls 3. Is it worth it? I have never played a Souls game. If not what should I get instead? >inb4 Need for Speed.
>>
>>335902892
>I have never played a Souls game
Start with Dark Souls 1
>>
If this Need for Speed implication isn't ironic then buy Need for Speed. If it is, buy Dark Souls 1
>>
>>335902892
Start with Demon Souls or Dark Souls 1 and save money. DS3 plays like a fusion of both games and if you end up liking them you will appreciate much more of the content in ds3.
>>
>>335902892
BTW Dark Souls 1 is a complete shit port. It even lags in the same place as the PS3 Version on my gtx 970
>>
>>335902892
Dark Souls is not a game series for stupid people. What I mean is the games aren't hard if you're observant and willing to experiment. A lot of people don't bother reading item descriptions to find out what they do, they don't explore levels to find shortcut and treasure, they walk into obvious traps, don't learn enemy attacks and when faced with a boss they just redo the fight over and over never doing anything different. That's what people mean when they say "git gud", you should be learning from your mistakes.

If you understand that, then they're pretty good action adventure sorta games where you run around and fight stuff. As someone who's played all the Souls games 3 might be the best in the series, but as others have said you might wanna start with the older cheaper games to see if you like the general gameplay.
>>
>>335903079
They're all the same fucking shit. It doesn't matter where he starts.
>>
>>335903757
You got DSFix right?
>>
>>335903931
I had it until I kept falling through the world and dying (A side effect of DSFix). It looked ok but still lagged at the heavy load parts (Bridge Drake Fire for instance).
>>
>>335902892
> I have never played a Souls game.

Then start with Dark Souls 1: great entry point, easier and cheaper.
>>
>>335903757
>>335904632

I have DSFix and it has never lagged.
>>
File: RkJ7iVF.gif (237 KB, 832x480) Image search: [Google]
RkJ7iVF.gif
237 KB, 832x480
you will buy me a game because you're a nice person
>>
>>335903890
He's gonna miss a whole lot of shit if he starts with 3. Both references to past games and in terms of mechanics. DaS3 actually kind of relies on the player being familiar with the series and how a lot of the systems work
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.