[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Still unbeatable. Is this the end of PC piracy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10
File: 12074241364l.jpg (10 KB, 477x249) Image search: [Google]
12074241364l.jpg
10 KB, 477x249
Still unbeatable.

Is this the end of PC piracy?
>>
No, when game companies realize that stopping piracy doesn't actually increase sales they'll stop wasting money on anti-piracy measures.
>>
>>335902113
Without anti-piracy measure everyone would steal the games instead.
>>
>>335902191
And with Anti-piracy measures they gain less money.
>>
>>335902259
>And with Anti-piracy measures they gain less money.

Lmao this piratefag mental gymnastics

Whats next? Piratefags buy more games than buyfags???
>>
>>335902259
Earning some money > no earning money at all.

You can't really blame pirates. Why would you spend money when you can get it for free?
>>
>>335901818
Nah. Chaos Theory's DRM took almost two years to crack and piracy has done quite well ever since. Denuvo isn't even halfway there yet.
>>
won't really help devs when instead of pirating we buy keys on grey market for -50/60% of the retail price
we'll find a way to fuck them either way
>>
File: 1359514350338.png (9 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1359514350338.png
9 KB, 500x500
>>335902419
I've never spent money on a game that I couldn't pirate first.
>>
What's the point of denuvo shilling? Do you also sing the praises of blu-ray cases?
>>
File: chew.png (545 KB, 756x556) Image search: [Google]
chew.png
545 KB, 756x556
>>335902259
>>
>>335902658

Trolling piratefags ( aka poorfags ) mostly.

Guaranteed replies every time from retards like you.
>>
>>335902728
>it's a shitposting thread

Good to know, OP
>>
>>335902537
Even grey market keys are preferable to piracy. $20 of $60 are still $20 compared to $0 coming from pirates.

I love how you guys claim that buying cheap keys is worse than actually pirating the game.
>>
>>335902828

I'm not OP but I'm sure he would have answered the same.
>>
>>335902419
Please, tell us how videogames became one of the most profitable industries in the world if piracy exists for 20 years?
And after, provide numbers showing how Denuvo games sold so much more than it's predecessors or it's counterparts that do not have it.
>>
>>335902829
nobody said it's worse, it's slightly better, but still.

Also, buying used is the exact same than pirating.
>>
>>335902419

Since Denuvo has been unbreakable I have not purchased a single AAA game that has it. With the last iteration of Denuvo I was able to try a game out for 6-8 hours before dishing out: Date Money, Food-on-my-family's-table Money, Money for Savings, Money for anything that wasnt a game I would end up hating.

When you grow up you will understand that paying 60 dollars for a 8 hour game with zero replayability is a very deep cut from an industry that used to give a shit.
>>
>>335901818

No.
It's actually helped increase the Indie Developer market out there due to people just not bothering to play or make popular many AAA titles.
But, there still a lot of brands, games and otherwise, that "survive" massive piracy just fine.

As Game of Thrones, Skyrim, and many others have shown, Piracy contributes to a brand in more ways than simple sales. Game of Throne's being the #1 most pirated show out there didn't phase HBO in the slightest, despite "losing out" on potentially billions of dollars in subscriptions. The popularity, in fact, helped drive the GoT brand into selling more books, selling more branded misc-goods (apparel, accessories, collectibles, etc), and helped drive HBO to deliver a cable-subscription free service that netted them millions more subscribers (HBO Now)

Skyrim is still one of the most heavily pirated games out there. With colossal "losses" to people who have invested thousands of hours into the game, without having spent a cent on it. However, the majority of these people were also the ones shouting "FUS ROH DAH" months after release still, allowing Bethesda to still print money with Skyrim related material, news, expansions, and more WAY after release. Shit, people are still making mods and youtube videos about Skyrim. Bethesda still drums up a massive stir anytime anyone on their development team says "Skyrim" in regards to a new game or release. But anti-piracy fags would like to have you believe that one of the most pirated modern games ever totally killed the company because of "loss sales" or some bullshit.

If your IP isn't good, it won't survive piracy. If it is, it'll thrive from piracy as it increases popularity. As a pirate-fag, I've yet to play a single game with Denuvo in it. And I don't regret that decision at all. I mean, the only game I've missed I remotely care about is Metal Gear Solid, but then again, I stopped caring about that series after 4 Anyway.
>>
>>335901818
it actually is beaten, scene groups just won't make it public because they dont want it to get patched. but right now i am playing hitman without having payed for it, you just need to know the right guys
>>
File: Irony.png (187 KB, 658x442) Image search: [Google]
Irony.png
187 KB, 658x442
Piratefags know in their heart they're just leeches on the industry
>>
>>335904525
Anon, just stop.
>>
File: Denovo made me cry.jpg (39 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
Denovo made me cry.jpg
39 KB, 411x411
Lets get this started

>muh SSD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GJZyeAR7H0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX379zScuZE

>Le Denuvo causes bad performance meme

Why do the majority of games using Denuvo run with no problems then?

MGSV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhsSFoYsqjQ

FIFA 15 = FIFA 16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpM5gTMUtEA

Battlefield Hardline

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP0cKgXrT6o

Star Wars Battlefront

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9pFDeRTYSI

Lords of The Fallen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tpRPiLDjFk

Mad Max

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-kWvwtXfgM

Need for Speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcayCGCrjcI

Unravel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBRPHn-JzEE
Adrift

Can't find benchmarks but here is a 3hr stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4hB_x1xdAQ

Plants vs Zombies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJCOjo8ei-4

That leaves

Far Cry Primal - Ubisoft game with bad performance and bugs... What a surprise.

Dragon Age Inquisition - It doesn't run that bad and all problems on the PC version are also in the console version which doesn't even have Denuvo.

JUST Cause 3 - Shitty port, also has bad performance on console.

Rise of the Tomb Raider - Shitty port, also runs bad on Xbone.

Hitman - shitty port performance has improved with patches.

Anno 2055 - Another Ubisoft game, say no more.

Batman AK - A shitty outsources port.

Out of the 18 games that use Denuvo only 6 have performance issues and several of which are just shitty ports.
>>
>>335904328
>n-no piracy's actually good for the industry!!!

lol fuck off kid
>>
>>335905659
google swiss study piracy
unless you can back up your opinion with facts like i just did, you can fuck right off
>>
>>335905642
TL;DR
I bet you buy games pffhahahahaaa
>>
Just stop with this cringy "I need to justify my behaviour" dogshit. You pirate shit because it's free and easy. Most of you built $1000+ PCs because "games are free anyway".

Now you're incredibely asspained because you need to buy games. You're forced to ask your parents for money because you're either underaged, students, NEETs or simply poor.
>>
>>335905881
one shitty study isn't much of a fact lol
>>
>>335906235
>I concede
Fine by me.
>>
>>335905659
Never would have bought Grim Dawn without pirating it first. I was worried because the last Diablo was a big waste.

Now, not only did I buy a copy for myself, I bought 3 other copies so my friends could play on a server with me.

This is a very common occurrence for me when shopping for games. If they're good, I'll buy several usually.
>>
>>335906235
now google dutch study piracy

where are the facts that back up your opinion? how does it feel getting cucked by the entertainment industry
>>
>>335903502
You don't need to pirate them to know if you're buying an 8-hour corridor shooter.

>what are streams
>what are reviews
>what is knowing what you like
>>
>>335906223
That's an incredibly stupid generalization.

I pirate games because if they're shit I'm not wasting money. Games I enjoy I will buy several copies, for myself and friends.

It used to be you could play demos or a level before buying, or rent a game. Now I'm supposed to trust a cutscene cgi trailer and the opinions of idiots on line as to what is good.

No, thanks. I'll keep trying before buying and any game I can't try first, I won't buy.
>>
>>335906441
http://portal.bsa.org/piracyimpact2010/index.html

In 2009, more than four out of 10 software programs installed on personal computers around the world were stolen, with a commercial value of more than $51 billion. Unauthorized software can manifest in otherwise legal businesses that buy too few software licenses, or overt criminal enterprises that sell counterfeit copies of software programs at cut-rate prices, online or offline.

However, the impact of software piracy goes beyond revenues lost to the software industry, starving local software distributors and service providers of spending that creates jobs and generates much-needed tax revenues for governments around the world.

Curbing piracy has the reverse effect, sending ripples of stimulus through the whole information technology (IT) economy. And lowering piracy faster compounds the benefits. “The Economic Benefits of Reducing Software Piracy” documents these gains in 42 countries, which represent 93 percent of the global market for PC software. Below are the key findings:
>>
>>335906772
Reducing the piracy rate for PC software by 10 percentage points — 2.5 points per year for four years — would create $142 billion in new economic activity while adding nearly 500,000 new high-tech jobs and generating roughly $32 billion in new tax revenues by 2013.

On average, more than 80 percent of the benefits of reducing PC software piracy accrue to local economies — and in some cases it is more than 90 percent

Front-loading the gain by lowering piracy 10 points in the first two years of a four-year period would compound the economic benefits by 36 percent, producing $193 billion in new economic activity by 2013 and generating $43 billion in new tax revenues.

Software has a ripple effect on the broader IT industry because selling, servicing and supporting software creates downstream economic activity. In the 42 countries covered in the study, the commercial value of unlicensed PC software put into the market amounted to $45 billion in 2009, resulting in total losses of revenue, employment and taxes from related sectors in excess of $110 billion.
>>
>>335905349
You might be correct. I for one refuse to pay for dlc when the game should've been complete on release. Buy the base game and pirate the living fuck out of the dlcs
>>
>>335906687
Why do you tell these lies anon? Do you really think we believe your bullshit?

Stop making bullshit excuses to try and justify you being a poorfag degenerate that pirates games.

There is enough content out there for every game to tell whether you will like it or not. Posting your bullshit excuses over and over isn't going to fool anyone.
>>
MOOOODDDSSS
>>
>>335905349
>game blatant copy tycoon
>thinking piracy wasn't a thing in the 80s and 90s
>>
>>335906970
>It doesn't fit my preconceived notions so it's a lie
Go talk to a mirror, it seems to be the kind of discussion you want.
>>
>Wanting me to pay for new games after I got buttraped by the jewish tactics that MKX used
It was my fault but I ain't trusting again
I will still buy any crotean game like the fanboy I am
>>
>Is this the end of PC piracy?
Ye. Look how all those games protected by denuvo sell amazingly well.
>>
>>335901818
>Still unbeatable.
But I pirated the lastest Anno game. I haven't played it yet but others at the source commented on game specifics. I don't understand.
>>
>>335906970
I'm not going to watch your shitty YouTube playthrough no matter how much you beg Anon.

I'm sorry you live on peanuts because you lack the education to make informed financial decisions, but I'm sticking to try before I buy. Thanks.

Ps. Your belief in something does not verify it's truth or fiction. The world doesn't care about you.
>>
>>335906970
>we
its only you fattie im the pirateking
>>
>>335901818
The only reason it hasn't been 'beaten' is because nobody cares enough to. If you can't play bad games for free easily, why bother playing them at all?

It's not cracked because all the games are shit. SHIT.
>>
>>335902191
Just like what happened to Dark Souls 3 right?

Or any GOG releases for that matter?
>>
>>335907281
We need some concrete sales figures. Dark souls 3 wasn't protected and it still sold 500k on Steam
>>
>>335907561
Why are you pretending to not be degenerate poorfag scum?
Do you think I actually believe your bullshit?
>>
File: sd.png (370 KB, 1691x746) Image search: [Google]
sd.png
370 KB, 1691x746
Denuvo wins again, I guess.
>>
>>335905642
>all these games run fine on a 980TI therefore Denuvo works fine

how retarded can you be
>>
>>335908416
Plenty of working torrents exist for Dark Souls 3 though.
>>
File: jc3.png (400 KB, 1682x785) Image search: [Google]
jc3.png
400 KB, 1682x785
>>335908416
Saving industry, 1 game at a time.
>>
>thinking piracy wasn't a thing in the 80s and 90s

it was a thing, but it sure wasn't as popular as it is these days
>>
File: ts3.png (279 KB, 1725x793) Image search: [Google]
ts3.png
279 KB, 1725x793
>>335908526
>>
Only shit games use it.
The only loss is MGSV but even then you can crack it with some workarounds.
>>
>>335908679
>ROTTR
>shit
never change /v/
>>
File: fc.png (381 KB, 1694x782) Image search: [Google]
fc.png
381 KB, 1694x782
I mean, imagine if these games weren't using Denuvo.

The horror.
>>
>>335902367
>Doesn't understand the concept of cost + lost sales
>>
>>335902113
>No, when game companies realize that stopping piracy doesn't actually increase sales they'll stop wasting money on anti-piracy measures.

I'm pretty sure anti-piracy DOES increase sales, kiddo.

These companies spend millions of dollars on market research proving it, and then another million dollars making denuvo. I'd rather trust them then some silly anecdote about how Josh from 8th grade bought a game after pirating it. :)
>>
>>335908774
>muh cinematic experience
>good

kek
>>
>>335908916

This.
>>
>>335907061
Console piracy was not very widespread before PS1

Computer Piracy was more rampart than ever in 80s and 90s
>>
>>335908927

What are your top 3 games of all time?
>>
>>335908856
Glad to see Primal tanked so hard. It's like they decided to make a game nobody wanted.
>>
>>335908213
MGS V sold 910k copies on Steam with Denuvo, albeit comparing it to Dark Souls is pretty hard because MGS is mostly a console exclusive series and DS is pretty niche even though gaining in popularity ever after 2009.
>>
>>335908275
I don't care about the opinions of 15 year old YouTubers. I was participating in the discussion and pointing out your obviously false generalization. If you can't handle that get of the Internet and go ask your mom to reaffirm your importance to the world son.
>>
File: feels-not fair Denuvo.jpg (206 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
feels-not fair Denuvo.jpg
206 KB, 633x758
>>335908526
>>335908614
>>335908856
DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW
>>
>>335908526
>>335908614
>>335908856

In all seriousness, these games will most likely sell even less without Denuvo.

The only thing that we don't know is how much less.
>>
Steam refunds killed any reason I ever had to pirate games.

By the time Denuvo came, Steam already killed piracy for me. Denuvo means nothing to me.
>>
>>335908927
>cinematic
Rise fixes the QTE problem from the reboot really well. But oh, I am sorry, you're just here to talk shit about games that you don't know anything about.
>>
>>335909258
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEkPWcIP0k0
>>
>>335909084
>Implying I play video games

:^)
>>
>>335901818
>still unbeatable
>several Denuvo games have been cracked

okay, keep pretending
>>
>>335909084
Not that anon seriously?. We've all seen this enough to know that no matter what he posts you'll respond with

>Those
>Good
Pick one.
>>
>>335908416
But there's torrents for Dark Souls 3, and literally no one cares about the other two games.
>>
>>335908416
I pirated DS3 an hour after release you moron
>>
>>335909535
Good argument. I'm surprised Mom let's you watch things with curses.
>>
>>335909668
>no one cares about the other two games.
Look at the numbers in the charts and tell me again no one cares.
Because it seems more people cared about them than DS3.

>>335909653
>Pick one.

>Hahahha look how much DS3 sold without Denuvo
>anon posts games that sold more with Denuvo
>b--but those aren't good games

FUCKING

KEK
>>
>>335909797
>muh arguments

Pretending not to be a poorfag whilst coming out with all kinds of BS about why you pirate games isn't "arguments"
>>
>>335909932

>games that sold more with Denuvo
where?
>>
>>335910026
And this is? Seriously does your momma know your failing at trolling as hard as you've failed at life? Am I going to have to bring this up at dinner again?
>>
>>335901818
Do you even basic security?

There is no closure in the battle between security and openness. It's the same thing as crime/punishment or terrorism/safety. Security apparatus seeks to prevent a threat, and occasionally does it very succesfully. Yet, as security apparatuses never have infinite resources, they have to allocate them and thus always have weak points that can be broken given enough time.

Denuvo might hold back pirates now, but unless Denuvo puts a lot of resources into developing its already uncracked systems (not likely, because it is an overkill), it will be broken at some point. As long as there is a culture that produces pirates, it will continue.
>>
>>335909932
>b--but those aren't good games

What the fuck does this have to do with my post?
You asked him to post the top 3 games he liked and I said that no matter what he posted you'd shit on them.
>>
>>335906772
>>335906839
http://www.bsa.org/about-bsa/bsa-members
A study about software piracy created and commissioned by several large software companies? Sounds perfectly legit, unlike the academic and unbiased studies >>335905881
and >>335906441
Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.