[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How are you guys enjoying the alpha so far? >get to the boss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: nioh-logo[1].jpg (179 KB, 1900x962) Image search: [Google]
nioh-logo[1].jpg
179 KB, 1900x962
How are you guys enjoying the alpha so far?

>get to the boss on the ship
>he has so much health my weapon loses all durability during the fight
I have 13 skill and mainly use the katana. I also have no idea what i'm doing
>>
Download is finished soon
Any tips?
Never played Ninja Gaiden/Onimusha game before
>>
I played last night and I have to get used to the mechanics. And there are a lot of people who wanna 1v1 me. Wtf
>>
File: Harakiri sword.jpg (124 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Harakiri sword.jpg
124 KB, 1366x768
>>335898854
It's okay anon a lot of us don't know what we're doing; but we're enjoying it anyway.
>>
This game is hard.
I've beaten DaS, DeS, Bloodborne... this games bosses are way harder. That being said I'm on the second boss and I'm level 37. It's fun and I'll probably buy the full game.
>>
>try boss
>armour loses 30% durability per hit you take from him
>have to keep using glue and whetstones every try

rly nigga?
>>
>>335899435
It is not souls. play it like a rhythm game.
>>
>>335899435
If you press the stance button after doing a combo you can regain a bunch of the stamina you expended on the last attack.

you can dodge back by tapping the dodge button and then if you immediately press triangle you jump forward with a slash

If you unlock the spinning slash move for katana you can kill most enemies in one combo by pressing squarex2 + triangle

You can use stones to try and fight one v one rather than groups of enemies.

If you are against the tougher enemies that combo you note that they often expend a lot of their KI. If you use the kick move you can make them end up with a flashing ki bar this will let you land a critical hit if you go near them and press triangle.

Enemies take about 1.5x more damage if you hit their backs

high stance does the most damage, low stance is typically the fastest stance and mid stand usually has the most wide swinging moves

half circle moves can be tricky to do but a nice way to do them is by doing a half circle motion starting from back and then moving to forward - forward being the direction you want your attack to go. (still, i hate this input, hope they change it)
>>
>>335898854
Take low stance and keep good distance.

Learn the attack patterns (especially the spins) that he does. Right after he's executed whatever movement pattern, run in and deliver a three hit triangle combo and immediately after dash out, back into a safe distance.

Repeat for 15 minutes and you win.
>>
>>335899959
>rly nigga?
git gud
>>
File: 1461098112585.jpg (205 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
1461098112585.jpg
205 KB, 900x675
>mfw getting summoned for the first boss and wrecking shit before the lil noobs can die
>>
>>335900206
Fuck up just once and it's over

Good game design
>>
>>335900646
It's not fair, but if you have Spring Waters, use them. I also would farm atleast 8 elixirs before trying.

You take less damage when your Ki is high, so drinking that water is extremely useful.
>>
>get through the first level
>learn that you can use skill points to buy skills and combos
Well that's why it was so hard, i guess
>>
>>335900646
>Fuck up just once and it's over
Not really, the game is very forgiving
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.