[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best 3D Sonic, excluding Generations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Sonicgen.png (701 KB, 908x1210) Image search: [Google]
Sonicgen.png
701 KB, 908x1210
What is the best 3D Sonic, excluding Generations?
>>
>>335897092
Colors > Adventure > Adventure 2 > Heroes > Lost World > Shadow > Black Knight > Literal Shit > Secret Rings > Sonic 06 >>>>>> Boom
>>
this one tbqh
>>
Either colors or unleashed hd, depending on your tastes. Some anons even prefer adventure 1/2.
>>
>>335897361
You forgot pic related >>335897491
>>
>>335897491
I enjoyed everything in this game except arid sands night. Thats like the only werehog level with no platforming and its straight up combat. Theres some decent exploration if youre going for medals but fuck. They really shouldve kept the original level design that had the platforming section at the end rather than just cutting it out. At least the DLC brought it back i guess
>>
Objectively Adventure 2, even above generations

Only flaw is autistic story, and shit treasure radar
>>
I really don't like how generations is treated like the holy grail here

I'm wondering if sonic fans who only started with the boost games think its good. Or maybe sonic fans who know about the genesis games but are too casual to notice how bad the physics/level design in 2d generations is.
>>
>>335898063
The physics dont really mean squat because the levels arent designed for them. If its a battle of level design, then generations wins by default for having a camera thats zoomed out far enough to see whats approaching. There are a good amount of paths in most levels and speed and platforming is equally distributed for the most part. Giant chunks of level can be cut with a good spin dash + jump.

Its not the best sonic game like a lot say but its still good and does things right in regards to camera and level design. If sonic jumped like...maybe just a foot higher, that wouldve really improved the whole thing. There are a bunch of platforms that are JUST in reach
>>
Bumparoo, this is an interesting thread to see since most of /v/ circle jerks over 2D sonic
>>
File: Ur2Slw.gif (105 KB, 500x324) Image search: [Google]
Ur2Slw.gif
105 KB, 500x324
Colors.
While a really short game without 100%ing it, basically sets out to do what it tried to do.
>Give Sonic a Moderate Speed so the stages can be explored without the feeling of moving slow
>Good Level design
>Captured the 2D/3D aspect perfectly
>Colorful, fun, and presented well
>One of the best looking games on Wii

Too bad generations strayed away from this and went back to unleashed's "boost2win" play.
>>
Sonic Adventure and Unleashed have the biggest sense of a grand, fun, epic adventure, but SA1 has fishing & shooting levels and Unleashed has the Werehog.
Overall SA1 wins because of the better storytelling.

SA2 and Shadow both have an edgy storyline but Shadow is honestly better because there is level diversity without forcing you to change playstyle, and the storytelling is much better too (all the branching paths make for 5 different final levels, and honestly I don't mind Shaodw's character)
Heroes and 06 are both glitchy messes with horrible controls at times but Heroes is better for not being 06
Generations and Colors... Well, I'll say Generations is better. Colors is fine but 3/4th of the game's acts are really just slow puzzles. And Generations is better than Unleashed in some aspects and worse in some others (like the hub world, no sidequests, etc)
I don't know what Lost World can be compared with. I have yet to finish it, too.

So overall
SA1>Unleashed=Generations>Colors>Shadow>SA2>(Lost World?)>Heroes>>>Sonic '06
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.