[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT we create the perfect soulsborne game >DS1-tier map continuity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
ITT we create the perfect soulsborne game

>DS1-tier map continuity
>DS2 equipment system such as powerstancing/variety/armor being actually relevant
>BB style combat without invader hp penalty/dex based riposte damage
>>
Make poise actually do something.
>>
>>335895050
If you could combine BB style combat with DaS1 level shield play somehow, that'd be fantastic.

Also somehow combine DaS style map continuity with a DeS style hub. I love DaS' map but the Nexus is just so goddamned perfect.
>>
>>335895193
>If you could combine BB style combat with DaS1 level shield play somehow, that'd be fantastic.
i think shields will work just fine with BB combat, if they just buffed cut % on shields in BB it would work just fine
>>
>>335895050
>DS1 map was the best
Gee, I love this meme! DS1 sure was amazing after Sen's Fortress, right?
>DS2 armor being actually relevant
Do you even know why fashionsouls became a thing in DS2?
>invader hp penalty
You already can only be invaded only if you use fingers or have phantoms with you, scrub.
>>
>>335895465
>shrug off damage when you use a shield
>attack to get your HP back when you actually do take damage
Bloodborne wouldn't work with shields
>>
>>335896074
am i getting baited

>>335896205
it works
both pvp and pve
even in the current stage
just not good
>>
Give the pvpfags a proper covenant. One with leaderboards, matchmaking, and multiple arenas to choose from.
>>
>>335895050
>level design like Bloodborne, claustrophobic and cluttered, light fog, smoke, etc.
>entire area is set around opening doors and gates that lead to extensions of the same area, but link back to the hub in some way, meaning they should all have two entrances
>can only warp to a select position in locations, and to the hub. This makes opening shortcuts more important than having bonfires to rest at.
>armour system where poise is determined by the speed of your roll, as well as the poise stat - if you are fast rolling, you will still get staggered as easily as somebody in lighter armour
>at very low equipment loads, you can dash, but this also only works with almost no poise
>parrying must be done on the first swing, otherwise it just stops their combo but doesn't allow for a critical
>fix covenants, bring the number of covenants down to a maximum of 4. One co-op, one PvP, one world altering, one wildcard covenant.
>>
>>335897603
sounds good desu
>>
How about fewer shortcuts?

Every level in DS3 is littered with redundant shortcuts, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>335895050
What about the setting though? I wouldn't settle for yet another medieval setting
>>
>>335898394
medieval settings with demons and dragons allows for the most variety though
>>
>>335898202
The reason the shortcuts are redundant is because every bonfire can be warped to, or from. It means there's literally no reason to use some bonfires later, or shortcuts, later. Shortcuts usually indicate good level design, because you get a sense of things connecting, so you should certainly keep that - just give it the DeS treatment of it linking back to one important bonfire.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.