[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I need to play Blood Omen first or can I skip to Soul Reaver?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: SR1-Promotional-RazielOnRock.jpg (10 KB, 180x233) Image search: [Google]
SR1-Promotional-RazielOnRock.jpg
10 KB, 180x233
Do I need to play Blood Omen first or can I skip to Soul Reaver?
>>
Blood Omen is the best so definitely play it.
>>
>>335892267
Everything until Soulreaver is good.
Blood omen includes that. The Story gets kinda twisted with the 2nd Soul Reaver. And with Blood Omen 2 even more. But the first two were really great.
>>
Are there any essential mods to play this?
Got all the games in the series the other day - started to play and the control system seems fucked.
Any other advice for a series virgin?
>>
>>335892267
Blood Omen 1 is the best LoK game so it's a must play

>>335894346
The PC version of Soul Reaver is kinda fucked. It's better to emulate it
>>
>>335894346
>>335892267
Blood omen is good, darker take on Zelda-eskque adventures.

Soul Reaver is good too, but a different genre - platform/puzzle action adventure. - play/emulate Dreamcast version for best experience.

Soul Reaver 2 is a better version of SR1 (they were intended to be a single game) with more convoluted plot. Blood Omen 2 - weakest part of the series (and considered non-canon by many due to no original devs present), a bit boring.

Defiance - an even better version of Soul Reaver, with more action elements, and somewhat better puzzle integration into the gameplay, now with ability to play as Kain.
>>
>>335892267
you don't need to play it to understand SR, but you should play it because it's good
the first BO and SR are the only good games in the series tbqh
>>
You can skip it. BO is almost impossible to play on modern hardware.
>>
>>335897096
>Defiance - an even better version of Soul Reaver

Why you fucking lying bro? Defiance was a piece of shit outside of the story
>>
>>335892267

blood omen is literally the best in the series, after that the director and writer of UNCHARTED took over and made the whole storyline a convoluted mess of pseudo meta bullshit full of plot holes and time paradoxes with every game becoming more and more linear to the point that the last game was literally a watered down DMC clone with puzzles worthy of a zelda game for babies.
>>
>>335898762
You can emulate it on ps1 mate, it works a lot better
>>
>>335898762
What are you on about I'm playing BO right now on windows _7
>>
>>335898859
Actually half of what SR2 and Defiance did is cover plot holes BO made, you fucking retard
>>
>>335898762

This is bullshit - there's a new installer easily found.

>>335898896

This is a crap idea as the loading times are awful
>>
chink chink
sshhhhhhhhhh
sshhhhhhhhhh
>>
Just play every single game in the series. Then play them all again. Repeat until you finally figure out how the whole plot works.
>>
>>335892267
Blood Omen 2 was actually my favorite.
>>
Just how old is Simon Templeman? I'm comparing his voice in Darksiders II to Dragon Age Inquisition to see if he's getting that old man voice beneath all that voice manipulation.
>>
>>335898762
Lol no. I played the pc version with no fucking problems. Besides, it's the best in the series so why the fuck would you skip it?
>>
File: 2750360-nosgoth.jpg (49 KB, 800x471) Image search: [Google]
2750360-nosgoth.jpg
49 KB, 800x471
>>335899992
Okay anon
>>
Why would you deprive yourself of VAEEE VICTUSSS?
>>
>>335901241
Play it while it's still there anon :^)
>>
>>335901241
>implying this isn't being shut down in a month

was a good run too bad squeenix literally single handedly killed the game by forcing the devs to migrate to their servers which ended up in half the playerbase being unable to consistently log in, create parties, invite friends, or find matches.
>>
>>335900992
I wanna say he's like 76 anon.
>>
>>335901297
I'm not going to touch it with a 10 foot pole
>>
>>335901428
Touch it with a 20 foot one
>>
File: koin.jpg (30 KB, 644x362) Image search: [Google]
koin.jpg
30 KB, 644x362
>>335901241
Does it say Legacy of Kain in its title? No it doesn't. And actually if it wasn't for atrocious f2p barriers it would be a decent online action game. At least it's not Dark sun, that would be DmC of LoK if it saw the light of day.
>>
>>335901474
>Dark Sun
What were they thinking?
>>
>>335901474
>>335901241
It's either this or the assfaggots one.
I can't even remember the premise of that one. Something something Kain vs Raziel sending creeps against each other after Defiance.
>>
>>335901474
>atrocious f2p barriers
What atrocious barriers? Nosgoth is pretty fucking fair.
>>
>>335899906
FUCKING BLOCK PUZZLES
>>
>>335901401
He still has his voice. As Absalom. As Loghain.
Damn I think this guy's an actual vampire. Sweet.
>>
>>335900992
Strangely enough I haven't found a single mention of his date of birth. He's been acting since 80s so I'd assume he's in his 50s.
>>
>>335901739
Or even a dirty hobo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAds4kH7QDE
>>
>>335897396
>From a gameplay perspective
They're all complete fucking ass, but for different reasons.
BO is clumsy and too dark to see your way around.
SR suffers from an experimental 90s platformer design and an excess of cube/block puzzles.
SR2 is too simple, and the control scheme is still fucked.
Defiance has massive issues with the camera that heralds back to N64-era platforming.

>From a plot perspective
Nigga, you just went retarded. The entire series is good.
>>
>>335899992
>until you finally figure out how the whole plot works
Nigga, that'll take most people over a dozen playthroughs.
>>
Story wise? Probably. Great game on its own.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNWSDvDqm9g
>>
>>335898819
the hell do you mean?
as far as game goes, it was better than any previous entry except the first
>>
>>335901769
Gotta be older man, Michael Bell's around 70.

>>335901885
I keked when he mentioned "cut the cheese".
>>
>>335902519
Michael Bell's looked a lot older than Templeman in Defiance outtakes.
>>
>>335902507
Not that anon but the camera was pretty fucked. Other than that it's fine
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.