[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The only 3 that matter.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 13
File: 1461552162028.jpg (325 KB, 1198x827) Image search: [Google]
1461552162028.jpg
325 KB, 1198x827
The only 3 that matter.
>>
>>335892001
Enjoy your outdated broken games.
>>
>>335892001
Replace unfinished broken mess that is DS1 with DS3 and we're golden.
>>
>>335892001
Dark Souls 3 is better than 1 in every single way, granted they are both nowhere near Bloodborne so it doesn't even matter desu.
>>
I like all the Souls games and I think they all bring a valuable experience to the table that's worth going through.
>>
>>335892001
>Bloodborne
Nah m8

Enemy design and balancing was pretty shit
Also frenzy, while thematically appropriate, was the worst status of all time and shouldn't have been in the game
>>
>>335892001
Replace unfinished broken mess that is DeS with DaS3 and we're golden.
>>
>>335892001
>das

no, just no
>>
>>335892001
DeS = DaS = DaS2 = BB = DaS3
You know it's true.
>>
>>335892001
>Bloodborne

lol
>>
>>335896284
>DaS2
lol
>>
>>335896326
>(You)
lol
>>
>>335896284
More like DaSIII>DaS1>DeS>BB>DaSII
>>
>>335895923
>Enemy design and balancing was pretty shit
Do elaborate

>Also frenzy, while thematically appropriate, was the worst status of all time and shouldn't have been in the game
Wholeheartedly agreed
>>
>dark souls
>matters
>>
>>335896358
Wow, you got it all upside down, brother. Otherwise you're spot on.
>>
>>335896306
Enjoy the butthurt.
>>
>>335895923
>>335896365
Frenzy could've been easily manageable if sedatives provided some immunity or build-up slowdown for it for some time after using.
>>
File: 1260514281115.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1260514281115.jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
DeS > DaS > DaS3 > DaS2 > BB
Maybe my standards were just lowered after slogging through Bloodborne but I was really surprised with DS3.
>>
>>335892001
But Bloodborne was worse than DaS3 and even 2
>>
For me right now its
Des>Da1>Da3>>>>>>Da2
>>
File: 1438108770119.jpg (507 KB, 681x1251) Image search: [Google]
1438108770119.jpg
507 KB, 681x1251
>everyone has something bad to say about every title
maybe they really aren't good games
>>
>>335895923
literally get better
>>
>>335896463
Interesting opinion. What puts those two games above Bloodborne for you?
>>
>>335896491
it's because everyone in the FROM fan community is a huge hipster where the first game they played is objectively the best

Doesn't matter anyway, bloodborne crushes everything
>>
>>335896513
I beat the game in two. I was hoping it'd be more of a challenge.
>>
>>335896596
first game I played was DS1. BB is best
>>
>>335896491
Because games aren't good if they aren't literally perfect in every way.

You fucking nigger.

I've only played the three ds's but I'd rank them like this;
DaS3>DaS1>DaS2.

Just because the gameplay feels better in DaS3, the lore and area design is better in DaS1.
DaS2 had some fucking cracking DLC but the main game was fun but nowhere near as good as the rest.

Really want to get a PS4 for bloodborne soon because I love lovecraft a shit-ton and can't imagine it being done badly in a souls game.
>>
>>335896459
It's not your fault Bloodborne was a disappointment.
>>
put over 1000 hours into demon's
put over 1000 hours into dark souls
put like 500 into dark souls 2
put like 500 into bloodborne
can't even put 100 hours in Dark Souls 3
>>
>>335896365
Personally, I found that the enemy design of BB prioritized speed, but not aggression.

Meanwhile the player design seems to prioritize aggression, but not speed.

And so I often found myself in uncomfortable, and occasionally unfair, situations and generally found the combat unsatisfying.

Where it seems they wanted a more action-oriented experience, instead it's more like "bait an attack and strike when they miss," which is basically just DaS except less cohesive due to the contrast in design for enemy and player.

Suffice to say I genuinely didn't enjoy my time with Bloodborne. It frustrated me, and not in the enjoyable Souls way.

I also have a real big problem with damage intake. This is something that carried over into DaSIII, which I'm not happy about.
Enemies don't take much damage, but deal it in spades.

Compare to earlier Souls games, this feels like a truly artificial difficulty spike.

>>335896596
>everyone in the FROM fan community is a huge hipster where the first game they played is objectively the best
I started with Demon's Souls and DaSIII has quickly become my favorite, overtaking DaS1.
>>
>>335896819
Looks like a case of being old and a cynical fuck
>>
>>335896819
Its probably because you're now 5 games into the series you dense fuck.
You're tired of it. And older now.
>>
>>335896829
>Suffice to say I genuinely didn't enjoy my time with Bloodborne. It frustrated me, and not in the enjoyable Souls way.
This sums up my feelings about it pretty accurately. It's so easy to heal in Bloodborne that staying at maximum health is pretty trivial, resulting in either getting killed in one hit or getting stunlocked and getting killed in 3-4 hits that you can't dodge or block. Every death felt cheap.
>>
>>335896829
>True artificial difficulty.
Eh not really.
I fought the nameless king and his strikes would basically two-shot me.
So I just made sure I never got hit; and if I did, chug estus.
Because otherwise the fight would be easy as fuck and I'd just soak hits + chug estus all day.
>>
File: image.jpg (566 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
566 KB, 2560x1600
>not starting with demons souls
>still thinking your opinion matters here

seriously if your first game was meme souls, kill yourselves

>b-but my first was demons souls yet i still think dark souls is better :]

and i have a monster pc with 4 titan x's and still think uncharted 4 looks better than any game out there...
>>
Bloodborne = 3 > 1 > Demons >>>>>> 2
>>
>>335897576
>your PC specs somehow mean a game better looking than Game X magically exists
Anon fucking p l e a s e
>>
So does anyone else kind of like 2 more than 3? I know it had huge issues - adaptability is still the worst thing in the series - but it at least felt like it had some ambition. The magic system was massively overhauled with a huge variety of spells, powerstancing gave an entirely new playstyle, it had completely new NPCs.

Dark Souls 3 removed all the new additions, scaled back the magic to be even worse than the original game, is by far the most linear in the series and pretty much has no NPCs that aren't directly lifted from previous games. It added nothing other than weapon arts and fucking frostbite.
>>
>>335898126
2 is objectively better
>>
>>335892482
are you implying that dark souls 3 isn't broken as well? You can do the exact same dupe glitch you could do in ds1
>>
>>335898126

2 with SotFS is a legitimately great game and I'm glad /v/ didn't meme me out of playing it.
>>
>>335898126
Greirat, Orbeck, Cornyx, Irina, Ludleth, Yoel, Karla, Yuria, Anri, Horace, Sirris, Leonhard, Hawkwood, Emma and Eygon are all new characters
>>
>>335898126
Yeah, I really don't see how people are considering 3 the best, I like 2 better, but that opinion is pretty much banned on /v/. It has some of the same issues as 2 (such as relying on a million bonfires instead of making less bonfires and centering the levels around interconnectivity) while introducing new ones such as the linear level progression.
>>
>>335898532
Karla = Yuria of Demon's Souls
Eygon = garl vinland
Emma =selen vinland
Hawkwood = tolken crestfallen warrior in everygame you meet at the beginning hub world
Yuria= Mephistopheles from Demon's
Cornyx= pyromancer teacherr from Dark Souls 1
>>
>>335898902
>recurring character roles
Whoa it's almost like there are things that have to be in the game for it to work the same way
>>
>>335899050
Yeah these games would fall apart if NPCs had character traits that hadn't been done in every previous game. How could anything happen without le epic onion man or crestfallen 5.0?
>>
>>335898354
Are you implying DS3 also has covenants that don't work at all, areas that are simply unfinished and is on par with the whole mess that DS1 is post-lordvessel?
>>335898902
Are yoy implying that DS2 doesn't have the same character archetypes as DS1? Or that DS1 didn't copypaste most of characters from DeS?
>>
>>335898619
>>335898389
>Mmm, look at me, look how I enjoy eating this shit, mmm, so tasty, oh yeah I love smearing it all over myself...
>Lol, losers, I bet you're just jelly you can't enjoy this shit as must as I do!
>>
>>335899403
>Are you implying DS3 also has covenants that don't work at all, areas that are simply unfinished and is on par with the whole mess that DS1 is post-lordvessel?

Yes? The Blue Sentinels/Darkmoons are inexplicably exactly the same covenant and have no Blue Orb.

>previous games had flaws so it's ok that no effort is made not to repeat them in 3
>>
File: 1381953284319.gif (2 MB, 344x224) Image search: [Google]
1381953284319.gif
2 MB, 344x224
Only retards don't like DaSII
>omg look at me I'm such oldskool I like the previous entry
Yeah fuck off hipsters, grab your necktie and hang yourself.
>>
>>335899372
How else are you going to pyromancy, miracles, sorceries?

Also these characters do have unique traits
Yoel can level you up for free but it turns you Hollow
Irina can become a Fire Keeper if you finish her questline
Hawkwood challenges you if you collect the dragon stones

They're unique characters within the lore and they all have their own sidequests and interactions.

Recurring roles is a thing that has to be done to some extent, because of the game's system. You need someone to teach you spells. You can't have one character be a vendor for pyromancies, sorceries and miracles, either. That'd be absurd. So you get multiple spell vendors.

You need a blacksmith. I suppose Lenigrast is just an Andre rehash, who was just an Ed rehash?

Crestfallen Knight and Patches are Souls trademarks, can't have a Souls game without them. It's like Cid in Final Fantasy. Only they're roles instead of names.

I honestly don't see why you have a problem with this.
>>
>>335899597
>The Blue Sentinels/Darkmoons are inexplicably exactly the same covenant and have no Blue Orb.
>exactly the same covenant
>don't work at all
I see you're retarded. How is life for retarded people these days?
>no Blue Orb
Because there's no need for blue orb is summoning is automatic. Fingers have an orb because there's no automatic way to invade people anywhere.

>previous games had flaws so it's ok that no effort is made not to repeat them in 3
>made not to repeat them in 3
That's exactly why all covenants actually work for once and there is full red orb, dingus.
>>
>they still couldn't top ludwig with DS3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RzA_Oomra8
>>
>>335900158
Name's Nameless King.
Ludwig is a memeboss like Artorias, just with broken 1hk charge. Maria and Kos were much better fights.
>>
If SotFS turned DaS2 from hot garbage to an alright game, why aren't we waiting for the DLC for DaS3 to do the same? Why are we judging it immediately with no patience?
>>
>>335900239
>Nameless king
>forgettable OST
>shitty first phase
>doesn't even have a name

The only thing good is the area
>>
>>335900239
nameless king is trash
is first phase is just easy and boring
then you're just fighting generic giant man with sword/spear
>>
File: ComeOn.jpg (291 KB, 491x700) Image search: [Google]
ComeOn.jpg
291 KB, 491x700
>>335892001
You mean only 1 that matters
>>
>>335900347
>>335900361
>shitty memeboss lovers share their shitty opinions
Fascinating.
>>
>>335900559
Oh okay

When I say never you say ever

never
>>
>>335895373
>map design and level coherency is worse
>resting at a bonfire isn't necessary for it to be a checkpoint
>teleportation not only available from the start, but necessary
>firelink hub
>didn't fix poise
>removed poise completely
>linear first half
>ganksquads are the norm
>runs just as bad as ds1 and hardly looks better
>>
>>335900643
>hardly looks better
you need better eyes
>>
>>335900548
i dunno dark souls and demons souls are still good but I guess being that bloodborne is the only one that matters.
>>
Dark souls 3 is garbage it's hard to imagine people saying it's the best or even good.
But it make's sense it's the pcucks, even though they have access to dark souls 1 and 2, they want to claim 3 is the best since ps4 owners got bloodborne and they wanna act like it was shit and the better game is out now that is also available to them
>>
BB > DeS = DaS > DaS III > DaS II
2 and 3 were mistakes. Soulless sequels that exist solely because Bamco didn't milk the series enough.
>>
>>335900698
>5 years difference
>higher res UI
>cloth effects and post processing
>swamp areas still dropping below 30fps even without the verticality of blighttown
>>
>>335900643
>map design and level coherency is worse
Hold the fuck up son, the level design in DaSIII is top fucking notch. Do you even Cathedral of the Deep and Lothric Castle?

>teleportation not only available from the start, but necessary
To enter High Wall of Lothric and the Kiln of the First Flame
That's about it.

If you start from High Wall of Lothric you can walk to every other area in the game.

>firelink hub
You say that like it's a bad thing, or like Firelink wasn't a hub in DaS1
>removed poise completely
I'm 100% sure poise is still a stat
>linear first half
As opposed to DaS1's linear second half?

Demon's Souls is the only time the game wasn't offering an illusion of non-linearity.

>ganksquads are the norm
Significantly less common than Bloodborne and you are given many vantage points to take out groups with range or kite individual enemies.
>>
>>335900859
Are you genuinely autistic?
>>
>>335896459
I would place demons souls lower besides having great atmosphere the bosses are easiest in the series outside of a few like flamlurker and false king.
>>
>>335901487
No, just genuinely factually correct.
>>
>>335896729
oddly enough BB is the shortest out of all of them and has no build variety at all.
>>
>>335901545
If you think what you said is "factually correct" you are DEFINITELY autistic.
>>
>>335898126
That would be great if any of them were actually interesting to begin with and actually moved around outside of 2 chacaters everyon is glued to majula I will give youpowerstances though.
>>
Demon's Souls really isn't that good man. It was a great start and had the best atmosphere in the series....But for that's kind of it. Tbh I would put DS2 over it purely for the DLC's.
>>
>>335901729
Being this jelly will only cause you frustration
>>
>>335901829
Why do you have an Us vs. Them mentality about videogames? You bought a PS4 autismo, you aren't part of a war.
>>
>>335901812
I didn't even play 2's DLCs. Playing that game after Bloodborne and DaS3 is such a joyless, horrible experience.
>>
>>335896284
I do, Anon, but thanks for reminding me.
>>
>>335901882
I don't.
It's the pcucks with the sour grapes. Stop saying a shit game is good cause you didn't get access to a superior game
>>
>>335901609
It has build variety. It's just hard to do. Build variety isn't sheild or no sheild or heavy armor or light armor.
>>
>>335901967
Wow, you're not even trolling or shitposting right now, you're being genuinely serious.

I'm sorry you were born this way.
>>
>>335901967
Sure hope you aren't referring to BB great game but far from superior.
>>
>>335892001
after dark souls 3 I went and replayed bloodborne and holy fuck the game is far superior.
>>
>>335902028
You can make one character that can basically wield everything. The only variety is what trick weapon you want to use. As for armor it's more cosmetic in then anything else in the game.
>>
>>335901967
I have a PS4, played Bloodborne a couple months ago, and I do not think it was a good game.
>>
>>335902150
>>335902330
Spot the pcucks
>>
File: My Hunter.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
My Hunter.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>335902263
>As for armor it's more cosmetic
Which is what makes it the best Fashion Souls.
>>
>>335892001
I agree with you 100%, OP.
Delete DSII and DSIII, and you have a perfect Soulsborne Trilogy.
>>
Im glad this flavor of the month is ending and people start to tal about how DS3 is a disappointment in everything but graphics (skyboxes, not even art) and a few boss fights.

Saving Yuria 0.5 (aka Karla) again from a bland Tower of Latria was the cherry on top of a game with no inspiration behind it. Miyasaki just wanted to end the contract with Bamco as soon as possible.
>>
>>335901523
That's fair, I still love it most because it's the game with all the good ideas that made the rest so great. Demon's souls was really fresh and exciting and as good as the sequels are they're just sequels.
>>
>>335902535
I said fuck DSIII and kept playing Bloodborne. I'm gonna Platinum BB before I even touch DSIII.
>>
>>335902393
>he doesn't like my exclusive
>p-pcuck!
My PC is a piece of shit laptop from 2011 that has trouble running Chrome
>>
>>335901523
Just because the bosses were easier doesn't make them inferior. I personally enjoyed the puzzle element.
>>
I'm glad I didn't fall for the BB meme. Too bad for my housemate, though.
>>
>>335902263
>As for armor it's more cosmetic in then anything else in the game.
Armors with high resistance to effects are very useful. Damage, not so much, but armors with high beast/poison/frenzy/figre resists are more useful than DS counterparts.
>>
>>335898354
they patched it tho
>>
If I kill King of the Storm and die to Nameless King, will I have to fight King of the Storm again or does it start me on Nameless King?

KotS is kind of shitty.
>>
Dark 3 is very good, though.
>>
Dark Souls 1 is overrated and Dark Souls 3 is better in almost every way except NPC dialogue and having had more balance patches.
>>
>>335902393
Look they are all great but demons and BB are the weakest for specific reasons. Demons because the bosses are the weakest overall in terms of difficulty outside of a few. BB its the lack of build variety compared to other souls game. If you prefer faster combat then BB is for you.
>>
>>335902635
the only boss that had any puzzle elements was dragon god. Also Yeah it does the point of most souls bosses is to be challenging and intimidating. Demons bosses only looked intimidating thats it.
>>
>>335903582
You have to fight King of The Storm every time.
It's a badly designed fight, and a shame because Nameless King is pretty cool.
>>
>>335904095
>You have to fight King of The Storm every time.
Why would they do this
>>
>>335892001
Bloodborne is no Souls, has shit online and its world has no variety. PvE of 3 is by far the best. 1 and especially 2 are poor dog shit.

It's werid. I hated on Souls games for so long but actually quite liked 3 because it's factually better designed: Fast travel (while it's random to which bonfires you can travel in Souls 1 for some fucking retarded shit reason no one can even explain to me), blacksmith and all services and shops in one hubworld, so you can quickly do your preparation and then focus on the main game again, less cryptic (skills, crafting and can check exact weapon you can get for boss souls), more dynamic combat with "super attacks", harder bosses that actually require you to time dodges while you could easily finish Souls 1 by just blocking everything, less cheap trial and error and "shockwaves", less time-wasting bonfire placements, better iframe mechanics and heavy armor being more useful (can go up to 70% before fat rolling), better controls, generally better polishing (still shit but better), nothing as horrible as Lost Izalith or Blighttown.

Guess Souls fans are just irreparably retarded, nothing helps.
>>
File: best game ever.webm (499 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
best game ever.webm
499 KB, 640x360
>>335904743
>>
>>335904263
Because if the fight would be only King of the Storm it would be literally Wind Waker boss tier level of easy. And if you would only fight Nameless King, you wouldn't have to spend enough time for it to be punishing and annoying when you die. I.e. would be too easy either way.

Level up your health somewhat, makes the whole boss piss easy. Final fight of the game is harder.
>>
>>335904796
If you see the animation without the grab, Mr Golem here clearly reaches between his legs. The player snapping into the hand looks like shit though.
But of course you're just a shitposter so you wouldn't know that.
>>
>>335895373
DS3 absolutely fucking sucked comapred to 1
>>
>>335905006
Not that guy, but he doesn't reach between the legs. How would that work anyway, Anon?
>>
>>335904743
Is that Dark Souls 1? I've been playing Demons Souls recently and that webm looks terrible.
>>
>>335898126
I don't think 2 is better than 3 but it does magic better
I can actually play a Mage in that game. In 3 they're terrible, and I don't know why
Probably because magic was overpowered in 2 but that's preferable to being useless.
>>
>>335896959
>hits that you cant dodge
>every death felt cheap
I really feel people should only criticize these games after they get good at them.
Not even being a dick right now, but you can go through the entirety of Bloodborne without getting hit once.
>>
BB>DaS3>>>DaS=DeS>>>DaS2

DLCs for 3 might change this, but right now thats what I feel like.
>>
File: 1460865247429.png (397 KB, 747x464) Image search: [Google]
1460865247429.png
397 KB, 747x464
>/v/ still trying to pretend they hate BB
>>
>le "u are not a tru gamer if you don't like hard hack n slash games" maymay
>>
>excellent
Dark Souls

>great
Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne

>good but Dark Souls improves the formula drastically
Demon's Souls

>trash that shouldn't even exist
Dark Souls 2
>>
>>335906195
>t.DS1 was my first Souls game so its da bes gaem evah prepare to die xDDD
>>
>>335906070
>>335906303
same fag
>>
File: image.png (215 KB, 620x525) Image search: [Google]
image.png
215 KB, 620x525
BB > DeS > DaS2 > DaS3 > DaS

only a true souls veteran would agree with this

keyword: veteran

don't even bother replying to me if DeS wasn't your first
>>
>>335892001
Played Dark Souls 1 and got bored
>>
>>335906303

>I have nothing else going on in my life so I'm going to tell people they aren't allowed opinions that I don't share
>>
>>335906303
kek

that was pretty accurate familia...
>>
>posting in a thinkly veiled Sonypony thread

Yes, yes very good. You have ONE whole game. Took you long enough.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160429-154038.png (178 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160429-154038.png
178 KB, 1080x1920
>>335906508
Except no. I'm shitting on all these games and frankly can't see that much of a difference
>>
>>335906610
DeS was my first and I disagree with your list
DaSIII>DaS1>=DeS>BB>DaSII
>>
>>335906671
No, it's just very easy to spot a Pcuck who got into the series during the whole DS IS HARD meme marketing.
>>
>>335906920
kek

not even subtle
>>
>>335900018
Are you really denying it's the same exact covenant? Both summoned in the exact same way, get the same exact reward, they didn't even bother to give the Sentinels their own leader.

Why are these games held to such a low standard?
>>
>>335907007
I dunno what you mean

These are my true feelings.
I'm currently loving DaSIII, didn't like Bloodborne much
What's the problem m8
>>
>>335898126
Dark souls 2 sotfs wasn't a bad game, it just wasn't nearly as good as the other games in the series
>>
>>335898126
The whole game played like shit. Animations, movement, deadzones, movesets, everything was bad about DS2 core gameplay. Magic and NPC AI were good, but that's not nearly enough to save the game, not even close.
>>
When I beat Soul of Cinder, will there still be time to go back and clean up items or bosses I haven't done yet?
>>
>>335892001
this tbqh

das2, das3 are just fanfics

>des released in 2009
>das released in 2012
>bb released in 2015

it's like poetry
>>
>>335896459
(Tu) mmb.
DaS=BB>DaS3=DeS>shit and all gays furries etc.>Amerifats>DaS2.
>>
File: 1461271811433.jpg (1 MB, 1350x3900) Image search: [Google]
1461271811433.jpg
1 MB, 1350x3900
Just finished 2 yesterday, it was god tier. Glad I didn't fall for the memes
>>
>>335909017
what would you recommend, base version or SOTFS?

i like faraam set
>>
>>335892001
I've played all the game and for some reason I still prefer Demon's Souls. There's just something about it I can't put my finger on it.
>>
>>335909017
Well memed, sir.
>>
Sonyggers on defense mode as DaSIII is more succesful than ever
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.