[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I decided to pick up Medieval II again for the first time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Medieval_2_Total_War_Cover.jpg (105 KB, 640x919) Image search: [Google]
Medieval_2_Total_War_Cover.jpg
105 KB, 640x919
So I decided to pick up Medieval II again for the first time in ages.

>begin a chill campaign as France
>upgrade my settlements and conquer rebels
>ally with Spain and Portugal and keep good relations with the Pope and HRE
>suddenly Milan attacks completely out of the blue
>fine, they get BTFO'd by my doom stacks
>then the HRE decides to ditch its alliance with Spain just to backstab me
>wait, what
>then fucking Spain and Portugal decide to backstab me as well

I mean, damn. Was the diplomacy in this game always so inconsistent? It's like relation levels don't matter at all. Everyone backstabs you for no apparent reason.

So much for a chill campaign.
>>
>>335888680

The AI is completely nonsensical unless you mod.
>>
>>335888821
I tried to look for some mods, but all I found were dead links. I've heard about some good ones, but I can't seem to find anywhere to download them.
>>
>>335888680

>Was the diplomacy in this game always so inconsistent?

Yes it was. Don't get me wrong, I still love the older titles but the AI always was horrid. Especially with Medieval II. I remember entire enemy armies consisting of only catapults and skirmishers or the AI splitting up armies into smaller bundles that can be easily beaten one by one via night battles.
>>
>>335888680
Someone found an error in the code that made all AI think you are a piece of shit for peacefully occupying a settlement

http://t-a-w.blogspot.com.au/2009/11/why-everyone-hates-you-in-medieval-2.html
>>
>>335889029
Huh, I guess that is something they got right in the more recent titles. Or maybe I'm spoiled from using so many mods and the vanilla AI is still shit.
>>
>>335889262
You'd think they would have a fixed version up on steam. Oh well. Thanks for the link.
>>
>>335888680
You have to pay them 500 floris every turn or else they kick your shit in.
>>
>>335889315

Vanilla Rome II was horrible. Just watch one of the thousands of videos on youtube on the suspect. At least now creative assembly seem to able to fix most of the issues unlike with their earlier titles that they abbandoned. I still dislike the art design and other design choices of Rome II but they did at least fix the AI and most of the bugs.
But pre-patch Rome II was a disaster. This is why I'm a bit scarred for warhammer. CA seem to fuck up every new entry in their franchises (with the exception of shogun 2 which was good right from the start) and only get their standalone addons right. I fear that Warhammer will also be a buggy mess from the start.
>>
>>335888680
> just finished reinstalling Total War Medieval II
> decide to jerk off on 4chan for a bit before I start my empire
> see this thread
Goddamn hivemind I tell you.
>>
>>335889838
I remember pre-ordering Rome II because I loved Shogun 2 and figured that Shogun 2 system + Rome simply had to be GOAT.

At least it's mostly fixed with patches and mods.

>>335889889
Let's hope your campaign is more successful than mine.
>>
>>335888680
welcome to TW's signature "badboy AI"
enjoy your stay
>>
>>335890671
>At least it's mostly fixed with patches and mods.
haha, are you joking? battles in rome 2 are still a shitfest compared to any other game in the series no matter what mods you install, since they all just fuck with armor values or melee defence and make units just sit there and plink at each other for 5 hours without actually changing the mechanics at all
>>
>>335889838
Shogun 2 had a gamebreaking bug where if the Ai sieged you they'd never attack, forcing you to go out and fight them on the field
>>
>>335891283
Which is why I said "mostly". I usually stay on the campaign map most of the time in Rome II anyway.
>>
>>335888680
Moving to the 3D campaign map was a mistake. It just made the AI stupider with no upsidrs
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.