[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne/Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 22
File: BloodborneClericBeast.png (3 MB, 1920x1142) Image search: [Google]
BloodborneClericBeast.png
3 MB, 1920x1142
So, after finishing both BB and DaSIII and waiting for them to set in, am I the only one who thinks Bloodborne is a superior game on almost every merit? Maybe it's a purely aesthetic thing, but BB hit me harder in almost every aspect, save for PvP (I freely admit the aspect for PvP is pretty shit). Even so, Yharnam seems much more focused than Lothric, and the level design, if not the world design, is leagues better than Dark Souls II and III, though I won't go so far to say it's as good as I.
And the DLC.
Fucking Christ, the DLC.
I don't think anything has come so close to a perfect 10/10. That shit was gold packaged and sold for a steal.
Anyways, what does /v/ think? I get that, in the end, the reasons for preferring Dark or Demon's over Bloodborne, or any combination thereof, are mostly personal, but I'd still like to know if anyone agrees with me in that Bloodborne was the best of the five by a country mile.
>>
>>335875921
It's not particularly fair to compare the two if you include the DLC for one but the other hasn't come out yet
>>
>>335875921
cool blog sonygger
>>
Bloodborne is basically as close as they got to a perfect game. It's perfectly well rounded and every bit of it helps build something much greater than the sum of its parts. I don't want them to ever do a sequel or build another DLC cuz it's just right the way it is.

BB > DeS = DaS > DaSIII > Scholar > DaSII

Looking forward to what From brings us next and I hope to god it's on PC.
>>
>>335876016
Cool reply PCuck
>>
>>335875921
I agree, but it's not better by a country mile. The combat is MUCH more satisfying in BB than the regular Souls games, but I think it ties with DeS for atmosphere and music. The story to me is more nonsensical than Dark Souls as well, and I might have preferred BB more if it kept with its Victorian style themes.
>>
Let's be real here. Dark Souls 1 world isn't that great once you realize that it's almost beat for beat a rehash of Demons Souls right up until Anor Londo.

Even Orstein and Smough are just the False King fight split into two character that second phase into False King.

Then the game falls apart in the second half, becoming muddled and unfinished with some moments of unique glory.

Artorias of the Abyss is when Dark Souls 1 really shines as its own thing.
>>
File: 1446749168314.jpg (2 KB, 125x118) Image search: [Google]
1446749168314.jpg
2 KB, 125x118
>>335875921
tbqh original BB was not that good

DLC was great and including DLC makes the game good, not BB original version alone
>>
>>335876507
Yes, because we really need yet another thread praising BB over Dark Souls 3 when one already exists. This is clearly a thread dedicated to stirring shit.

Fuck off sonygger
>>
Bloodborne is probably the best game of this console generation desu
>>
File: 1453220123046.jpg (886 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1453220123046.jpg
886 KB, 1600x900
>>335877507
pc fags stalking in bb thread after a year release
>>
I'm enjoying both games equally. Miyazaki is a legend.
>>
>>335875990
This meme ends to end.

Bloodborne vanilla by itself is amazing. The main problem is that enough weapons for more unique builds and some story aspects are left out.

The DLC like good DLC gives lots of great weapons and on top of that finishes the story of Bloodborne 1.

What the hell is DAS3 DLC is going to bring to the table? More weapons that play the exact same in its class? More gimmick boss fights? A better understanding of the story?

Just not possible. Das3 dlc will barely be worth remebering. Just like DAS2
>>
>>335879543

>Just like DAS2

Why is it you fuck's lay your bait down so carefully but then always fuck up at the very end?
>>
I love BB, but no.

DS3 is just much more fleshed out. Points go to BB for setting the groundwork for DS3. Without Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 would not have been as good as it was. DS3 borrowed the best parts of Bloodborne and made the experience for me.
>>
>>335875921
>BB is the best ever
no you are not alone. you would know that if you saw other shitpost threads like yours every few hours.
>>
>>335875921
well bloodborne is literal art

das3 is a soulless cash grab rehash
>>
File: Good Hunter.jpg (284 KB, 1472x828) Image search: [Google]
Good Hunter.jpg
284 KB, 1472x828
>>335875921
> am I the only one who thinks Bloodborne is a superior game on almost every merit?
Definitely not

I could barely get myself to finish DS3 because it was so fucking boring, same old same old. I was a couple of hours into a new PvP character but now NioH came out and I haven't dropped it yet.
>>
>>335875921
I like both a lot. However, BB is the better game.

The lore was fresh, the boss fights were more interesting, the weapons are more interesting and the quest lines weren't a clusterfuck of shit of trial and error through multiple replays.

That said, BB had weakpoints in that its lack of covenants and not enough weapon variety. It's also the shorter of the two games, unless you want to count the dungeon shit.

Also appreciated BB's secrets and easter eggs a lot more too.

All being said, they are both really good games.
>>
>>335875921

Mechanical and gameplay wise, i think ds3 is better, but for fucksake, they rehashed everything they could from ds1 and said "It is an illusion" or "It is cyclical"

That is Why i found the game to be thematically inferior to ds2
>>
Up until Amelia BB is literally perfect. Everything after that isn't as exciting, save for cainhurst and the dlc
>>
Combat wise, I do a lot better in BB than DaSIII for whatever the fuck reason.

I would have liked to have seen more of tie in between the two, seeing as how they are supposedly sharing one big multiverse. I get guns and shit don't really "fit" with Dark Souls, but that shit was fun and I thought the mechanic for it was really clever.
>>
>>335885153
Going to disagree with you on this. I thought the very Lovecraftian "IT WAS ALIENS THE WHOLE TIME" and the descent into madness as you progressed through the game was very good.
>>
>>335885141

agreed 100%. Some BB rehash in there as well, the arena for last fight is identical to BB's for instance.

Story wise is where BB takes the upper hand, NPC are much more interesting and their stories convoluted, in a good way.
>>
File: DS363.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DS363.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>335875921
>Best final boss in soulsborne:
Soul of Cinder

>Most versatile boss in soulsborne
Soul of Cinder

>Most spectacular boss in soulsborne
Nameless King

>Best music
Twin Princes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFRaZs6ri7s [Embed]

>Best atmosphere in a boss
Oceiros, Consumed King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4KjLWUZkbU [Embed]

>Most beautiful areas in soulsborne:
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, Archdragon Peak

>No soul memory unlike DaS2, therefore pvp is better

>Best bosses in any first release content for a souls game

Pontiff Sulayvahn, Abyss Watchers, Aldrich, Dancer of the Boreal valley, Champion Gundyr, Dragonslayer Armour, Twins, Soul of Cinder, Nameless King

>every single boss feels unique from one another, none feel redundant

>Best consistency in area design of any soulsborne game

>Best area in any soulsborne game, Lothric Castle/Grand Archives

>best Npc's in any soulsborne game

And a laundry list of BB's flaws to discredit it further:

>One Reborn, celestial emissary, micolash, rom, wet nurse, shadows of yharnam, and the majority of the shitty chalice dungeon bosses being awful
>Chalice dungeons existing and being unused potential
>healing system is atrocious, and always nags on you, removes game flow
>having to teleport TWICE to go to area to area or even reset an area
>rune system in BB is massively inferior to rings
>Arcane is underdeveloped, hunters tools have nowhere near the versatility or utility that dark souls has in terms of defensive, offensive and general function miracles/pyromancies/sorceries justifying all the points into intelligence/faith
>arcane at launch was largely justified by meaningless weapon scaling
>games content at launch was depressingly short
>everything after amelia in the release game is awful except ebrietas, logarius and gehrman

BB babbies justify their game solely through the DLC, which was actually good, but let's not pretend for even a second that what was launched originally wasn't shit.
>>
its not perfect. Build variety, chalice dungeons, and pvp.
>>
File: BloodborneImage.jpg (184 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
BloodborneImage.jpg
184 KB, 1024x576
Alright, I'm doing my second playthrough because I finally bought the DLC and don't want to play in new game+
A few questions
I'm doing a skill build instead of str like my first playthrough, what are some recommended weapons early/mid game?
Should I bother with Chalice dungeons?
Should I use an NPC guide?
>>
>>335875921
Is Bloodborne worth buying a Ps4?
I don't intend to play any other games on it, there's no other console exclusives that interest me.
>>
>>335885537
I noticed that there was something very wrong when every enemy was 2 feet taller than me and normal npcs. Even the enemy wireframe they rehased from bb, even though It makes no sense in a game where hollows were always normal sized
>>
File: 20160429003620_1.jpg (337 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160429003620_1.jpg
337 KB, 1920x1080
replaying DaSI on PC with DSfix and texture mod. i have been missing out and this is how DaS is meant to be played. can DaSIII's frame rate be unlocked? what do you think of my girl?
>>
>>335885256
True. I just don't think the areas hold up as well. The forest and nightmare frontier is convoluted as fuck and not as interesting as the city
>>
File: 20160428234100_1.jpg (253 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160428234100_1.jpg
253 KB, 1920x1080
>>335886978
i also really miss bloodborne and might play it again. i still haven't played DaSII and III
>>
>>335885970
I would assume you have started with the threaded cane, which you could use throughout the whole game, but if you need something fresh then the rifle spear is your best choice to get you through the early/mid game. You don't really start getting skill weapons until late game. You could always kill Eileen and get the Blades of Mercy at the early game, if you don't care about her questline then I recommend that.
>>
>>335886162
just rent it for a good month m8
>>
File: Alice.gif (2 MB, 550x411) Image search: [Google]
Alice.gif
2 MB, 550x411
>>335885753
well, that's a lot of autism in one post.
I find it wonderful how you think anyone would actually bother to read any of that, that's very cute and naive of you.
>>
>>335885753
>petition race detected
>>
In my fucking opinion: BB > DeS/Das/Das3 > DaS2.

For me BB is the greatest game ever. I also love DeS, DaS and DaS3 but DaS2 was very disappointing.
>>
>>335879543
I'm finally going to finish BB, when do I play the DLC? Right before the end? After? Whenever?
>>
File: HoiN.png (117 KB, 220x278) Image search: [Google]
HoiN.png
117 KB, 220x278
>>335886162
NioH's available for 6 more days if you want to try out the next Souls-like game before it launches later this year

I can't tell you how many games makes a console worth a purchase, that's something you need to decide. Bloodborne is by far my favorite Souls game even if it has flaws.
>>
>>335876378
Put DeS at the bottom with DaS2 and I'd agree with you.
>>
>>335885970
Dont use an NPC guide unless you have searched everywhere for them and cant find them at all and the search is just becoming tedious and infuriating and even then only search the bit you're stuck on then try to figure out the rest. The point of DS and BB questlines is to feel like the world is actually moving alongside you and you are having some impact on it and that feeling is completely removed when you have to follow a step by step wiki guide and are just hopping from place to place to see this person till it comes to an (anti)climax where they've gone insane or have died in a matter of minutes
>>
>>335875921
Likewise, I was enamored with BB b/c it was my first FROM game and first console game after giving PC gaming a break. I don't think another game will top it, maybe I just played it at the right time in my life. Overall it is a masterpiece imho
>>
>>335885753
>this copypasta again
>>
>>335885753
How was Bloodborne's content at launch "depressingly short" when it was longer than Dark Souls 3?
>>
>>335888685
Might as well include chalice dungeons, since you HAVE to go through one of them in DAS3 and another one as an optional area
the sad part is that I prefer a deeper BB chalice dungeon to DAS3's Catacombs
>>
File: 1461263073323.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1461263073323.gif
3 MB, 200x150
Honestly I wish BB was on everything so people would stop pretending it's terrible because they refuse to even attempt to play it
>>
Anyone have links to dark souls 1's art book? My google fu is weak and its not available in /dsg/
>>
>>335885753
this is some pretty potent bait

my compliments to the chef
>>
>>335875921
Living failures was shit, though.
>>
>>335875921
Bloodborne is far more memorable.
>>
File: gherman.jpg (161 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gherman.jpg
161 KB, 1920x1080
>>335885753
>Best final boss in soulsborne:
Gherman, The First Hunter

>Most versatile boss in soulsborne
Sanctuary Guardian

>Most spectacular boss in soulsborne
Ludwig The Accursed/ The Holy Blade

>Best music
Ludwig The Accursed/ The Holy Blade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALbVEmzY5S4

>Best atmosphere in a boss
Ludwig The Accursed/The Holy Blade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF3LooXSxaI

>Most beautiful and consistent areas in soulsborne:
Hunter's Dream by the old tree, Cainhurst Castle, Brygenworth & Rom's Boss arena, Nightmare of Mensis, Upper Cathedral Ward

>Best bosses in any first release content for a souls game

Martyr Logarius, Father Gascoigne, Blood-Starved Beast, Ebrietas, Daughter of the Cosmos, Gherman, The first Hunter, Micolash, Host of the Nightmare, Defiled Amygdala

>most memorable NPCs and bosses
>strongest and most memorable enemy NPCs
Cainhurst Crow
>best leveling waifu in any soulsborne game
Doll
>Best area in any soulsborne game,
Central Yharnham

And a laundry list of DS3's flaws to discredit it further:

>Crystal Sage, Iudex Gundyr, High Lord Wolnir, Oceiros, Ancient Wyvern and the majority of the shitty stronger boss-like NPCs being awful
>non-longsword weapons existing and being unused potential
>healing system is flasks: atrocious and always nags on you, removes game flow
>having to teleport to go to area to area or even reset an area
>covenant system in DS3 is massively inferior to runes
>Magic is underdeveloped, magic has nowhere near the versatility or utility that bloodborne has in terms of defensive, offensive and general function items and arcane gadgets justifying all the points into arcane
>magic at launch was largely justified by meaningless weapons
>games content at launch was depressingly short
>everything after Iudex in the release game is awful except Pontiff, Dancer and Champ

DS3 babbies justify their game solely cause it's the last one but let's not pretend for even a second that BB will ever come to PC.
>>
>>335876378
Bb was too easy
>>
>>335885753
>arcane underdeveloped

?
>>
>>335875921
Agreed about the aesthetic. There was something unique about it that I couldn't quite put my finger on; I think what it boils down to is--I think by now we've all run around in a full suit of plate armor smashing the fuck out of everything.
The setting of BB for me was the biggest thing that drew me in, and believe me, I'm not one of those one or the other faggots. They're both awesome games, I just prefer Bloodborne, primarily for the aesthetic.
>>
DS3 Was weak in many aspects such as length, NPC depth and questlines, and difficulty
>>
>>335875921
I liked Bloodborne the most
There's some really bad design decisions but it still engaged me for 5 playthroughs.
Dark souls 3 is more difficult and has a lot more content but within hours of playing I had many issues with it and I just don't want to playthrough it again. Hell due to the bosses moving faster and making blocking less useful I played it like bloodborne but due to it being a souls game it felt clunkier and less satisfying.
>>
>>335875921
>am I the only one who thinks Bloodborne is a superior game on almost every merit?

No

It's certainly far from being perfect, and I think both DaS 1 and DeS are better games than it overall, but BB is still a lot better than DaS 3
>>
>>335875921
Apparently you aren't since this is about the 4th time I've seen this thread.
>>
>>335897051
>4th time
You must be very new. Welcome to 4chan.
Upvoted.
>>
Bloodborne I like more overall, but I did kind of miss the roleplaying aspect of Dark Souls.
>>
Base game Bloodborne was good, but only had a couple NGs of replay value.
Bloodborne: The Old Hunters I don't think From will ever, ever top.
>>
>>335875921
OP here. I'm amazed the thread stayed up overnight and was, relatively, devoid of shitposting.
For the record, I'm not trying to say Dark Souls III is a bad game, or even disappointing, but I do think Bloodborne was closer to what it was meant to be than Dark Souls III could ever hope to have been, most likely because of the expectations people would have for the third game in the Dark Souls series.
>>335875990
True, but I still think the base game is a masterpiece, and the DLC is just the biggest cherry in existence.
>>335876016
Thanks, m8, glad you enjoy it.
>>
>>335875921
I loved BB. I do like it more than DkS3. I've never been much of a shield guy so I think I liked the gameplay more ultimately. I absolutely love BB's aesthetic too. The dark Victorian-meets-Lovecraft setting is just too good.
>>
>>335875921

as a videogame dark souls 3 has more going for it but it's a lot less "unique" being the third entry

BB is pretty much a next gen version of Nightmare Creatures with RPG elements, in that I think, it has more flavour
>>
>>335887293

you can't phisically play it until you reach a certain point in the main game anyway(need tonsil stone), just don't play it in NG+ it will rape you
>>
>>335875921
I'm a professional cowboy and I use catheters. Been cowboyin' for 25 years. I've had 14 broken bones, 2 concussions and a punctured lung. I know pain and I don't want any more of it. Especially when I cath.
>>
File: dubs original.jpg (30 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
dubs original.jpg
30 KB, 472x472
>>335900000
checked
>>
>>335900000
>brokeback mountain
Goddamn quint-jackin' jockeys.
>>
>>335900000
FUCK
>>
>>335900000
chek'd
>>
why are dark souls thread so fucking garbage?
i like bloodborne's lore better than DaS so far, but DaS3 has actual NPCs
Bloodborne's bigger problem for me was how Defeating bosses alway led to a Dead End except for the DLC and father gascoigne. DaS3 on the other had gives you a brand new area to explore after every boss.
Overall i think it comes to personal preference. I think both are great but DaS3 as a game clicks with me better even though BBs lore is much more interesting
>>
>>335900000
>shit blogpost destroyed by dubs
Nice. Get fucked.
>>
>>335900000
Nice.
*tips catheter*
>>
>>335877206
Base BB was 8/10, DLC BB is 10/10.
>>
>>335903596
Fun fact - the Dlc was made almost entirely by Japan Studio because the majority of the development team was on DS3
>>
>>335900000
Well shit.
>>
>>335875921
>am I the only one who thinks Bloodborne is a superior game on almost every merit?
Yes.
>I'd still like to know if anyone agrees with me in that Bloodborne was the best of the five
No.
>>
File: 1254868750731.jpg (106 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1254868750731.jpg
106 KB, 1680x1050
>>335900000

why dont you

piss off?
>>
File: Bloodborne__20160423194358.png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne__20160423194358.png
4 MB, 1920x1080
lel
>>
>>335875921
I like both games, though i prefer the slow deliberate combat of Dark Souls and i thought that every weapon being able to do anything in BB wasn't such a good idea. I think limited movesets are actually superior, in BB the weapons didn't feel that different to me despite them being completely different in terms of design. Don't know...

In terms of settings, Bloodborne, unlike Dark Souls is very coherent and pulls it off just as well as Demon's Souls did, Dark Souls 3 just feels like pandering and Fan service.

My problem with Bloodborne is that the setting is so grim and dark that you get tired of it very fast. I think i only did 2 full playthroughs before i stopped playing it until DLC released. It's exhaustingly dark.
>>
File: Rakuyo.jpg (29 KB, 402x402) Image search: [Google]
Rakuyo.jpg
29 KB, 402x402
>>335904578
>BB the weapons didn't feel that different to me despite them being completely different in terms of design
>fast as fuck mercy blades
>slow and stronk kirkhammer
>fast and lean whip
>axe and sawblade smash and hack types
>stabby katana variations
>giant pizza cutter you can hold and keep spinnin nigga
Your "feel" is worthless, anon. The weapons are completely different in every way. The difference to DS is you can make use of all of them because they're more versatile and therefore always useful.
>exhaustingly dark
>playing souls games
Just go play MLPony and never talk to my wife's son ever again.
>>
>>335875921
Dark Souls 3 was the worst game of the series for me, but I haven't played bloodborne yet

it was just so dull and unmemorable
also absolutely zero story this time, no interesting NPCs, nothing
the game was honestly pretty bad
>>
>>335904896
You're retarded.
Dark Souls 3 is dark fantasy, yes, but there is also a lot of beauty in it. Bloodborne is just grotesque and disgusting and dark from the first second to the last.

Actually why am i even responding to you, the cuck meme and MLP sentence proved that you're just another /v/tard
>>
>>335905127
>why am i even responding to you
I did say your "feel" is worthless. You're more hollow than the fags you cut down with swords.
>not seeing the beauty in Bloodborne
Check out pic related and stay within that area of life.
>>
>>335905290
kill yourself immediately
>>
>>335889618
In 10 years or whatever when emulating the PS4 is trivial and everyone else finally plays Blooodborne, they will understand how perfect it is.
>>
>>335905127
>bloodborne has a cohesive style and doesn't do the forest world, lava world, ice world trope

gee, what a bad game design.
>>
>>335888685
Longer?
took me 20 hours to finish BB while it took me 35 hours to finish ds3
>>
File: 1461801946791.jpg (44 KB, 500x393) Image search: [Google]
1461801946791.jpg
44 KB, 500x393
>>335887040
I bought my PS4 with Bloodborne late last year and I have played through the game maybe eight times since then. I can't stop playing this game, it's just so fucking good. It's blowing my mind that people run around claiming it has "no replay value".
>>
File: skeletor.jpg (42 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
skeletor.jpg
42 KB, 600x400
>>335905634
>it has "no replay value".
That is true if you only own a PC
>>
BB is the game that had the most development time and it shows. It never drops in quality, only increasing in the fuckery and kind of enemies you encounter.

The story is also better. Even if it's lovecraft inspired it remains original. Characters are better, the world is better, the gameplay is better.

Weapon variety is better tha other games. Every single one is unique and can work, meanwhile Dark souls has a lot of swords which are objectively superior in any way in other weapons of the same category.
>>
>>335889618
I wish it was on everything too, so people would stop pretending that everyone who says it's terrible is a pcuck
>>
>>335905707
PCucks BTFO
>>
>>335905786
>Dark souls has a lot of swords which are objectively superior in any way in other weapons of the same category.
Even fuckin' Yahtzee said he saw no point in ever changing the Longsword and just dumped upgrades on it till the end.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/116862-Dark-Souls-3-Review
>>
>>335905634
It has no replay value because you can't play anything else than very close-mid range combat in BB. You always tackle the bosses the same way actually regardless of your weapon because they are all more or less fast and some just a bit slower, which means that you'll always use the same safe window to attack them.

Casting time in Dark Souls 3 change completely your playstyle if you go full magic compared to a close range build. Bosses are designed to be dicks for specific builds.

In Bloodborne you play more or less the same with every weapon, it is just a choice of moveset.
>>
>>335875921
I didn't like it as much as Dark Souls reason being was the complete lack of weapons and most of them are unacceptable untill your near the end of the game so I'm stuck with my starter weapon most of the time
>>
>>335884383
>video games
>art

don't tip that fedora too hard
>>
>>335906107

And magic in DS3 is just raising your staff and sending out magic.

The magic consists:

small ray
bigger ray
even bigger ray
biggest ray.
yellow ray
constant ray

there ya go chump, the magic diversity.

In BB magic atleast is actually different.

tl;dr: BB is quality, Ds3 is quantity(but not really)
>>
>>335905959
>don't understand that replay value means doing different playthroughs
>don't understand that if you give up on the straight swords for your second playthrough, the game is completely different.
>>
>>335906107
>Casting time in Bloodborne change completely your playstyle if you go full arcane compared to a close range build
Your argument is retardedly blind and you've obviously never attempted to play BB from start to finish with a different weapon.
>>
>>335875921
I will freely admit that I am painfully jealous of Bloodborne's exclusivity on PS4.
>>
>>335906282
Guess someone completely forgot Oolacile Golden Sorceries and various unconventional effect spells. In BB the only spell that was even mildly interesting was the tentacle hand and even that is basically just a firewhip with different art xD
>>
>>335876016
>two posts in yet again
Hahahahaha
>>
>>335906282
And yet bosses have specific moves to punish ranged attacks, making ranged attacks no longer OP and worth playing.
>>
>>335876879
Except there are two separate second phases that rely on choice made during first phase lol. No BB boss has that going.
>>
>>335879543
>guy with no imagination starts talking

Bloodborne had no fucking premise for DLC, yet still managed to bring something completely new to the table.
>>
>>335905959
man I wanna see him kill Yhorm with that longsword
>>
>>335906715
I killed him with the Uchi +9. Took a while but it was very easy because he crouches down every 3 seconds if you stand in front of him.
>>
>>335906704
that's bait.
>>
>>335905634
>>335905707
>>335904896

About the replay value of BB compared to DaS3

Not unique drops:
>Grave wardens twinblades
>Cathedrale knight weaponry
>Lothric Knight weaponry
>Evangelist mace
>the fork used by undead settlement dwellers for a funny moveset
>Great Machete used by the butcher fuckers
>Dark Sword
>Estoc
>The spooky skeleton weaponry
>Pontiff knights weaponry
>Jailer weaponry
>Thrall weaponry
>Different chimes
>Silver and Dark knight sets/weaponry
> The angel knight weaponry
>Gargoyle weapons
You can beat the game without finding any of those even though you cleaned the whole game. And they are all interesting to play, worth owning and potential game changers.

It is almost as many weapons as there was in Bloodborne Vanilla
>>
File: 1450422267510.png (781 KB, 565x800) Image search: [Google]
1450422267510.png
781 KB, 565x800
>>335875921
I unironically agree with you completely. Quality>quantity.

For me it was the lore that sealed the deal.
>>
>>335884982
Why would covenants matter. The games co op system was bullshit.

But lack of weapon variety? The fuck you talking about. Each weapon is actually 2 different weapons that play differently.

Ive seen people with holy moonlight blade in pvp do like 1k damage in claymore mode. And then shoot space dust at me transformed.

Evry weapon is amazing
>>
>>335907895
R1 spamming fast weapons:
>all the light ones you've posted
R2 when time is right weapons:
>all the heavy ones you've posted
Had you put them in order i'd have done the split but i can't be bothered to select them.
>different chimes
Amazing.
>not mentioning fist weapons
>not mentioning shortbow Robin Hood-mode
Honestly, it's the categories that are worth more in DaS than anything else for replayability. What good is having 10 different ultra greatswords?
Why bother making an unupgradable poison spear drop from a boss when you can simply upgrade your shit spear to +10 and poison gem it?
DaS3 went all out with redundancy but overall was less original than BB crazy weapons.
>>
>>335907895
Actually no, a lot of those aren't worth it or that fun to use. And the Dark Sword and Estoc shit all over everything on the list. Lothric Knight is split damage garbage. Funny movesets don't equal viability sadly. Chimes are useless, miracles are useless.
This is part of the problem with the game currently. They're ignoring what's actually wrong with the weapons in every patch so far, poise doesn't work for greatswords, and killing build variety by making magic fucking unplayable.

Every single weapon in BB is viable, different, and good. I'd rather have that than 20 straight swords but oh look this one scales with a C in dex
>>
>>335902252
The reason some bosses were a dead end is because you fought optional bosses man.

The main storyline bosses are.

Papa G, Vicar Amelia, Shadows of Yharnam, Rom the Spider, The One Reborn, Wet Nurse, Then Gerhman.

Literally all these bosses lead into eachover no back trekking
>>
>>335908490
>I can't play other weapons because this one is the best
>Whaaaa ;_; why is magic harder to use now?
PvP will eventually be balanced. Very different difficulties with different builds is a plus for the PvE actually. Magic not being overpowered anymore is a very good thing.

>>335908386
Just gave exemples of what you could absolutely never find in a playthrough on DaS3 and why on the long run the game has a better replay value than Bloodborne.
>What good is having 10 different ultra greatswords?
Different weaponry for different soul levels range in PvP and actually allow hybrids. Also boss weapons were useful only for the PvE
>>
>>335875921

BB was easily the best in the series but missed a few elements that made it a truly perfect game.

>Gem balance.
>Preliminary chalices taking way too fucking long.

Those were the big fuckups. There were plenty of small-time nitpicks, but those were the two things that really kept it from achieving divine status.

It would have been nice if you could have just jumped in the deep end right off the bat with FRC chalices and hard as fuck bosses.
>>
>>335909290
>what you could absolutely never find in a playthrough on DaS3
Are you retarded?
>why on the long run the game has a better replay value
Oh, I see. You think GEAR DROPS = replay value and disregard things like how they work aka you're an MMOfag.

No wonder you love picking up trash and think >>335907895 is "hard" to find - grinding is what you perceive as "difficulty".

DaS is truly dead.
>>
>>335909338
Explain gem balance. It makes sense. To me. Once you actually get to the dungeons that have the gems you want farming is ridicioulsy easy.

Set the same dungeon on all 6 tombstones. Then go kill the first boss or w.e. and rinse and repeat across the 6 tombstones. And your done.

But getting there was diffiuclt ik but shit man its a souls game with farming added. I think thats a plus regardless.
>>
>>335909727

Damage was the only worthwhile mod and boring as fuck. They really missed an opportunity. Gems are Wasted Potential: the Mechanic.

I grinded through the chalices quite a few times, and let me tell you it was boring as fuck each time. I don't mind grinding, but Jesus don't make me wade through hours of optional procedurally generated content before even allowing access to useful shit.
>>
>>335909487
>is "hard" to find - grinding is what you perceive as "difficulty".
Never said they were hard to find, but you can, not find them on a first playthrough and find them in another playthrough and adapt your build to it, and then change your playstyle because of it. It is the game changing thing that is valuable, not the grinding one. In Bloodborne, if you clean the whole game in your successive playthroughs you'll eventually have exactly the same inventory, which is a shame.
>>
>>335909290
>I can't play other weapons because this is the best
You can. You just suffer needlessly for it. And that's literally a problem. You don't get that with BB. Every weapon is good.
>>
>>335910347
>game doesn't waste your time by making you grind
>which is a shame
Get out, blizzard shill. >>335893569
>>
>>335910118
Considering you can make almost any weapon a pure arcane weapon via gems they're totally worth it, you can use heavy strength weapons like the Beast Cutter or Kirk's or Ludwig's but with only investment in Arcane to get damage out of them, albeit elemental damage, not to mention that Arcane scales well all the way to 99 so you want to go as high as you can in it to capitalize on that.
>>
>>335911019
And you can use scaling gems to change strength weapons to scale with skill, or make skill weapons scale with strength, you can do a lot of fun stuff too, like putting fast poison gems on a Chikage and play a poison build.
>>
>>335910968
Having different inventories and different possibilities without actively trying to farm weapons is not a bad thing.
>>
>>335900000
Noice
>>
>>335911429
Wanting something in particular has now devolved into farming for it. Not to mention the covenant fiasco which made tons of people farmers as if they're playing wow.
Thread replies: 128
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.