[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right? I personally liked the ocean
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7
File: 1440058818938.jpg (602 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1440058818938.jpg
602 KB, 1280x720
What went right?

I personally liked the ocean
>>
File: 1420765936485.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1420765936485.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>335875568
Nailed it, OP. The ocean is literally the only redeemable feature of that heap of trash. The water graphics were stellar even on last-gen and exploring under the sea was superb.
>>
File: Screenshot-Original (6).png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original (6).png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Online mode went right. There are some blatant issues such as load times, servers sometimes crapping out, the kuruma, and the homing launcher. Overall, however, it's great. Everyone who bitches about shit being too expensive is just a loner-fag. I had 1.3 million on tuesday, and decided to get the middle yacht because it was 5.6 million until today. Made it by playing about 2-3 hours for the last couple days. No heists. VIP work is the best thing they've added to Online.
>>
>>335875568
Things that I felt were personally better than IV were obviously the graphics and actually having an ocean. But the first person mode was also pretty fucking incredible and they went all out with ironsights and everything, it was really the only thing that kept me on 5 for so long.
>>
>>335876027
I just wish I could explore the ocean without sharks
>>
You can fly the 747 in story mode.

... But you can't in multiplayer, so it cancels out.

Why oh why, Rockstar, can't we fly the 747 in MP?
>>
>>335876452
with homing launchers, it would be a nightmare flying those things. I do wish that R* would make the TITAN be able to open the back and transport vehicles/whatever fits in the back. Make it useful.
>>
Homing launchers are complete BS, they need to either nerf their range or give Helicopters/Planes flares
>>
>>335876064
>run around for an hour and kill people
>"Hm, that car looked cool, maybe I'll try to get that"
>grind for six hours
>get enough money for car
>drive in it for a total of five minutes before a guy throws a sticky bomb on it
>>
>>335875568
This game was a disappointment. It was extremely boring.

Complete waste of money.
>>
There's a surprising amount of buildings that you can climb. Shame how they completely removed the parkour stuff from gta4
>>
Ocean?
>>
>>335876064
>Online mode went right.

stopped reading there
>>
>>335877039
they should make the armed/military helicopters and planes (buzzard, annihilator, savage, cargobob, Valkyrie, Besra) be able to take 2-3 homing missiles depending on which one. And luxury planes and helos have flares. The Lazer and Hydra shouldn't be protected as its very simple to avoid homing missiles.

Ideally they would remove the homing launcher, as well as remove homing missiles from the LAZER, Hydra, and Buzzard.
>>
>>335877954
The way they made the lazer's machineguns explosive really made dogfighting uninteresting and contrived as fuck. That and how if any explosion touched a vehicle anywhere, it would explode, no questions asked. Everything felt too "cinematic"
>>
>>335877087
>fun
>sure
>no need for that unless you're a loner
>ok
>insurance should be the first thing you get, and also git gud (or at least mediocre).
>>
>Michael's great
>Good supporting characters
>First Person Mode in the Enhanced Version
>AI actually isn't retarded and aggressive if you try to obey traffic laws
>Lots of shit to do

Literally my only complaint is them putting Online unlockable shit behind a level grind
>>
>>335876027
>The water graphics were stellar

Fucking this. Whoever made the water should be given a medal.
>>
>>335878331
>Literally my only complaint is them putting Online unlockable shit behind a level grind

When will this meme end. Made about 4 million in the past couple of days and bought the 20% off yacht. Played 2 hours on Tuesday, 5 on Wednesday and 2 today. VIP work is where it's at.
>>
>>335878675

I said level not money
>>
File: leon.jpg (80 KB, 431x424) Image search: [Google]
leon.jpg
80 KB, 431x424
>>335876027
mfw not enough ocean missions
>>
>>335878763
Levels go up quick when you do VIP work, Heists, missions, races, literally anything that isn't killing people in free roam. More now, since R* has been having douple xp something or another continuously for a couple months now.
>>
>>335875568
The environments really blew me away, ocean included.

But seriously, there was a lot of care put into making every part of that huge game look great. It pays off when you got dozens of interesting places to race, firefight, hunt, fly or whatever else that game allows you to do.
>>
>>335879131
Everything they have is alright to fantastic, but having such a large part of the map be ocean/desert was a negative for me as I'm from LA. They could have tried to fit more of the LA greater area.
>>
Car Mods.
>>
File: my character.png (2 MB, 1721x990) Image search: [Google]
my character.png
2 MB, 1721x990
any way I could make my character look even remotely close to this.
>>
>>335877306
>parkour stuff

u wot m8?

you mean how niko clumsily grabbed onto ledges at very specific places? not really parkour. remember throwing bricks? also very helpful.
>>
>>335879614
Being able to jump from building to building without your character sliding off the first ledge. I liked how you could slide over the hood on vehicles in V.
>remember throwing bricks? also very helpful.

throwing donuts and cigarrettes at people never got old in gta4. Wish they include it in the next game but maybe add lethality with things like rocks and bricks
>>
>>335879614
not him, but in online you could land on top of any building, and work your way down if you knew what you were doing. you can't do that without dying/parachuting in GTAV
>>
File: 1460380090694.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
1460380090694.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
>get 3 stars
>this starts playing
>as you progress to 4 and 5 stars, the music changes in intensity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MKvsXA94Zk
>>
>>335880356
OST is top notch. Don't think there's another game, let alone another GTA, I've played with a better ost
>>
File: real human bean.jpg (96 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
real human bean.jpg
96 KB, 1280x544
>just wanted a next gen rockstar game with kickass map and graphics and fun shit to do
>was excited for a game set in LA, so much cool shit to make a story out of there
>3 character gimmick
>totally disregard anything having to do thematically with LA in favor for a retarded story that piggybacks off the 3 character gimmick
>story is total shit

so close rockstar. Just wanted to get pic related feel in a video game
>>
>>335880938
this
>>
>>335875568
>>335875568
Nothing wheres my Red Dead Revenge cuckstar ?
>>
>>335881647
retribution, revolution.
step you game up anon.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.