[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/V/ Lets discuss what the fuck you want out of vidya game villains.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: best.jpg (7 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
7 KB, 190x265
/V/

Lets discuss what the fuck you want out of vidya game villains.

What philosophy's do you think future games should have?
>>
Solidus literally did nothing wrong
>>
I just want the villain to be right and incredibly smug about it

kind of like Solidus but without the child soldiers thing to paint him as evil
>>
File: 3947034-valentine.png (253 KB, 500x506) Image search: [Google]
3947034-valentine.png
253 KB, 500x506
I want villains who are assholes, but all the asshole things are for some greater good. Dudes like my pic, your pic, and (arguably?) Armstrong from MGR
>>
I like some back story of how their intentions began pure and noble, like they could have been the hero in their own right, until it went wrong/too far and now it's too late. Solidus is a great villain. Also Andrew Ryan
>>
Hero who discovered a greater truth about the world and learns he/she has not been saving the world at all but actually worsening it's state
They pleaded with empire or group in power but got no assistance in saving.
They eventually go off on their own path to try to correct the world and are branded traitors but a group of heros arises to stop them.

So basically the noble, pure, misunderstand for the greater good kinda villians
>>
>>335873451
do you even believe that?
>>
>>335873451
>Child soldiers
>Torture
>Tentacle executions

He was a piece of shit. I don't know why MGS2 fags are blind as fuck.
>>
>>335874047
Valentine is my favorite manga villain. This x100,

I do worry though it would become a troupe and /v/ would just complain they are tired of villains being right and the heros being wrong.
>>
>>335874605
All of those things were done for the greater good. Not sure why a fag like you can't see that.
>>
Villains are all poorly written

When they're objectively evil, it's unrealistic and feels like something from a Disney movie or a James Bond film or something.

When they have good ideas, but go about it the wrong way, they don't really feel like a true villain

make games without a bad guy
>>
>>335875635

The heroes don't have to be "wrong" either. It's greater good like "muh country" vs more personal things like "you killed my friend/made me a child solider/etc."
>>
They just need to be a good rival that you want to beat up, I don't care if they have deep motivations or not
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.