[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>spend at least an hour learning to rocket jump >feel great
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 1403088844288.png (567 KB, 697x420) Image search: [Google]
1403088844288.png
567 KB, 697x420
>spend at least an hour learning to rocket jump
>feel great after I finally get it
meanwhile in overwatch
>press button to fly
>>
How the fuck did it take you an hour to learn how to rocket jump? Do you have legitimate learning disabilities?
>>
>>335864093
Well there's learning to do it and there's learning to do it well. For myself that was finishing a rocket jump map.
>>
>>335864093
Yeah this. Just point down, jump, crouch if needed, and shoot. Don't use the rocket jumper or that dumb parachute tho. Gunboats and the market gardener is where it's at.
>>
>>335863152
>Character can't fly
>Need to shoot rocket at feet to fly
>Character has jetpack
>Its easy for them to fly
Wow.... its like.... these characters.... are nothing... alike.... woah....
>>
>>335864601
But Overwatch has shitty movement all around.
>>
>>335864706
Howso? It controls like any other FPS; use WASD to or control stick to move. There's literally no complications to it.
>>
>Blizzard game is more casual
Shocking.
>>
>>335865073
That's just it, it's too basic. No air strafing is a big one. Is it possible to surf enemy explosions consistently or is it just a luck thing?
>>
>>335864093
You sound like one of those horrible technique soldiers that do way more damage to themselves from the explosion than necessary and always take fall damage because they can't control height.
>>
>game has zero falling damage
not sure how to feel about that
>>
>>335865367
>projecting this fucking hard because you're so bad at something so easy
>>
>>335863152
>>335864601
Not to mention that, ironically, rocket jumping seems to be a much faster way to get around and done well means one is much more maneuverable.

Phara and Mercy's flight is fairly slow and not terribly maneuverable as I recall. I don't think you can cross the map with either of them, can you?
>>
>no conc jumps in tf2

/v/ has a very selective memory sometimes
>>
>>335865662
This

it's like they keep taking away stuff that people have to manage like ammo, fall damage, no mechanical skill abilities, and ultimate denial but don't add any real complexity to the game.

Seems like they're treaming the fat but trimming off the meat too.
>>
>>335868775
>no mechanical skill abilities

There are as many in OW as there are in TF2. Maybe the frequency at which you can use them is different. Hell, Tracer has more tech than probably all of TF2 put together.
>>
>>335868924
Pressing a button to do something is different then, timing, aiming, jumping,crouching, strafing.

It's kind of like how rising thunder made all fighter inputs into cooldown abilities. the output is the same, but now theres very little choice in how the game plays.

Theres no
>do I rocket jump, how should I rocket jump
>I don't have much hp, I'll also be down a rocket

its
>well my cooldown is up

I'm not saying that's bad, and tf2 wasn't FILLED to the brim with it, but if you're going to casualize everything, your going to need to add a new layer of depth.
>>
>>335869405
That's what I'm saying. You can jump using Conc blast with Pharah, and you can grenade jump on Junkrat as well. Stop spreading misinformation.
>>
File: 1234354.png (39 KB, 417x414) Image search: [Google]
1234354.png
39 KB, 417x414
>>335863152
You can always tell who hasn't played Overwatch by the people who think TF2 of all games requires more mechanical skill.
>>
>>335863152
>hour learning to rocket jump

If you can't figure out how to do that shit in a minute tops you are retarded.

If you can't master it within the hour kys.
>>
>>335869491
but theres no self damage, theres no aiming required, theres not even a loss in main ammo.

It's just a
Can I do it right now?

And honestly, the ability cooldown is blizzards easy out on balancing this many heroes. It's a lot easier to balance stuff with cooldowns than skill, so I totally understand why they have it.

Still it lacks a lot of depth.
>>
>>335869737
>no aiming required
>i haven't played ow

I get it anon, you want to shit on OW because you think TF2 is better. Next time try to play both games first, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SG&hl=en-GB&v=5a131NVUYRo

Here's what TF2 removed.
>>
>>335869913
Wasn't that remove because people just spammed grenades, so they tied it to a main weapon ammo source to limit the spam?

Like something anyone whose about to die in overwatch would do?

Also isn't the pharah conc jump bugged to shit, and the junkrat grenade jump takes 4 *no idea the exact number* seconds to reliably det.

I mean you could throw a grenade, normal explosive jump, get a kill and then blast out with the grenade? but is that even possible?
>>
>look down
>press spacebar
>click almost immediately afterward
wow it's fucking nothing

if you said sticky jumping I might actually believe you
>>
File: 1429868544769.jpg (35 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1429868544769.jpg
35 KB, 480x360
>>335870532
Even with the shit posting that's still two more inputs
>>
>>335863152
>rocket jump
meanwhile at UT4 you become Strider with that wall jumping bonanza
>>
>>335863152
got it on my first try, took me 2 kills to figure out all I had to do is shoot at the floor to win any fire fight.
>>
>>335870387
>Wasn't that remove because people just spammed grenades, so they tied it to a main weapon ammo source to limit the spam?

This has nothing to do with Conc Jumping as a skill. Conc Grenades weren't something you "spammed" you had to place them properly to get really good jumps and you only had 2 most of the time.

I find it hilarious that TF2 players are now complaining about the lack of basic rocket jumping when TF2 was already a casualization to begin with.
>>
>tfw cod takes more skill than csgo and tf2 combined
>>
>>335871774
or maybe they just wanted to balance it with self damage and wanted to remove the stun and grenades in general.

And all of this doesn't negate the fact that blizzard is removing shit from a game that's longevity is revolved around getting good at the skills in the game.
>>
>>335863152
how do you do those weird ass rocket jumps that dont get much height but make you go fast as fuck almost hovering the ground
>>
>>335872253
You jump first aim behind your self delay the shot a bit and then shoot.

You then aim down at your feet everytime you get close to the ground to pogo off of it.

There should be videos on it.
>>
>>335866631
You used to be able to rooftop surf with Pharah to regen fuel without having to stop flying so you could effectively stay flying forever, but they nerfed that. Good Pharahs can stay in the air for exceptional amounts of time if they manage their fuel and time their jump properly.

Newbie Pharahs tend to jump into the air and just become a target and die or barely hover before falling back to the ground. Good Pharahs will appear over the horizon like an apache helicopter and rain down the rockets before you can respond.
>>
>>335871924
'no'
>>
>>335872790
>You used to be able to rooftop surf with Pharah to regen fuel without having to stop flying so you could effectively stay flying forever, but they nerfed that.
is there anything else like this in the game?
I just want a FREE class that can just fly around the map.
>>
>>335864093
>>335866360
Rocket jumping well is actually pretty damn difficult to do consistently. If that wasn't the case then any asshole could play pro Soldier considering the rest of the class is piss easy.
>>
>>335863152
You can rocket jump with Pharah though.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.