[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FALLOUT 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 12
File: ilz6yicwfquqoyalkwjd.jpg (207 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
ilz6yicwfquqoyalkwjd.jpg
207 KB, 800x450
Why does everyone like fallout 3 so much? Its a good game, but not 10/10? Can anyone explain this?
>>
I prefer NV because of the terrain and because I liked how you can choose multiple people to inv to your side before shit hits the fan.
>>
>>335859105
It was a first modern open world experience for a lot of people around my age (21-25) who didn't have a gaming pc at the time and just had a handful of 360 games like Gears and CoD.

"Ah cool, a singleplayer FPS with RPG elements in a big open apocalyptic future setting" was the reaction from most people at the time even though it can barely be played like and fps because of how shit the shooting felt without VATS.

On first playthrough it seems so massive and the possibilities and options for role-playing seem limitless but once you get through the main quest you see how linear it really is and how little choice you have. There's no real different narrative paths to take at all, you can be a dick in dialogue options and get bad karma but it doesn't effect the outcome of anything in a meaningful way.

It got high scores because people played it once and then reviewed it, not realizing the illusion of choice and many non-viable playstyles on subsequent playthroughs.
>>
>Why does everyone like fallout 3 so much?
Because most people aren't very smart.

>Its a good game, but not 10/10? Can anyone explain this?
Read above. It's not even a good game. It's a complete fucking mess even when you forget about all the shit it gets wrong as a "Fallout" game and just try to think about it as a standalone new IP.
>>
File: photo (1).jpg (50 KB, 510x512) Image search: [Google]
photo (1).jpg
50 KB, 510x512
>>335861153

>Because most people aren't very smart

https://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart
>>
>>335859105
A lot of people on /v/ doesn't like it

Me? I just found the game to be janky as fuck and the green moss filter is killing me
>>
File: 1430024571327.jpg (213 KB, 521x596) Image search: [Google]
1430024571327.jpg
213 KB, 521x596
I think it's less bugged than New Vegas
>>
>>335861807
All enlightenment and fedora tipping aside. If you think Fallout 3 is a good game, then I'm smarter than you.
>>
File: uFBMkRW.png (61 KB, 452x357) Image search: [Google]
uFBMkRW.png
61 KB, 452x357
>>335861153

>Because most people aren't very smart.

Nice, putting edge into your opinion that was totally unneeded.
>>
>>335862089

>IQ
>Video games

I liked Fallout 3, but even I can see the fucking flaws in the gameplay and story in it sticking out farther than the stick up your ass.
>>
>>335860912

Basically this
It was fun and had a huge rich worldspace with awesome art deco stuff, but it had the depth of a kiddie pool in terms of RPG elements. It was good if you didn't consider it an RPG.
>>
>>335859105
Probably because it was everyone's first Fallout
>>
File: Fallout 3 criticism.png (282 KB, 798x2904) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 3 criticism.png
282 KB, 798x2904
>>335859105
>fallout 3
>a good game
>>
Why do people come on here and express the tamest, most fashionable opinions like they're something revolutionary (always in the form of a question)? This place is so goddamn boring.
>>
>>335862205
Who mentioned IQ? ;-)
>>
File: Fallout 3 Ladders.png (545 KB, 1069x915) Image search: [Google]
Fallout 3 Ladders.png
545 KB, 1069x915
>CURRENT YEAR
>>
File: why fallout 3 is shit.jpg (934 KB, 2006x2173) Image search: [Google]
why fallout 3 is shit.jpg
934 KB, 2006x2173
I can't blame people for enjoying it at the time, but thankfully people now realize Bethesda casualization is terrible
>>
>>335862205
You're misinterpreting what I said. I liked Fallout 3 too. I love anything Fallout because post apocalypse is awesome. But there's a difference between liking something and thinking that it's objectively good.

Another example of this is the live action Resident Evil movies, they fucking suck but goddamn if they aren't entertaining as hell.
>>
File: fallout continuity.png (651 KB, 690x1262) Image search: [Google]
fallout continuity.png
651 KB, 690x1262
>>335862589
Fallout 3 is not "anything Fallout". It's not even a Fallout game. Neither is Fallout 4.
>>
>>335862687
It's not a "Fallout game" but it is a game in the Fallout series. Unfortunate, but we have to learn to let go.
>>
File: Emil Pagliarulo.png (455 KB, 853x436) Image search: [Google]
Emil Pagliarulo.png
455 KB, 853x436
>>335862687

How about you blame the guy who's CHIEFLY RESPONSIBLE for the shit writing then?

You know, Tim Cain and Sawyer themselves said they liked Fallout 3 though. But they didn't make one peep about 4.
>>
File: destroy yourself.webm (2 MB, 768x480) Image search: [Google]
destroy yourself.webm
2 MB, 768x480
>>335863139
>>
>>335859105
>Why does everyone like fallout 3 so much?

fallout 4 is so utterly terrible it turned 3 into a great game.
>>
>>335859105
That's exactly why I like it. You said it yourself.

>It's a good game
Sure, you've added a but, and then caveated it by saying "not perfect" with math. Okay. It's still good. I even like the Metro System.
>>
File: BoxArt_FOB.jpg (451 KB, 640x786) Image search: [Google]
BoxArt_FOB.jpg
451 KB, 640x786
>>335862687

Well, it's still a Fallout game, McEdgy. Maybe it's not good, but it's still a whole lot more worthy of being called Fallout at least as side games than the shit Interplay was going to make into a core series with sequels.

There was going to be a sequel to this, and another game with even more slipknot edgy metal music called "Fallout: XTreme"

You can just imagine how well that would've gone.
>>
>>335859105
>oh cool a big city
>turns out to be a underground walking simulator to get anywhere because rubble blocks everywhere
>repeat for each place you find
and thats when i uninstalled the game
>>
>>335863430
I really haven't played BoS past the first boss, but would it really be different than 1 or 2 if those were real time?

I guess the writing and story was lacking
>>
I dont even really consider it a "good game". Its good because of the gameplay mechanics and way it translated Fallout from a CRPG to FPS but still made it feel like a CRPG just in the first person perspective. Thats great. The actual writing, quests, story, is all shit unfortunately. Thats why New Vegas is so good, because it took the mechanics and made everything else good too.
>>
>>335863430
>it's still a Fallout game
>>
>>335859105
my first RPG/open world game: the game
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.