[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo almost never experiences leaks. Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (29 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
29 KB, 480x360
Information about upcoming SONY and Microsoft products leaks all the time, but you hardly ever hear Nintendo's secrets. People joke about ninjas, but what's the real reason? What is different about the way Nintendo operates that prevents leaks?
>>
>>335855714
free advertising.
>>
>>335855714
Dude, we got so many smash leaks and the recently leaked Kirby game wtf you on about m8
>>
I dunno, last year they had a shitload of leaks.
>>
>>335855868
All of which have been confirmed to be fake.
>>
>>335855843
This, but there's a limit, just like its happening with NX, their free advertising is turning against them.
>>
>>335855714
>People joke about ninjas, but what's the real reason?
People are so autistic about Nintendo that even if they discovered a leak they would think it their moral obligation to make sure that leak doesn't get out. Plus they would masturbate to the fact that they knew something other autistics didn't.
>>
Westerners don't know how to keep their mouths shut
>>
>>335855714
Because there's no games to leak
>>
>>335855861
Kirby leak?
>>
>>335856475
Kirby Planet Robobot's .cia leaked and everyone's fuckin pirating it!
>>
My dad works in the Yakuza and he told me that the Yakuza tracks down and kills anyone that fucks with any company that they have invested in.
>>
>>335856556
Is it a big leak?
>>
>>335856704
Yeah. Costing nintendo alot of money I'd say....

_____________FOR YOU__________
>>
>>335855971
Are you retarded? All the Smash leaks were legit and 95% of their E3 presentation was leaked as well.
>>
>>335855714
Most 'leaks' aren't actually leaks as they are released by the companies themselves to build up hype. Nintendo never really worked like that, and the few actual truthful leaks were actual leaks.
>>
>>335855714
Nintendo does experience leaks, however, Nintendo also is the subject of most fraudulent leaks which results in any Nintendo-based leaks being near-immediately disregarded.
>>
>>335855714
ninjas
>>
>>335855714
Because nobody cares about bad games
>>
>>335855714
This is the only true documented leak. But they also used terrorism to get the information.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWYoSR7-WhA
>>
From what I understand, Nintendo has multiple teams working on different aspects of their products and gives them code names of whatever it is that they are working on. No one team knows exactly what it is that the were working on until they see the finished product, or it is near completion and the public already knows about it. Leaks are kept to a minimum this way.

Nintendo: "Hey Team A we need you to come up with a sword fighting game."

Team A: "K"

Nintendo: "Team B, we need you to come up with this horse riding game."

Team B: "Alright"

Nintendo: "Team C, we need you to work on a dungeon crawling puzzle solving game."

Team C: "Will do.

~months later~

Nintendo: ~to public~ HERE'S THE NEW LEGEND OF ZELDA GAME!!!

Teams: "Wait what?!?!"
>>
>>335859750
What happened to good promos like this?
>>
>>335856307
Sony is Japanese
>>
>>335857348
>All the Smash leaks were legit

Are YOU retarded?
>>
>>335855714
probably japanese culture or cause the only people that like nintendo are 30+
>>
>>335860762
>Shulk is little mac
>>
>>335859750
This feels like it belonged on one of those lame "As seen on TV" Channels.
>>
>>335861448
It was a simpler time, young man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTi5EaocGaY
>>
>>335861660
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLdQczq3NMM
>>
>>335860398
Surely they're smart enough to figure it out. At least one group would have to deal with the Master Sword
>>
>>335855714
Considering their games have been following the same formula for years most people can just guess what's gonna happen in the next game. The few times they put something new in their game they make it a selling point that they talk about it as soon as possible and as much as possible.
>>
>>335862149
Yes, but the guy whose job it is to "render the Master Sword" wouldn't know why he's doing it or what game he is working on. He could be working on Smash Bros, Link's guest appearance in another title, the next Zelda game, etc. Nintendo is that good at keep their employees in the dark about what exactly it is that they are working on, until they are ready to say.
>>
>>335860512
The world lost it's soul
>>
>>335860398
Yeah, my dad told me the same thing. And he works at nintendo
>>
>>335863985
Makes sense, I guess.

>>335865467
I don't see how any of that is hard to believe in order to gain that type of response from you. Back in the SNES days, Rare would say the same thing about how certain guys didn't know they were working on Donkey Kong Country, or Goldeneye until the game came out.
>>
>>335865467
This isn't the first time that has been brought up. Rumors have been going around for years that Nintendo's employees don't know shit about whatever it is they're working on until they are told.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.