[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How will this gen compare Dark souls 3 was already a disappointment,Bloodborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: rpgs last gen.png (716 KB, 1214x512) Image search: [Google]
rpgs last gen.png
716 KB, 1214x512
How will this gen compare

Dark souls 3 was already a disappointment,Bloodborne was okay but nothing special,Xenoblade Xwas a step down from Xenoblade Chronicles but I still enjoy it Neptunia VII was an improvement in every way.
>>
>>335852307
All shit games.
>>
>>335852307
>nep

Stopped reading at pic.
>>
>>335852307
>anime
opinion invalid, sorry
>>
>>335852415
Play the fucking game before you talk shit bitch.Nep Victory improve on the the stagnant turn based combat,that companies like Square and Atlus refuse to improve in over a decade
>>
>>335852307
Radiant Historia is gen 7 and is a way better jrpg than XB or any Neptunia.
>>
>>335852921
>hurr burr durr ne1 who no liek mai nepu no plai it

Typical nepshitter.
>>
>>335852921
Nep is a good game but it's obvious you included it as bait.

Also:
>Square and Atlus just use the same turn based combat and don't change!
>what are FFXII, XIII and XV?
>>
>>335853231
Atlus also uses a variety of systems. They've had traditional games, the press turn system, the unique system in Radiant Historia, arpgs, etc.
>>
>>335852307
There were a million and one RPGs that were better than those three on DS and PSP during the 7th gen.
>>
>>335853047
You would understand why the game is great instead of shit posting faggot.Final Fantasy and SMT games have shit combat compared to neps.90% of the final fantasy games can be beaten with just by pressing x though the entire game.Atlus games is so braindead easy all you do fuse higher demons buff them and spam the enemy weakness until they're dead.You can't pull this type of shit in Nep games because the game would kick your ass for doing so.
>>335853231
XII and XIII were still turn base just in real time XV is the only one that advancing.Meanwhile shitsona 5 is still going to use that baby mode press turn system
>>
>>335853613
You're retarded. Nep games are easy as shit and don't do anything original either.

They're basically just even easier Legend of Heroes games with moe animu waifus.

You're like one of those FE tards who thinks that FE games are challenging srpgs.
>>
File: 1427866213251.gif (73 KB, 600x563) Image search: [Google]
1427866213251.gif
73 KB, 600x563
>>335853613
>turn based
>in real time
>>
>game that lags to 10 FPS
>game that has 10+ hours of cinematics amidst 30+ hours of filler
>weeaboo waifu pandering with no gameplay

I fail to see the good points in any of these.
>>
>>335853991
>Nep games are easy as shit and don't do anything original either.
Oh so you didn't do the challenge arenas or fight the late game bosses where position and strategy matter.The games can be easy due to easily you can break the combat,but Nep gameplay is still leagues ahead of shit games like Final Fantasy and SMT.
>They're basically just even easier Legend of Heroes games with moe animu waifus.
Are you fucking stupid these games have nothing in common except for using grid like systems.and LoH is a damn fine of example of pressing x to win hell positioning in that game doesn't even matter because the enemies are complete push overs.You would get man handle if you keep everyone in the same area in Neptunia by the strong foes plan
>>335854107
What is ATB idiot,by your definition FF 7 and FF 6 are real time to
>>
>>335852307
>compares RPG's with J-RPG's

don't put Xenoblade Chronicles in the same league with that casual darksouls shit, god.
>>
>>335854269
>Carring about FPS in a turn base game
>Complaining about cutscenes in a fucking rpg
>Complaining about waifus and pandering when that's been a thing in jrpgs since the fucking 80s
GTFO
>>
>>335854930
Is this bait both are jrpgs
>>
File: Screenshot (356).png (154 KB, 572x379) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (356).png
154 KB, 572x379
>>335855025

>Dark Souls
>turn based

>implying that's an excuse when a video game shouldn't have hours upon hours of NON-PLAYABLE segments

>using the "it's okay because everyone does it" mentality

I ain't gonna "GTFO" until you give me a reason why any of this should be excused.
>>
>>335855172
Not him but there's nothing wrong with a lot of story content in an RPG, it's like a 70 hour game.
>>
>>335855172
Oh wait you were talking about each of them my bad,but you're still fucking wrong.Dark souls FPS only goes to shit when you're in Blightown anyways you can skip the entire area like a normal person does.

>implying that's an excuse when a video game shouldn't have hours upon hours of NON-PLAYABLE segments
I agree but this is always been a thing with JRPGS just look at Xenogears,and FF 7 disc 2 when you enter Juno.It's an excuse because it's the fucking norm I'm not saying don't improve but goddamn
>>
>>335855430

>Story content
I'm not playing a story. I'm playing a video game. I shouldn't have to deal witht hat when I want to PLAY my game, and for the price they ask, I shouldn't have to skip it either.

>70 hours
Yes, and? I've played games for hundreds of hours, if not thousands. That still doesn't warrant cinematics and story and all that cancerous junk that modern game developers think is so important.

>>335855627

>Dark souls FPS only goes to shit when you're in Blightown
Or if anything more than 2 enemies appear on screen.

>I agree but this is always been a thing with JRPGS
>It's an excuse because it's the fucking norm
You know what's becoming "the norm" in this industry? 60 dollar hallway simulators that last 5 hours, then have tons of content locked away as DLC. So let me tell you, "the norm" needs to change. For the sake of good video games.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.