[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Metal Gear Solid V
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
Does anyone else choose to view MGS5 as non-canon? Very little story and lots of confusion with the retconning.
>>
>>335848384

You didn't know?

It's a side story, a precursor to the Fake Big boss in MG1 you DON'T play in MGS3.

>MGSV(enom)

MGS5 is actually Peacewalker.

They originally named it 5:
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--F6mXj30P--/18j3z5wzvmtwwjpg.jpg

It's sort of a play on words, MGSV being the "fake" MGS5.

Kojima has never referred the V as 5.
>>
>>335848384
Its shit m8. They still didnt mention how liquid and solid were created, gay ass virus, they have better tech than newer mgs.
>>
>>335849493
Yeah, the iDroid is bullshit. What the fuck was Kojima doing? How do critics regard this as the greatest MGS?
>>
It was over after 4 for me. Not in a, 4 was shit way. More like it was the last great MGS game.
>>
>>335848384
It was all a bad dream anon. The only games in the Metal Gear Series are MG1 and 2, MGS 1 through 3, Acid 1 and 2, and Ghost Babel. Metal Gear ended with 2's story.
>>
>>335849612
Also this.
>>
mgs 1,3,5 are the only mgs game that were any good. the other games are garbage despite you fans say
>>
>>335849612
>How do critics regard this as the greatest MGS?

because it's the best game
>>
>>335848384
I'm ignoring it. I'll only see MGS' plot as 1, 2 and 3. Still a good game though.
>>
>>335850648

>MGS1
Great Gameplay Great Story
>MGS2 (underrated because CuCks wanted to play as Snake)
>MGS3
>MGS4
Great Gameplay Long Shit Story
>MGS5
Great Gameplay Short Shit Story
>>
File: 1392416694610.jpg (148 KB, 800x1107) Image search: [Google]
1392416694610.jpg
148 KB, 800x1107
>>335848384
I don't view it as anything. It was so boring and padded with filler that it doesn't register as anything, perhaps save for a mobile tier time waster on a large scale. I just think it's sad that instead of ending the series on the fall of Big Boss, we got Massive Mime and his day care centre.
>>
I cannot stand it when people try to say that in spite of all of its flaws, MGSV has the best gameplay. What? It has the smoothest controls and most "options", but at the complete detriment of the level design, weapon balance, difficulty curve, boss design, and pacing. All of these are important factors in how well put together and fun a game is to play, and V is step down in all of them. The game plays worse than every numbered game, and debatably Peace Walker.

Which is an impressive amount of failure, considering Ground Zeroes excelled in all of these areas, aside from not having any boss fights. But I guess I'd prefer they never even pitched, than missed their swing like they did with man on fire and every skull encounter.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.