[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the covenants so broken? Why can't the Watchdogs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: covenant_watchdogs_of_farrom.png (91 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
covenant_watchdogs_of_farrom.png
91 KB, 240x240
Why are the covenants so broken?

Why can't the Watchdogs invade with the Red Eye Orb and get the Bloodgrass, like how the Warriors of Sunlight invade and get a Sunlight Medal?

Why isn't there a Blue Eye Orb for Darkmoon?
>>
>>335847223

Watchdogs of Farron receive their tasks through the Wolf of Farron's spirit, so they aren't able to just decide who to invade.

Darkmoon Blades and Sentinels receive their tasks through Yorshka, who inherited the covenant upon Gwyndolin's death. These two covenants seek to protect the unkindled only, so they are summoned only when a dark spirit invades a WoB member. If there were a blue eye orb, there would be players whining about a shitload of "unable to invade world" messages due to the conditions for invasion.

Not saying I agree with FROM, but it is what it is.
>>
>>335848881

Yeah, but in more than 70 hours of game-time, I have literally never ever been summoned as a Blue Sentinel or Darkmoon. Not even on new characters when we learned about the summoning ranges and requirements.
>>
and they require the largest amount of tokens for the final tier right?
>>
>>335849059
Same. I play exclusively on WoB with the dried fingers item while embered just so that other people have a chance to play. They usually end up being shitty players and die instantly, though.
>>
>>335849059
>never been summoned as a blue sentinel

Park your ass at SL 40-50 and you get summons everywhere

i had to take off the covenant item cause i kept getting summoned stopping my progress in my own game
>>
>>335849435

Currently SL 30 in the Halfway Fortress area, trying to get summoned as a Watchdog, with a +2 Astora Greatsword. When I get bored of idling, I invade with the REO.
>>
What's Watchdog's level range? I'm at SL25 with a +1 weapon.
>>
>two versions of gank forest
>two versions of sentinels
>way of blue is still a separate covenant
>nobody will ever summon a purple phantom after the first time
>no hard mode covenant
>no optional content covenant
>grinding covenant rewards offline takes longer than ever

From really fucked up this time.
>>
>>335849435

Sadly, that's not true. The auto-summon covenants are just actually broken for some people, and they aren't getting summoned no matter if they meet every condition possible or not.
>>
Weapon Memory system is broken. It actually encourages you NOT to fully upgrade your weapon.
>>
File: 29a.jpg (26 KB, 413x425) Image search: [Google]
29a.jpg
26 KB, 413x425
>trying to get "all pyromancy" achivement
>Only "warmth" left
>"hey , let's check it where I can find i..."
>it's a grape-shit convenant reward
>it requiers 30 bone shits
>>
>>335850173

Mound Makers are easy to do though.

Just put in the covenant in the slot and invade with the Red Eye Orb.
>>
>>335849923
Do we know if its just from the weapon in your inventory or any weapon you held and have in your box?
>>
>>335850767

Any weapon you have, in general, whether in inventory or your storage box.
>>
>>335850859
thats shit
>>
>>335850859
That's fucking bullshit, what's wrong with from
>>
>>335851018
>>335850949

>that's shit

Welcome to From Software's idea about multiplayer.

Are you folks forgetting how it was back in Demon's Souls, Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.