[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has a game ever done universal ammunition well? How do you stop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Has a game ever done universal ammunition well?

How do you stop players from picking one gun and blazing through the whole game?
>>
>Has a game ever done universal ammunition well?
No.

Better question: Has a game ever done ammunition _itself_ well ? As in giving you enough to be careful and make it but not so little that you just run past / melee everything.
>>
>>335847048
Silent Hill was breddy okay at it. It balanced pick ups based on your play style and amount of amo you used during the game.
>>
>>335847048
Serious Sam does ammo well
>>
>>335847154
I've only played 2, based on that I'd have to agree as I never felt too desperate but definitely felt like every shot mattered. Do the other games follow suit ?
>>
>>335847048

i play a lot of FPS and i think any linear game typically handles the ammo well. games with open worlds you barely ever run out because constant trips to buy more.

metro games my fav tho because you were always a few magazines away from being out and i've even gone into huge fights with barely any ammo
>>
>>335846892

desu i can't think of any games that had universal ammo that are traditional FPS genre
>>
Your image reminded me of Black. This is now a black thread. PS4 release of the PS2 thingy release shit black when
>>
>>335847331
1 and 3 definitely. Not so sure about 4th because it was based on hub world thing.
I don't count American Sillent Hills.

Also, if you decide to save ammo for a boss fight or whatever and you were killing small shrimp with melee weapons, the typical ammo pick ups would be replaced with small healthpacks to compensate for higher-risk melee combat.
Opposite was for shooting, if you used a lot of ammo,you'd find a lot of ammo but little of healthpacks with exceptions for a set points in game (like nurse's office etc).
>>
>>335847048
You need to play reciever.
>>
>>335847048
No game has done ammo better than New Vegas
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.