[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If there was a way to play vidya while you were sleeping would
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: proper-pillow-stomach-sleeping.jpg (81 KB, 424x283) Image search: [Google]
proper-pillow-stomach-sleeping.jpg
81 KB, 424x283
If there was a way to play vidya while you were sleeping would you do it?
>>
There is. Lucidity.
>>
Why would I ruin sleep with shitty fucking video games?
>>
>>335845331
I dometimes dream about playing tetris. It's pretty amazing how my mind can produce different patterns.
>>
>>335845331
Why does it look like she has someone playing her her butt
>>
You can, it's called dreaming.

The better question is would you dream during the day if it were possible to force it.
>>
>tfw still can't get lucid dreams
FUCK HOW DO I DO THAT SHIT
>>
>>335849539
you dont want to anon
>>
>>335849761
You think I don't but I do
>>
>>335849539
read
>>335849761

You really don't, anon. I have sleep paralysis all the time for some unknown reason and I can honestly say that having your perception of reality altered in any form is fucking awful.

I keep seeing flying shadowy masses and hearing chains rattling and iron gates being rammed. I once heard an entire monolog from a woman who works with me. I could even see her and feel the fabric of her shirt.

Nowadays I just try to calm down and wait for it to be over.
>>
>>335849972
you think you do but you dont
>>
>>335849986
Just try to wiggle your toes, it usually works for me
>>
>>335849986
Wait I didn't follow.Is that some kind of side effect or am I misreading?
>>
>>335849986
sleep paralysis isn't the same as lucid dreaming
>>
>>335845331
If there was a way to do *anything* while I slept, I would. Because sleeping is an enormous waste of time.
>>
>>335845331
No, i can barely sleep to begin with. I takes at least 2-3 hours every night before i fall asleep no matter how tired i am
>>
>>335853673
I have fucked up sleep schedule too. Most nights stay up until 2am. If I have to go to work or do something important I can get up. But on day offs I can sleep until midday and than it just means whole day is ruined.
>>
>>335845331
Lucid Dreaming my man.

Much more fun that any vidya.
>>
>>335849539
>>335849761
>>335849986
>>335851751

Alright motherfuckers listen:

Sleep paralysis is NOT necessarily tied to lucid dreaming. I and everyone I know who LD's does not get sleep paralysis with ANY regularity, it's a once in a blue moon type thing. I've NEVER had it.

They are linked for sure and learning to LD will increase your chances of sleep paralysis but does not guarantee it will start happening.

Additionally, sleep paralysis is only scary because people freak the fuck out when it starts and put themselves into imagining scary shit. It just be a NEUTRAL or even POSITIVE experience if you chill the fuck out.

I think LDing is well worth the potential downsides.

How to actually get LDs in next post.
>>
>>335854740
How to get lucid dreaming going:

- Keep a dream journal. This is not optional.
- Practice All-Day Awareness (ADA). While awake regularly check if you are dreaming until it becomes a habit. For example: check your hands, check if you can read things, do double-takes at clocks to see if they change. Once this becomes an automatic habit it will happen during your dreams.
- If you find yourself in a lucid dream, rub your hands together or spin around in a circle and focus on the details. It will help you get more lucid and more detail in your dreams.
- Have a steady sleep schedule, preferably with at least 8 hours a night
- If you smoke weed, take a break. Smoking green for a long period of time and suddenly stopping leads to a burst in dreaming
- Changes of scenery can increase dreams - e.g. going camping, sleeping in a different room, possibly even moving your bed around
- If you really want to be hardcore, look into supplements like melatonin and calea zacatechichi (both legal)
>>
>>335849986
>confusing SP with LD
don't listen to this guy, he is a fag. Plus, SP is fun. To go Lucid, lay still and don't go to sleep. Don't move a muscle either. Your body will test itself to check if you are sleeping. If you past the test, you may hear a noise that will bring you to lucid SP which you can segway into a Lucid Dream.

Alternative method is to think like you are in a dream before falling asleep. You know how your dreams are very disjointed and random? Try to think like your dreams play out in your mind. Just remember you are awake while doing this and you will eventually fall asleep while lucid.
>>
>>335845331
seems risky.
>>
>>335845331
it already haunts me in my dreams
>>
File: fuuka.jpg (73 KB, 744x791) Image search: [Google]
fuuka.jpg
73 KB, 744x791
>have lucid dreams pretty often
>most of them I always look for qts to rape
>always wake up with my shortyshort stained
>mum has to clean all than dried cum
>>
>>335855116
This negus knows what he's talking about.

The first method (WILD) is pretty hard for newbies though.
>>
File: 1445068323167.jpg (87 KB, 736x552) Image search: [Google]
1445068323167.jpg
87 KB, 736x552
>>335854740
LDs?

Long Dick
>>
>>335845331
You can.

Play games with waiting times. They're mostly on mobile shit.
>>
>>335849452
>what is day dreaming?

And it's a cash feel; too bad most people do it when they have to pay attention to something else though.
>>
>>335854740
>
Additionally, sleep paralysis is only scary because people freak the fuck out when it starts and put themselves into imagining scary shit. It just be a NEUTRAL or even POSITIVE experience if you chill the fuck out.
fuck no

every time I get sleep paralysis, I'm usually in an uncomfortable position because of an awkward sleeping position or i'm just too warm under the blanket. It sucks. Not terrifying but I just want to get out of it ASAP. Can't even lucid dream because I'm too aware of how uncomfortable I am.
>>
>>335845331
Fuck no. Whenever I start a new game the first night I always end up dreaming about its gameplay. Like my brain goes into overdrive thinking about all the possibilities of the combat system, real and made up encounters, abilities, weapons, etc. And it's the very opposite of a refreshing sleep. That single night is bad enough, I don't need it to happen any more frequently.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.