[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Beat symphonia for the first time in ~5 year a couple days
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
>Beat symphonia for the first time in ~5 year a couple days ago
>Absolutely could not put it down, had a blast the whole time as expected
>Decide to play this directly after
>Five hours into it I can't be bothered to continue
It's graffiti in the form of a game.
>>
>>335840635
It's easily the worst Tales except maybe Tales of the World.
>>
>>335840635
Don't bother.

Really puts things into perspective when people call Bravely Second a bad sequel.
>>
>tfw courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
>>
>you will never fuck marta
>>
Liked it more than Graces and Xillia.
>>
It's been a while since I played this game but if I remember correctly the reasons it's shit are

>No world map
>Rehashed areas
>Bland artstyle
>Shoehorned pokemon muchanic
>Emil and Marta are terrible characters
>Characters from the original are flanderized beyond repair (ie. knowing which Lloyd is the imposter because he uses the word "justice")
>Only have characters from the original game in your party for certain segments,and they can't be leveled up or re-equipped and you have to plug in a second controller to even play as them in combat

Is that about right?
>>
>>335841553
dat snaggletooth hnnngh

>>335841831
i was so disappointed when i found out the first game's cast can't be leveled up, the only reason i even bothered starting the game after finishing symphonia was to play this one with my previous party and it felt like eating actual shit off the ground.
>>
File: mithosfinalform.jpg (81 KB, 576x448) Image search: [Google]
mithosfinalform.jpg
81 KB, 576x448
>>335841831
>>335841787
>>335841553
>>335841123
>>335841005
>>335840856
>>335840635
>everyone praises the fuck out of tales of symphonia
>end up giving it a shot
>not bad
>the deeper I get in the story the more retarded it gets
>the most obvious plot twists I have ever
>awful writing everywhere
>story is literally dogshit
>whatever got this far lets fight the last
>LITERALLY FIGHTING THE WORST LOOKING BOSS

what the fuck, why do people praise this shit

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING BOSS
>>
>>335842034
i had no issues with mithos's final form. you must have not played enough JRPGs if you think the plot got bad and mithos looked bad.

Lloyd growing wings at the end was stupid though
>>
>>335842034

The people who make these games can't write to save their lives. Even the best written game in the series is only interesting for like half of it until the game decides to make up for lost time by shoving as much trash in the second half as possible.
>>
File: Kratos_Status_(ToVS).png (979 KB, 442x566) Image search: [Google]
Kratos_Status_(ToVS).png
979 KB, 442x566
>>335842034
>THIS GUY TRIED TO KILL ME AND MY FRIENDS A BUNCH BUT SOMEONE ELSE WHO TRIED TO KILL ME TOLD ME HE WAS MY DAD
>I GUESS I'LL JUST START CALLING HIM DAD EVEN THOUGH I ALREADY HAVE A DAD
>GUESS I GOT TWO GREAT DADS

yeah it was pretty bad actually
>>
File: 1453132464338.jpg (168 KB, 608x603) Image search: [Google]
1453132464338.jpg
168 KB, 608x603
>>335842034
Nostalgiafag and people that got introduced to Tales of (like me) benerathe this game

Oh and yeah, I bought it 3 times (GCN, PS3 and PC) and pirate the PS2 version and I'm not gonna lie: It aged like shit. But I can't stop playing it because of the nostalgia. I'm punishing myself everytime I play this game.
Fuck this game man, I just don't know what to do.
And Abyss was better gameplay-wise because story is a no-brainer in Tales of.
>>
>>335840635
yeah literally everyone in the world considers DotNW an abortion and an insult to the first game.
>>
>>335841005
Bravely Second sucks because instead of fixing the massive flaws of the first game, they instead decided to quadruple those flaws.

You can't tell me the people making the game didn't KNOW what they were doing, they purposefully made it worse, either to spite fans or because they don't give a fuck.
>>
>>335842870
>>335842763
>>335842419

Basically this. Tales is subpar in general and Symphonia is just a middle of the road entry in it.

But it was the first to get popular in the West so "muh best tayles evur, wen it wuz gud!"
>>
>>335841005
Both Bravely games are bland shit.
>>
>>335840635
Welome to Tales of. It's all downhill from there.
>>
Symphonia has the best writing in the series and best cast. Fuck you if you think it's nostalgia, it's true. I'm hoping berseria surprises me though.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.