[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh come on. This is not about 'git gud' anymore, this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: Nameless King.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nameless King.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
Oh come on.
This is not about 'git gud' anymore, this bossfight is fucking broken.
I'm at level 93 and I've tried my best against this shitter for FIVE HOURS.
I've had no problems with his fucking chicken, but how the fuck am I supposed to deal with the NK himself?

>his attacks can't be parried
>takes 60-80% HP for each hit
>sturdy as fuck
>broken reach and hitboxes, some attacks hit you no matter how far
>you gotta hit and roll/hide during all the fight because he has infinite stamina and there's virtually no time to hit him more than two times

Come on, if this isn't artificial difficulty I don't know what is

P.S
I soloed every boss including Pontiff and Champion Gundyr dying 2-3 times max, that's why I'm so pissed off
>>
>>335833330
Learn to Dodge: The Fight
>>
Jesus Christ OP he's not that hard. He telegraphs the fuck out of a lot of his attacks and leaves tons of openings to get hits in. I beat him in a handful of attempts and I wasn't even using a shield.
>>
>broken reach and hitboxes, some attacks hit you no matter how far
Wind
>>
>>335833883
I'm talking about his thrusts
>>
>>335833330
Git gud or let me help you if you're on ps4
>>
>>335834029
Dodge sideways before he he hits you.
>>
>>335834076
Nah, bro.
I mean, I'm on ps4 but I want to beat him by myself
>>
>>335834029
They are telegraphed and dodgeable OP, but it does require timing. Are you wearing the roll ring?
>>
LOL
>>
LITERALLY
IMPOSSIBLE
M
P
O
S
S
I
BLE
>>
>>335834327
With timing I mean you have to time them pretty exact. In my earlier tries I kept fuckin up the timing of his different attacks (thank god it's a forgiving fight), especially his forward thrust and his 3x swipe which is not really that fast. Kept rolling to soon ending up in the swipe halfway through.
>>
>>335834465
>Estus Flask +7
>Stamina and HP probably also STR and DEX above 40

Wow so good
>>
>>335833330

Took me 3 hours to learn this guy, 2nd playthrough i bashed his dumb turtleneck'd face in with a yhorms greataxe and it wasn't hard.
>>
>>335834684

>+7

u wot? Why would you not have a +10 flask by this point
>>
>>335834684
Inform me when you've finished your bare fist SL1 run. Then you might have enough internet bragging points to critisize me.
>>
>>335834465
>wearing the pissed pants set
L M A O
>>
>>335835276
Not like it's better or worse than any other set
>>
>>335835669
You're a generic diamond dozen faggot.
>>
>>335834684
>>Estus Flask +7
Yeah and 9 left, I had 12 at the start, and my vigor was at 27, str 40, endurance 40 and dex 10
>>
>>335835716
Fuck off you pathetic special snowflake, no one cares about your shitty cosplaying.
>>
>>335833330
Ranged is the only way to go with this one. Pyromancy helps a lot. Just stay as far away from him as possible. If you have a bow use that.

Only boss that gave me a lot of trouble.

Also, don't summon, it makes it a lot harder since you can't predict his moves. He gives you a lot of notice though so it's easy to dodge his ranged attacks.

Hang in there anon.
>>
>>335833330
Hate to break it to you OP but this fight is actually literally impossible. He has infinite stamina, infinite poise, every attack will stun you and there are zero striking opportunities. In fact he doesn't even need to hit you and you still take damage from his attacks. It's just another gimmick, you're not allowed to win.
>>
>>335833330
>Pontiff and Champion Gundyr dying 2-3 times max
>has trouble with NK
sure
>>
Nameless King? Hardest boss in the game if you don't use ranged weapons / magic; top 5 easiest if you do.

Luckily I was pulling out my Black Bow of Pharis +10 all game, so I discovered his weakness pretty damn sharp.

He won't get a single hit in on you if you go ranged. He's slow as fuck and it's his weakness.
>>
>>335836090
not OP, I don't understand the fascination with Gundyr. Took me two tries. NK easily took me 10+
>>
>>335835912
>Ranged is the only way to go with this one.
lol
>>
>>335833330
summon some fags to help your faggy ass
>>
>>335833330
all he does is long delay attack combos. After those you hit him 2x times and wait for a new opening.
>>
>>335836267
>lol
lol
>>
>>335833330
Dragonslayer's Greatshield makes this whole fight a joke.
Souls is still an RPG you know.
>>
>>335833330
Great Magic Shield is op in Dark Souls 3, try it out
>>
File: screenshot.25.jpg (688 KB, 1753x880) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.25.jpg
688 KB, 1753x880
>>335833330
Come on OP, people like you ruined this fight for me. I've constantly see people complain about NK and literally impossible memes about him.

Yes he's fast, wide attack range and hits hard. But not anything more then all the other bosses. For fucks sake, pontiff was harder, his shadow made his attacks very timing heavy to dodge and would devastate your health if hit.

His bird though is artificial difficulty, because depth perception is hard without any surroundings to base your distance with, but is easily beaten once you realize that you need to just dodge through the attacks. But you SHOULD know this by now.

I was so hyped for this so called "Difficult fight" thanks to people like OP and memes. But it only took me a couple of tries to beat him, no. I am completely average at Souls games. If you are struggling, just equip lighting absorbent gear.
>Loyd's ring
>Thunder stoneplate ring
>Thunder resistant set.
Boom, 40% Resistance against lighting. And loyd saves your health from the physical portion. As long as you don't have 10 vigor you should survive long enough to heal yourself.
>>
>>335833330
Killed him the first try, NG+
>>
>>335836472
This.

I was Yhorm'ing through the game but just couldn't down this dork. Popped Deacons hat, Dragonslayer's shit and poked the fuck out of him while face tanking EVERYTHING.
Only do this method of you want to win with no difficulty.

It doesn't feel good.
>>
Honestly, I can't get back into the game after my first playthrough on my main. I'm just too powerful.

>lvl 110
>25 Vigor
>40 End
>45 STR
>35 Dex

I'm using the two handed Pontiff flame sword and I'm practically one shotting anything that doesn't have an intentionally big health bar or defense.

This is easily one of the most disappointed parts of the game. The NG+ for me is so piss fucking easy that I have no reason to change anything.
>>
>>335836291
I'm helping people out now. most of the hosts die
>>
>>335835669
Other sets don't have you wearing another man's pissed pants
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.