[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post 'em
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
A JoJo point-and-click adventure game where you can use your party's Stand abilities to help solve puzzles.
>>
The Thing multiplayer survival game.

Gameplay: A group of players, each with very different and non-overlapping specializations, are stuck on a failing station on one of the poles. Several different issues pop up over time, often at once - power turns off, heating system breaks, unknown enemies break into the station etc. The players have to mend these issues, but each character is specialized for a different problem, making division and separation absolutely necessary to prevent a group game-over. These objectives are such that players can create a stable environment if everyone is in a separate room and busy doing their own thing, but this creates an obvious security problem which the players need to balance with the urgency of their tasks, by huddling together when they can and separating only when they absolutely have to.

A random player starts as the Thing (and is made aware of it), and his goal is to infect others by eliminating them one by one. If The Thing is discovered and survives, he can attempt to sabotage the player's chances by damaging the facilities, but only to the degree where it can still be repaired and ensure its survival later (so just rigging the station to blow up/freeze is not its win condition).

The game would be a FPS, with easy-but-engrossing logical, memory and reflex games presenting each of the player's professions. They are such that you can do them very easily if you pay attention to them, but can fail (and cause catastrophe) if you constantly have to look over your shoulder and can't pay attention.
>>
>>335826881
A thread where the OP is not a faggot
>>
>>335828303
Ebin
>>
>>335828217
I like this, but there would be 2 problems:

1. How do you prevent people from cheating and alerting other teammates like, "Hey playerX, just killed me, he's the thing".

2. you mention non-overlapping specialties. then there is an inherent problem of one of these specialties being filled by the thing. then again a solution would be that the Thing would have to still go about and do his tasks as not to draw suspicion.

I would play this shit out of this.
>>
File: 1459316268685.png (139 KB, 340x318) Image search: [Google]
1459316268685.png
139 KB, 340x318
A point-and-click adventure game set in an invasion of the bodysnatchers scenario where the culprit changes during each playthrough depending on your choices

It's important to nip the invasion at the bud early on by assassinating key targets (the original aliens who entered the world) hitman-style or you'll go into the bad ending route where everyone turns into snatchers and the game shifts to a survival horror nightmare

basically a 21st century remake of snatcher
>>
>>335828705
>1. How do you prevent people from cheating and alerting other teammates like, "Hey playerX, just killed me, he's the thing".

You would have to trust the players with not wanting to ruin the game at any cost, possibly with a voting system that rewards fair play. Either way, the Thing can feasibly win even if it's discovered from the get-go. It just has to out-maneuver the humans and violently kill/assimilate them while they frantically try to prevent the station from going to hell.

Additionally, there could be a system where the players are rewarded by completing the match with the facility being as undamaged as possible. Outing the Thing right away would lead to it having to try to destroy a lot of things to get its way, reducing the score/awards for completion. I haven't thought about this too hard because it's a very advanced problem, but there are ways to make the players "behave." You kinda have to assume that people will be at their worst, but if they have in-game incentive to act proper, you could get something going.

Regarding specialties, I guess non-proficient players could still complete tasks, but at a harder difficulty. So for example, a group that lost a welder would improvise and weld doors shabbily making them more prone to destruction.
>>
>>335829594
scratch the point-and-click part, action adventure would be better
>>
>>335829703
>You would have to trust the players with not wanting to ruin the game at any cost, possibly with a voting system that rewards fair play.
Or disable text/voice chat and rely on in-game voice commands for communication
>>
>>335830058
Maybe I'm misreading this, but couldn't you just have it so that when someone is killed their voice comms are disabled?
>>
>>335829594
The Blade Runner game by Westwood is kind of like that, where a different person is a Reploid each time you play.
>>
>>335828705
Also, to be more specific in regard to what you brought up:

>then there is an inherent problem of one of these specialties being filled by the thing

This is actually what I intended. The infected player has some good reasons to act like a normal player: in order to not get detected, and in order to ensure its survival. If it #yolo'd and sabotaged power early on, others would be suspicious of the electrician and he would be discovered, or if he evaded detection and faked doing repairs, everyone would just freeze to death.

>>335830058
>>335830396

I wouldn't want in-game comms in such a game, and perhaps not even text. Hell, team matchmaking wouldn't even need to exist, to elevate the sense of distrust, and eliminate foul play, by playing with literal anonymous strangers.

I'm probably gonna get some slack for this, but the Souls games did player interaction fairly well overall. Players communicate through actions and gestures, and 9/10 times you understand what the other people's intention is. If an invader is continuously gesturing at you and dropping items and not attacking, that's a good way to communicate that he just wants to fuck around and not fight. I believe that players being "mute" opens up room for more interesting interaction than with chat.

For a game like my idea, you'd need like 10 sentences to communicate anyway:

>come (with)
>go (away)
>stay
>fix
>destroy
>danger
>thing!
>>
>>335831012
>slack
* flak
>>
>>335826881
Okay so
How about

It's an six-member party RPG, where you are tasked with finding suitable champions from the five other cities you visit.

In no particular order:

The first is the prince son of a merchant king who rules the arabian-style desert trading city in the center of all other cities. He's a heartbroken charmer who sneaks out of the palace in a disguise and takes on a different character when in town, as a mysterious singer who you can hear singing "The Grande Bazaar" from Tea Party's Alhambra album. When monsters raid the bazaar he's singing in, he hops to duty (still in disguise) and uses his spear to dispatch enemies alongside you. You find him later singing about a lost love before convincing him to join you.

The second is a magitek android woman, initially shaped after her creators (a lamia), but later upgrading to lizardwoman-style. Likes to use binding, shocking, and bleeding attacks.

The third is a shapeshifter thief. Can take many a surprising shape, and is an incorrigible flirt. With everyone. And everything.

The fourth is... You don't seem to find the champion of one of the cities, but you do investigate some missing people and find a spoopy lab underneath a creepy mansion. At first, it seems that a mannequin that only moves when you're not looking at it is trying to hurt you, but at some point it becomes clear that it's trying to help and protect you from a giant abomination that devours energy and souls. It joins your party at the end, a little worse for wear, but still capable. Only moves whenever the camera isn't looking at it, lagging a little behind.

And the fifth, you find in a sewer-labyrinth full of skeletons, and she is a skeletal paladin, forming mystical barriers with bone motifs, a skull on her shield, and so on. Speaks only in screeches, can only be understood by the android. The unfortunate subject of a lich's experiments. You're forced to fight her and the lich simultaneously as a joint boss.
>>
Action adventure/city builder where you're one guy who's travelled with an expedition of other guys wanting to colonize an unexplored, crazy wilderness. The overworld is split into the usual different biomes like grass field, volcano, forest, swamp, huge graveyard, ice place, you know. Every area has a dungeon that needs to be cleared before it can be settled, and apart from the first grass area, there's also another race eking out an existence in each dungeon. When the dungeon is beat, the race is freed since you wiped out most of the dangerous enemies, and then your people or that race can establish a town there.

The main idea is that you're not limited in what races establish themselves, where they do it and how many towns they can have. You can go full patriot and have your human guys colonize the whole world, let each race have one area, put the dorfs inside the ice cave, the snake people in the graveyard and the friendly skeletons in the volcano. Each race bring their own aesthetic when developing an area, produce different stuff you can buy, and even get their own look if they're put somewhere they don't usually belong (leading to dorfs with ice beards and black skeletons with flaming skulls).

Man, this would take a fuckload of variables.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84 KB, 1920x1080
Arena shooter where everyone plays ghosts, you can only score points by jumping into a body and murdering another possessed body.

You can only see your teams ghosts, so it's a bit of a stealth game as well. The trick is spotting a possession through atypical behavior.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.