[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever actually been a game where you can abide by the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
Has there ever actually been a game where you can abide by the romanticism code of Chivalry? I mean the in-game system tracks how noble you are specifically based on things like sparing a surrendering enemy, never acting treasonous, fighting fair etc.
>>
>>335812276
dark souls
>>
Only one that comes to mind is mount and blade warband, and even that is pretty much just an arbitrary 'honor' number that goes up if you let defeated lords go and down if you capture them for ransom.
>>
>>335812276
Maybe mountain blade and medieval total war(just the generals)
>>
>>335812276
Ultima IV. Was the whole point of your quest.
>>
Too sexist and problematic
>>
>>335812276
Fable
>>
maybe fable
>>
File: me.png (146 KB, 287x405) Image search: [Google]
me.png
146 KB, 287x405
>not having high Honour
>>
>>335812548
Yeah and it also demonstrated why such a system would be really annoying

Can't kill an orc running away without sacrificing my path to spiritual enlightenment
>>
>>335813536
exactly - that's the point.
>>
>>335812276
That's what some people had planned for Assassin's Creed sequels. Game was originally about being an assassin that has a creed to follow, with good assassin actions increasing synchronization, and bad actions decreasing it. The whole point was to follow a specific code of honor, with the game challenging you to break it. If we're to believe leaks from developers, the series wasn't planned to have only assassins, but honorable knights as well.

Then Ubisoft decided turning the game into yearly release beat em up was better, Patrice Desilets left, and the original artistic direction went into the trash.

Thanks Ubisoft for ruining another great concept.
>>
>>335814505
I don't the point was to be frustrating and annoying so much as demonstrating why striving for a path of spiritual enlightenment requires the utmost dedication and means giving a lot of yourself

In game terms though it's just a pain in the ass and kind of arbitrary
>>
>>335812276
Ultima 4 is the textbook example.
>>
>>335812276
Mountain Blade's honour system. You get honour for letting defeated lords go, helping out villages and refusing payment etc.
>>
File: lemortedarthurbo03malorich_0097.jpg (223 KB, 833x1019) Image search: [Google]
lemortedarthurbo03malorich_0097.jpg
223 KB, 833x1019
>>335812630
I think it's fucking hilarious how feminazis despise the romantic definition of Chivalry where they're respected and protected, yeah maybe they'd prefer the real life version where so long as you weren't noble you can get the shit raped and murdered out of you and entire cities worth of women could be forced into an organized mass rape.
>>
File: U4_Box_Recto.jpg (267 KB, 1056x1504) Image search: [Google]
U4_Box_Recto.jpg
267 KB, 1056x1504
>>
>>335816934
check that male privilege, women are equal to men it was just a coincidence that in every civilization known to man since the dawn of herstory women have been inferior in society, a huge fucking coincidence

also we're the same as men and we're not inferior in any way, but we need special laws to protect us against vile men
>>
File: womyn.jpg (245 KB, 469x671) Image search: [Google]
womyn.jpg
245 KB, 469x671
>>335818683
at last i truly see
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.