[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this just came out.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Lost-Reavers.jpg (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lost-Reavers.jpg
3 MB, 1920x1080
So this just came out.
>>
It looks like absolute trash
>>
>>335807574
It absolutely does, I'm going to see how bad it really is, but I'm amazed such a game got released in this day and age.
>>
The open beta wasn't completely awful; it was just too repetitive. Don't think it's worth spending money on.
>>
>>335807574
/thread
>>
>>335807881
Well, it's a F2P game, isn't it? It's not like anyone will actually spend money on it, right?
>>
>>335808061
Really? I might actually take another look into it. As long as it has more content than the beta it may be enjoyable.
Then again, I remember the shop they had in it and am halfway expecting p2w out the ass.
>>
What the fuck is this?
Just from the cover it looks like Jack Keane 2: Electric Boogaloo
>>
>>335808651
Think of it like a really really bad Gunz but it's a co-op dungeon crawler that's F2P for the Wii U.
>>
Oh wow, so twenty minutes in and it's just so bad.
>Melee is better than using any type of guns.
>Lag even with people in your own region.
>EXP is on a character by character bases.
>Tutorial level is longer than actual missions.
>Missions are just killing a couple enemies, going through a loading screen, killing another handful of enemies, another loading screen, then lugging an item back across the loading screens.
This is so bad.
>>
>>335811041
ONce you get to a decent level you get skeleton kings, undead cops, runners, and a chef guy.

Also Dwayne's RPG is probably better than melee whilst the ammo lasts
>>
>>335811041
>>335812720
Plus, at least in the beta, once you hit level 15 you unlocked maps that has boss rooms that are optional and require actual teamwork to not got anally annihilated.
>>
It reminds me of Blue Stinger somehow.
>>
>>335812720
>Also Dwayne's RPG is probably better than melee whilst the ammo lasts
Even so, just pressing X on Ow the Edge is way better than anything else since it knocks enemies down and usually one-shots. You usually only have one or two enemies around you at best, so the AoE on the rocket is pointless as well. Maybe later on this gets better, but you can solo anything on rank 1 so far at least.
>>
>>335813521
I didn't mention bosses because they're gigantic health sponges, that are really only there to fuck up your loot, and make you need to buy more health and ammo boxes
>>
File: 1452091809008.png (644 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452091809008.png
644 KB, 1280x720
>its basically F2P L4D on Wii U
>People hate it for some reason

welp
>>
>>335807480
I can't play it because my stupid ass modem. Have fun for me.
>>
Wait, it's out? It went live immediately after the open beta ended?

What was the point of the beta then? Wasn't that just the actual release?
>>
>>335815119
The game was out in Japan since last year, the western beta was probably for network tests.
>>
>>335815279
Man, this game flew right under the radar.

Oh well, the beta was shit anyway. >>335813982 is right.
>>
>>335814506
>>People hate it for some reason
>Aiming is garbage
>Melee is vastly superior to any guns because of the garbage aiming system.
>Character levels are separate instead of shared because of the skill system
>Have to do a mandatory tutorial when switching to a new character for the first time because apparently changing the function of the X weapon for two characters is way too much for someone to handle.
>Enemies are brain dead and your walking speed can outrun them.
>This entire Analysis Chip nonsense which would take months of playing to uncrate a single item.
>Everything feels like it has a delay before you can even move right after attacking.
>Evade is worthless when you can just outrun an enemy.
>Levels consist of fighting enemies for twenty seconds, walking through a loading screen, fighting some more enemies, walking through a loading screen, and then picking up the Relic so you can walk through another couple loading screens.
It's nothing like L4D.
>>
>>335815642
>Aiming is garbage
This could be fixed with Splatoon-like gyro controls when using the shooter camera.

The game has a headshot mechanic but it's a chore to do with the sticks. Not hard, obviously, since you can just slowly walk backward while lining up your shot, it's just tedious to do every time if you don't want to waste ammo (which is obviously what they want so you have to buy more)
>>
>>335815642
I had my fair share of hours in beta and i can disprove some of these points.

>Enemies and Dodging
At higher levels even though enemies are slow, when in great numbers they can be quite the threat, and when you go melee dodging is pretty usefull.
>Aiming
Aiming is not that horrible, the regular aiming that is, sure the RB aiming is kinda awkward
>Melee > Guns
It really depends on the situation, You cannot take bosses out melee only. plus if you upgrade your weapon it can do quite a bit of damage.
>Mandatory tutorial for each character
yes, that is kinda silly
>Analisis Chip
I dont know about retail yet but in the beta, i managed to get a couple of weapons with some tries, its probably just luck though but not impossible.
>Levels
Levels get better as you level up but i sure hope they add more areas.
>Character growth
Not bad at all, a little RPG flavor without going too far. Its also not hard to level up, so long as you got people to play with.

Now i understand if people dont like it, but its not bad. Even with a cash shop is ok because its not against players, it might actually help if you team up with some rich boy and you cant handle the game without it. Overall its a fun little free title to spend time, with friends even. Now if they add more areas, characters and bosses, its gonna be great.
>>
>>335816434
>its probably just luck though but not impossible.
The ten free Analysis Chips I just got only gave me 2 each use on items that require 400 to unlock. A single chip costs 250 medals and you earn maybe 10 a level.
>>
>>335816879
I know, it mostly moves progress by 2 but i was lucky enough to get some weapons. You can always scrap unwanted weapons for chips.
>>
>>335816879
You're talking to a fanboy
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.