[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the best Sonic games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 26
File: 1459465715173.png (857 KB, 932x708) Image search: [Google]
1459465715173.png
857 KB, 932x708
What are the best Sonic games?
>>
sonic adventure games for gba
>>
Who cares? The games were never fun.
>>
>>335802681
>sonic Accenture games for gba
You fukin wot?
also Sonic CD is best
>>
1, 2 and to lesser extant 3.
CD
Sonic Advanced series
Mean Bean Machine and Spinball were decent spinoffs.
>>
>>335802736
Why have people been saying this so much recently?
Is this a new meme?
>>
>>335802294
3 & Knuckles
3 alone
& Knuckles alone
CD
Adventure 1
Adventure 2
Advance 1
Advance 2
Advance 3
Rush
Rush Adventure
Colors
Generations

maybe Heroes & Unleashed or Knuckles Chaotix, those are hit or miss
>>
>>335803021

>new

"Sonic was always bad!" has been a meme since like 2007.
>>
>>335802736
Hey game critic. Guess what? Sonic > Undertale
>>
>>335802294
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Sonic 3&Knuckles.

The original Sonic the Hedgehog is pretty good, but it's more of a traditional platformer than anything else. I honestly wish Sega would stop pushing this one. Like they are releasing the Sega 3D collection on the 3DS soon, and it has a lot of great games, one of which is Sonic the Hedgehog. But I don't think it should have made the cut. I feel like it's the shortest and obviously the slowest of the main franchise.
>>
>>335803285

Sonic 1 is not better than Undertale.

Sonic 2 probably isn't either but then again I know I'm probably the only person who never really got into that one.

3K and CD are leagues ahead of it though
>>
>>335803589
>Sonic 1 is not better than Undertale
It is, or at least equals to it.
Sonic 2 is miles ahead of Undertale.
3&K and CD knock it out of the fucking park.
>>
File: Logo Version.png (557 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
Logo Version.png
557 KB, 900x900
>>335802294
If you want to play in a particular order.

Traditional:
1. Sonic 3 Complete (Sonic 2 is similar)
2. Sonic CD (Steam Release)
3. Sonic: After the Sequel (Sonic: Before the Sequel is similar)

Newer Gen:
1. Sonic Rush Adventure (Sonic Rush is similar)
2. Sonic Generations (Unleashed Project adds more levels)
3. Sonic Colors

Mixture/Others:
1. Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (Steam Release)
2. Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed (Top Tier Racing)
3. Sonic Battle or any Sonic Advance

That's literally it. Nothing else matters.
>>
>>335803285
Never played Undertale but I'm sure it's better than Sonic.
>>
>>335803980
>Adventure 2 over Colors
>Battle over Advance.
>Rush 2 over Rush 1.
>A decent fan game over 1&2.

This is the best bait I've ever seen.
>>
>>335803980
>Sonic 3 Complete (Sonic 2 is similar)
?
Also add on Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 (2013 Taxman rereleases), they were remade by the same guy who remade Sonic CD and put it on Steam and iOS.
>>
>>335804080
It isn't.
>>
>>335803980
Nice b8 m8
>>
>>335803980
>"Sonic Adventure 2 was good!"
I despise Sega for releasing it on GameCube, it spawned an entire generation of retards with no taste.
>>
>>335804354
fuck sonic regardless
>>
>>335804260
>>335804362
My 3x3 grid are my favorite Sonic games. The text list I provided is more justified.
>>
>>335804260
He says Battle or any Advance game and mentions Sonic Rush
>>335804415
>Sonic Adventure 2 was bad!
That's cute, fedora tipper
>>
>>335804442
You're as retarded as console war faggots. Judge things by their individual qualities, not branding.
>>
>>335804531
I've judged Sonic by its individual qualities tho
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 750x391) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 750x391
>>335804442
Why do you hate Sonic anon?
>>
>>335804415
Sonic Adventure 2 aged like milk.
But sometimes it does something cool.

Also can't forget Chao Garden.
>>
>>335804645
That pic is right
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 256x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 256x750
>>335804701
Sonic > Last of Us
Sonic > Gone Home
Sonic > Undertale
Sonic > Triple A titles
>>
>>335804495
>The one who DOESN'T like the game that unironically tried to introduce politics, AIDS, edgy drama bullshit, sex appeal and terrible anime garbage to a series about a whimsical fast blue animal is the fedorautist.
????
>>
>>335804832
Haven't played those games. I just know Sonic is a bad series.
>>
>>335804893
Why?
>>
>>335804932
I didn't like it
>>
>>335804268
I can't get the feel for either Sonic 1 nor 2.

Sonic 1 is slower than CD with it's map designs and pacing. Sonic 1 had uninspired bosses and had more unfair deaths.
Sonic 2 just doesn't feel as good as Sonic 3&K. S3 has better variety of zones, more colors, more abilities, and a fucking save system.
>>
>>335805051
How come?
>>
>>335804672
It didn't "age", it was unresponsive and poorly designed from the start even compared to contemporaries.

And the Chao were in the first game.
>>
>>335803980
All Stars Racing Transformed is the best Sonic game ever made.
The platformers are all fucking bad.
>hey what if we made a platformer that could only be played properly if you knew the level in advance and knew how convoluted and retarded it is?
>>
>>335805082
The taxman rereleases add a spin dash for Sonic 1 so Sonic goes faster, as well as adding Tails, Knuckles, and Sonic w/Tails. So the spin dash might fix the slow problems.
Sonic 2 also has Hidden Palace Zone. And both rereleases have save features like Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
>>
>>335805127
>unresponsive and poorly designed
My game works fine for me anon? The Adventure games are a little spazzy but unresponsive and poorly designed?
>>
>>335805094
Sonic actually feels slow and the stage design bores me because there's no room to see what's coming and react to it in your first playthrough. Traversing a stage is more about memory than reaction time. The problem is that in order to acquire that memory, you have to play through a boring game.

Mario actually feels faster and I can clear many stages without having to stop, even if I haven't played them before. This makes for a more fun first experience.
>>
>>335805127
>It didn't "age", it was unresponsive and poorly designed from the start even compared to contemporaries.
I won't argue. There is a lot of problems I see now that I didn't see as a kid.
>And the Chao were in the first game.
Yeah but the Chao Garden wasn't nearly as expansive as it was in Battle.
>>
>>335805290
That criticism doesn't apply to 1 or 3K, and it doesn't apply to CD or 2 since they got widescreen releases.

Apply yourself
>>
>>335805290
All behold the bearer of shit opinions.
>>
>>335805412
>no room to see what's coming
The widescreen rereleases for 1, 2, & CD fixed this "problem" you have
>>
>>335805290
>All Stars Racing Transformed is the best Sonic game ever made.
Not a Sonic game. Great fucking racing game. Not a Sonic game though.
>The platformers are all fucking bad.
Not really. Games like Sonic Colors or Sonic Rush Adventure offer a fair bit of challenge for first timers. But when you replay the stage again with more skill, you end up discovering more secrets and routes.
>>
i dont get the meme where people say that 3&K is better than 2. those people are just memeing right? 2 is leagues better.
>>
>>335805407
When only 1/3 of your game is fun, and most of that 1/3 is running down corridors? Yes, your game is poorly designed.
>>
>>335805412
Sonic: After the Sequel would be your cup of tea. It's a relatively short game with a very safe design.

It's free and easy to download. You should get it.
>>
>>335805959
>he actually thinks 2 was better than 3&K
3&K has better levels, better soundtrack, better bosses, more characters, elemental shields, it's easier to see ahead of you (that was for the noobs out there), better special stages, better art direction, tails can fly, etc.
Sonic 2 is a close second for me though.
>>
>>335805291
Noted. I'll look around for it.
>>
>>335806009
>le 1/3 meme
Treasure Hunting and shooting wasn't terrible. Also don't leave out 2Player mode and Chao Garden
>>
File: 1460705122597.jpg (49 KB, 223x314) Image search: [Google]
1460705122597.jpg
49 KB, 223x314
>>335802294
>SegaSonic (if you can configure your controls correctly on an emulator)
>Sonic 2
>Sonic 3&K
>Sonic Triple Trouble
>Sonic Pocket Adventure
>Sonic Advance
>Sonic Advance 2
>Sonic Advance 3
>Sonic Rivals 2
>Colors
>Generations
>>
3&K>&K>3>CD>2>KC>1
>>
>>335806431
3&K > 2 > CD > 3 > &K > 1 > KC
>>
>>335806260
>Treasure Hunting and shooting wasn't terrible.
They are if they take up space in a mother fucking platforming Sonic game.
>>
>>335806260

not him but treasure hunting was objectively worse than it was in SA1 and the shooting was by far the worst part of SA1 and it's no better in SA2.

There's also the fact that the pacing is absolutely fucked because of how you constantly switch between the three game modes compared to how Adventure just let you do each character's story at your own pace.

>Also don't leave out 2Player mode and Chao Garden

Am I the only person who doesn't give a single fuck about Chao Garden? It's just some shitty tamogatchi crap.
>>
Friendly reminder CD is shit and pushed by a obsessed samefag eternally.

1-3/K are the only ones that count, why is this even still discussed
>>
>>335806713
CD isn't shit.
>>
File: hue.jpg (31 KB, 202x181) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
31 KB, 202x181
>>335806713
>Friendly reminder CD is shit and pushed by a obsessed samefag eternally.
>>
File: 1461523289070.jpg (9 KB, 220x229) Image search: [Google]
1461523289070.jpg
9 KB, 220x229
>>335806713
>Friendly reminder CD is shit and pushed by a obsessed samefag eternally.
>>
>>335806713

The only Genesis game that can be considered better than CD would be 3&K. 1 and 2 are great, but CD is on a whole other level.
>>
>>335803184
id argue against adventure games but thats just me
>>
>>335807092
>i'd argue against the adventure games
that's nice but they were decent games
>but that's just me
lol your opinion is pretty popular actually
>>
>>335806976
>cd is on a whole other
how? i thought the stage design was lack luster. i know it was built around being able to gain enough momentum to time travel, but if you plan to just play it the stage design falls on its ass imo
>>
>>335807181
id agree for sa1s sonic/tails/knux/gamma stages and sa2 sonic stages being pretty fun, but theres still a lot of characters whos stages are awful
>>
>>335807418
i enjoyed sa2 shadow and eggman, treasure hunting in sa2 i didn't mind but I didn't like Tails in a mech
>>
>>335802294
The genesis games are better then the rest.
Play Sonic 3 Complete instead of 3 & Knuckles.
If you want to play the newer games, >>335803184 did a pretty good list.
>>
Only the games released before adventure are any good and obviously most of the spinoffs sucked dick

Fuck these memers with their 'but r-rush and generations' shilling
>>
>>335807250

CD's levels feel like an expansion over the level concepts of the original game. Levels were bigger and had more routes than before. Replaying the game meant finding more of these routes and seeing new stuff each time, and that's while not putting time travel into mind. CD's levels are big playgrounds for the physics, and I like it.

Also the special stages in CD are something I find more enjoyable than the half-pipe or the rotating maze.
>>
sonkik das heejhoor
>>
>>335805412
So what you're saying is that you're shit and it's the game's fault and that you come into every Sonic thread on /v/ to shitpost and bait? Well, here's the (You) you want so badly.
>>
>>335808154
Nope, I guarantee you can send me a recording of anyone's first sonic playthrough and they'll either go relatively slowly, or they'll keep hitting obstacles.

The game is boring. Get over it.
>>
>>335808256
>my opinion is fact. Get over it.
>>
>>335807967
I hate them. What made Sonic's level design great is that despite having so many different routes you were always heading on the RIGHT one, I.E. it leads towards the GOAL of the level. CD's routes spiral around and lead into themselves. Sonic was not designed for exploration.
>>
>>335808256
>Nope, I guarantee you can send me a recording of anyone's first sonic playthrough and they'll either go relatively slowly, or they'll keep hitting obstacles.
>people are bad at a game the first time they play it
Wow, who would have thunk it???????????????
Nah, the games are great. (You) get over it.
>>
>>335808428
>people are bad at a game the first time they play it
Then why would you call me bad for running into obstacles?

This means you agree with me that it's slow and boring at first. Now maybe you think the colors are pretty and that salvages the game for you, but the game needs to offer something to keep my interest.
>>
>>335808581
You didn't like the music? What about the parts where you're running but react properly and avoid an obstacle?
>>
>>335806260
>Retort to "not good" is "b-but it wasn't terrible!"

That's still not good, fucknuts.
>>
>>335808581
It's more that you have to get accustomed to the way Sonic moves than you need to memorize stages. A lot of people start playing the game expecting it to be like Mario, where you need all but 2 minutes to learn how to properly control him and the challenge then comes just from the level design, but Sonic's physics are a lot more complex. Once you're on top of how to use his inertia, the level design is not a problem.
>>
>>335808581
>Then why would you call me bad for running into obstacles?
Because you're bad at the game. If you are running into obstacles then you are not good at the game therefor you are bad at the game and you either are bad because you haven't had time to learn, you aren't able to learn, or choose not to learn out of pure stubbornness or something. You want to go fast because the game gives you segments of free fast that pushes you to go fast all the time and you either git gud and keep your momentum or are bad and your high is cut off. But if you think it should just hand that to you for no reason all the time then something like Firewatch might be your style of game.
Sorry you weren't willing to put in any more time into the game than what it took you to die once and quit but that's a (You) problem, not the game's problem. You get rewarded with momentum and speed when you earn it.
>>
>>335802294
Sonic 3K and CD
Sonic 2 and 1
Sonic Advance 1 and Tails Adventure
Sonic VR romhack
Sonic Generations
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle (multiplayer party game, Chao Raising single player)
>>
File: Ice Cap.jpg (48 KB, 960x585) Image search: [Google]
Ice Cap.jpg
48 KB, 960x585
Just to rank the 2D Sonic games I've played (which I think is all of them):
>Thank you god, it's fucking perfect tier
S3&K (together)
>Amazing tier
S3, S&K, CD (JP soundtrack), RushAdv
>Great tier
Adv3, S2, Rush
>Good tier
Adv1, Adv2, S1 (S1 is kinda slow)

And honorable mentions to 3D Blast, even though it's not a 2D game I always really liked that game and I'm glad it got on that Genesis collection 360 game.
>>
>best
>sonic
lol
>>
>>335808870
I like the music but I can listen to it on youtube.

>>335809019
I agree that I'm bad. My point is that he just said "you're bad" but then goes on to say that everyone is bad at the beginning, which only reiterates something I said previously: your first time with Sonic is going to be boring if you don't like getting stopped by obstacles constantly. Constantly. Constantly.

>Sorry you weren't willing to put in any more time into the game
The game is boring if I'm not good. It doesn't make any sense for me to git gud because other games can be fun even if I'm bad at them.
>>
>>335809425
>The game is boring if I'm not good. It doesn't make any sense for me to git gud because other games can be fun even if I'm bad at them.

You extract more fun from an experience which forces you to be good. Ask anyone who's played Monster Hunter.
>>
>>335809498
>You extract more fun from an experience which forces you to be good.
Sometimes yea. Monster Hunter might be an example of that. I had fun with it from the beginning. Not the case with Sonic.
>>
>Le sanic was never good meem
>Literally spouting shit opinions from egoraptor

Get out.
>>
>>335809675
Sonic's moment of competence was overshadowed even at its peak by contemporary games. I've played 3 many times but I don't pretend it holds up against the likes of mega man x, super metroid and yoshi's island because it fucking doesn't.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 1097x749) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 1097x749
>mfw I just outran all of the crushing blocks in Scrap Brain Zone
I was on a fucking roll.
>>
>>335809425
>your first time with Sonic is going to be boring if you don't like getting stopped by obstacles constantly
Honestly, if someone doesn't have autism they would very quickly learn out to dispatch enemies and get a feel for how they need to be moving in order to keep some semblance of momentum going. Both jumping and rolling kills enemies and spikes are usually pointed upwards on early stages and the only issue with them was the spike glitch on the original version of the game.
>The game is boring if I'm not good. It doesn't make any sense for me to git gud because other games can be fun even if I'm bad at them.
Then here's my advice. Stop playing platformers, since they require you to be good. Don't ever play fighting games, since they require you to actively practice and learn and require tons of skill. Stick to MOBAs, MMOs, walking simulators, and RPGs, since you seem to have an issue with hand/eye coordination.
Your opinion isn't fact, much less the majority opinion, so why are you even going on? Calling the game bad because you can't play it effectively is silly.
>>
>>335809786
Mega Man X isn't that good, Arin.
>>
>>335809786

I go back and play Megaman X and Super Metroid just as much as I go back, play and enjoy S3&K.
>>
>>335809873
I'm literally an aspie and I'm pretty good at Sonic tbqh (probably doesn't come as a surprise), so that's probably not an excuse
>>
>>335809873
To keep that semblance of momentum you have to slow down. Slow in a Sonic game? What else can salvage it? Yawn.

>Then here's my advice. Stop playing platformers
No, I'll continue playing games like Mario and Super Meat Boy because they're fun even if you're not good in the beginning.

>Your opinion isn't fact
Yep, so stop getting asshurt over it.
>>
>>335803184
This works
>>
>>335809786

We know its you, Arin. Go make more soulless, boring playthroughs with your kike boyfriend.
>>
>>335810021
Eh, I probably should have said ADHD or something because autistic kids are probably more likely to delve into the physics engine and play it to death.
>>335810075
>To keep that semblance of momentum you have to slow down.
I'll assume you don't drive and don't understand physics but yes, you do need to slow down in some cases so you can retain some momentum to build on further than before.

And then you can rage quit from both when they throw actual challenges at you. I'd bet money on you having never beat SMB3 or meat boy.
>>
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 1334x750
Just got a new time in Marble Zone Act 1. It sure feels great being good at video games.
One minute and 16 seconds.
>>
>>335810320
>you do need to slow down
It's a shame. The game isn't fun when you slow down. Only makes it more boring for someone new.

>And then you can rage quit from both when they throw actual challenges at you. I'd bet money on you having never beat SMB3 or meat boy.
I beat both though? What does being able to beat them have to do with anything?
>>
>>335810476
>The game isn't fun when you slow down
Nah, it's still fun. Again, your opinion isn't fact.

My bet did not need a response because I know you haven't beaten either. If you're that terrible at Sonic then I know for a fact you couldn't beat the final world of either games, much less world 7 of SMB3.
>>
>>335809786
>because it fucking doesn't
That's not an argument
>>
Just got new time attack records in Marble Zone Act 2 and 3!
You can go fast in those levels even around the lava block waiting parts but you have to jump carefully
>>
>>335806883
Agreed. Sonic CD was genuinely trash.
S3&K was god tier.
>>
>>335804645

To add to that Sonic games have done a good job of doing at least one thing right, and then focusing on all the shitty gimmicks.
>>
>>335810718
>Again, your opinion isn't fact.
"For me" is implied. Quit pretending.

>My bet did not need a response because I know you haven't beaten either.
Well, OK. I know I have and you...think I haven't. Guess we can move on.

>If you're that terrible at Sonic
So now I'm not only bad, but I'm actually terrible? Are you saying I can't beat the game?
>>
>>335802294
Sonic 3&K
Generations
CD
4 Part 2
All-Stars Racing Transformed

and then Freedom Planet is 3&K tier while doing its own thing.
>>
>>335811064
>Are you saying I can't beat the game?
Judging from all the complaining, no, I don't think you've beaten any Sonic game.
>>
>>335811224
I haven't but I got really, really bored. I didn't die much because the game was pretty easy if you went through it slowly.

Would you say Meat Boy and SMB3 are more difficult at the end?
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 204x208) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 204x208
>>335811151
>Sonic 4
>>
>>335811440
>bored
Of being so bad maybe.

Meat Boy, yes. SMB3, no.
>>
File: image.jpg (55 KB, 557x391) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55 KB, 557x391
>the state of this thread
>>
>>335811639
>Meat Boy, yes.
So not only is the game boring, but it's even easier than a more fun platformer I beat.

That settles it then - absolutely no reason for me to invest time in Sonic. Sad you devolved to trolling just because you can't handle my opinion.
>>
>>335811449
Part 2 might as well have been a different game, it plays completely differently.
>>
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 729x714) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 729x714
Pleb Opinion: Sonic 1 is best
Normie Opinion: Sonic 2 is best
Patrician Opinion: Sonic 3k is best
Hipster Opinion: Sonic CD is best
>>
>>335811814
>calls me the troll when he has done nothing but bait this entire time
Some people say retards like you are cute but they're wrong.
>>
File: Adventure Wallpaper.jpg (803 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
Adventure Wallpaper.jpg
803 KB, 1440x900
Anyone not suggesting Adventure is likely to be too young to use this site.
>>
>>335812262
But that game didn't age well!
>>
>>335812128
Plebs and normies both prefer 2. Hipsters prefer 1 and CD. Patricians prefer 3K and CD.
>>
>>335812262
Anyone suggesting Adventure is too young to use this site
>>
>>335811449
Episode 1 was just meh.
Episode 2 is pretty good, if not great.
>>
>>335804080
Why are you lying on this board? You probably have a tumblr account and you're shitposting about how much you love Sans or something.
>>
File: Angry Chao Stencil.jpg (112 KB, 636x534) Image search: [Google]
Angry Chao Stencil.jpg
112 KB, 636x534
>>335812308
No, it didn't. The camera was dodgy, the cutscenes were dire, and occasionally there were funky glitches.

But the level design was great, the adventure fields were neat, the Chao gardens were a good idea and the soundtrack is unmatched.

>>335812430
Here's your (You), son.
>>
File: Sanic3.png (66 KB, 200x176) Image search: [Google]
Sanic3.png
66 KB, 200x176
HEY SLOWPOKES
POST TOP FIVE ZONES FROM CLASSIC SONIC
>Hydrocity
>Ice Cap
>Angel Island
>Stardust Speedway
>Mushroom Hill
>>
File: Melnorme_kek.gif (40 KB, 485x213) Image search: [Google]
Melnorme_kek.gif
40 KB, 485x213
>>335804832
>he is also bi
>>
>>335806359
>SegaSonic on an emulator

Kek. I play the actual arcade machine
>>
>>335812731
>Hydrocity
>Flying Battery
>Chemical Plant
>Starlight
>Quartz Quadrant
>>
>>335812629
The voice acting, mouth flaps, and script aged like shit.

The budget was wasted on making a grandiose story and photo-realistic environments instead of polishing the gameplay.

The gameplay was splintered into different styles for the literal explicit purpose of catering to non-fans. As a result, less time was able to be put into making the actual gameplay (Sonic and Tails) have anything resembling the depth and complexity of the classic games. Instead, even the Sonic gameplay is padded with cinematic, theatrical autorun sections, and just little things that take control away from the player. Which would come to be a trend that still dominates the series to this day.

You also can't play the same stages as all of the characters in the way 3K lets you. Would have been pretty sweet if I got to explore Emerald Coast as Tails or Knuckles and reach areas Sonic couldn't, but that would require that more time and effort be put into level design.
>>
>>335812878
Proof please with timestamp
>>
>>335812731
Labyrinth
Mystic Cave
Metropolis
Sandopolis
Lava Reef
>>
File: image.jpg (358 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
358 KB, 1024x768
>>
Everything on the genesis is at least somewhat good.
Even 3D Blast has some nice harm to it and possibly the most underrated soundtrack of the 4th gen

There's nothing "good" in the 5th or 6th gen.
Sonic R is disastrous garbage.
Adventure is a horrible, horrible game.
Adventure 2 has some things going for it and the multiplayer can be pretty fun if you're drinking with a friend, but it still doesn't quite break into "good" territory over all.
Heroes is shit. Nuff said.
Ow the Edge is ambitious and I can respect that, but it still fails to stick the landing on most of what it tries to do. If anything it's the only gen 6 console sonic game I recommend just for how hilarious to play through it is.
The Advance games are mediocre. Advance 1 is alright but still feels like a pale imitation of the genesis games. Advance 2 and 3 insert ridiculous gimmicks which bring nothing to the table outside of pointless frustration and level length padding

I shouldn't have to tell you about 2006, Unleashed, Lost World, or Boom unless you literally live under a rock.
The Rush games are... they're alright. The first one is a bit cringey with its forced hip hop attitude but it plays well enough. The second plays a bit worse but it's less cringey. Pick your poison.
Sonic 4 was good for one thing and one thing only: it proved that sonic team literally has no idea what a they're doing and can not be trusted with this license anymore, even in 2D

Now, people are going to lie to to you with these next two. Some people are going to adamantly tell you lies because they're so starved for a good sonic game, that they actually believe Colors and Generations are good games. They're not. In fact, they're not even the best 3D games in the framchise. They're boiled down boost2win garbage with little to no challenge or player input required that reward instant gratification but put no emphasis on momentum or level design. They're braindead gaming

So yeah, the nostalgia Fags are actually right.
>>
>>335812731
>Flying Battery
>Lava Reef
>Ice Cap
>Sky Sanctuary
>Stardust Speedway
>>
File: Mario_on_computer.jpg (19 KB, 314x282) Image search: [Google]
Mario_on_computer.jpg
19 KB, 314x282
>>335814129
>what a they're doing
Slipped up a bit there, bro.
>>
Which re-releases of 1 and 2 should I pick up? Android or 3DS?

Also, this game needs more attention.
>>
>>335814809
Android.
>>
>>335814809
Android if you have a controller.
3DS otherwise, fuck touch controls.
>>
>>335814908
>>335815059
Thanks. I've got a controller and HDMI output so this should be good.
>>
>>335816041
I recommend jumping in the pit in Mystic Cave act 2. There's a big surprise.
>>
>>335816182
They fucked up the music in the big surprise. It should have been Sound Test #10.
>>
>>335816343
They only should've had that music if it played during the Hidden Palace cutscene where Sonic becomes Super Sonic for the 1st time as intended. I also wish they added Dust Hill and the Forest zones.
>>
>>335812571
Why does everyone feel the need to make up random baseless shit in response to me? I don't get it.
>>
File: image.jpg (99 KB, 495x578) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99 KB, 495x578
>>335817070
>he thinks Undertale is better than Sonic
>he thinks pun-making skeletons and Goofy are better than shit-talking hedgehogs and Knuckles
>he thinks that being raised by a goat mom is better than raising chao
>he thinks that constantly dodging things in a box with a heart is better than going fast while dodging missiles and spikes and fireballs and rockets
>he enjoyed undertales humor over sonics unintentional humor
Get laid.
>>
>>335802294
Sonic 3 complete
>>
>>335802294
Shadow
>>
>>335802294

GET FUNKY
KEY TO KEY
GET FUNKY YO HUSTLE HUSTLE
>>
File: TOOT.jpg (305 KB, 581x542) Image search: [Google]
TOOT.jpg
305 KB, 581x542
TOOT TOOT SONIC WARRIOR
TOOT TOOT SONIC WARRIOR
>>
>>335821338
Your HOUR is near at hand
You've got the power to save the land...
>>
>>335821338
I like Sonic Boom more.
>>
>>335822754
It's okay anon, no one is perfect.
>>
>>335821338
10 - 10 Here we go again!
9 - 9 Don't fall behind!
8 - 8 Say, don't be late!
7 - 7 Destination heaven!
6 - 5 Stay alive!
4 - 3 Now it's you and me!
2 - 1 We're gonna have fun
Say, blast off! HEY!
>>
>>335813198
How does a script "age"? Are you stupid? Just say you thought it was bad. Stop mindlessly throwing around that buzzword.
>>
>>335822754
The ending version of Sonic Boom is just magicial
>>335821338
It always upset me that that song never got a full version.
>>
the OVA and the extras menu of Sonic Mega Collection are the only good things to come out of Sonic
>>
>>335823398
Weeb
>>
File: 1369705498688.jpg (2 MB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
1369705498688.jpg
2 MB, 3200x1800
Even though the game isn't the greatest, I am in love with Sonic Unleashed's music, aesthetic and setting.

I'd love another game with hubs in different areas of the world
>>
>>335823020
Alright, sure. The writing was garbage.
>>
>>335805412
>Sonic actually feels slow and the stage design bores me because there's no room to see what's coming and react to it in your first playthrough. Traversing a stage is more about memory than reaction time.
>Mario actually feels faster and I can clear many stages without having to stop, even if I haven't played them before.
Mario has the issue of memory and/or reaction time just like any classical Sonic game does. You can't tell me that you ran through the fucking Pipe Maze as quickly as possible
>>
File: 1461855432374.jpg (9 KB, 280x206) Image search: [Google]
1461855432374.jpg
9 KB, 280x206
>>335803980
>SONIC RUSH ADVENTURE
>GOOD
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 626x721) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 626x721
>>335824161
>Sonic Rush Adventure
>bad
>>
>>335824161
>>335825075
>Rush Adventure
>even worth assessing the quality of
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 1820x1365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 1820x1365
>tfw no nyc streets level in Sonic where you boost through crowds of people
>>
The day levels for Sonic Unleashed were kinda fun. Too bad the Warehog bs ruins it.
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.